[closed]Covert Philly / Peters trade plan..........

SKOOBY

I am proposing it.

Peters is a idiot and cannot be trusted for a long term commitment, therefore what do we have but another problem around the corner?? A early first round pick could fill another need & we can get a FA to fill his spot.

Holy Crap you are a dumbass...... :thumbsup:

Skooby I have to mention this again:

March 2007: Bills re-sign Chris Kelsay to ridiculous 4 year, $23 million contract.

August 2007: Bills tear up last 3 years of Aaron Schobel's contract and give him 5 year $50 million contract to assure he's the highest paid D lineman on the Bills. Said Schobel "Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ..."

March 2007: Bills sign Derrick Dockery to 7 year $49 million contract.

Subsequently, Jason Peters, plays under the 5 years $15 million contract he was given after being promoted to right offensive tackle over Mike Williams.

January 2008: Peters is selected to the Pro Bowl.

The Bills do nothing.

January 2009: Peters selected to a second Pro Bowl.

All he did was skip OTA's in protest. If I were him I'd be pissed off too. The Bills should have been proactive with Peters like they were with Schobel. Period.

Also, Peters would have cost a lot less then if we'd have done the right thing. Now he's gonna be real expensive.

We can package our 11th pick w/ Philly's 28th pick and move up to draft 4th (660 + 1250 = 1910) or so :

Draft value chart:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

I think with the 4th pick and the 21st pick we could get some immediate help and cut bait with this J.O. Peters.

Terrible, terrible idea.

Someone from Philly on today's chat wrap suggested Philly give both first rounders for Peters and our 2nd rounder. If we could get that and maybe a second day pick (I know I'm being greedy, but look at the Roy Williams trade from last year) I might do it; it would give us three picks in the first round.

My only concern is that we are back in the hunt for a legitimate LT. I'm not sure what Peters wants (it can't be $100M), but if it's less than the Dockery deal I might do it. We all know he has talent...even if he has proven to be a crummy teammate.

You simply don't trade a guy like this in the draft for less than a boatload of picks

His combination of Strength, Quickness, youth, Footwork and technique make him possibly the best prospect at Tackle the Bills have ever seen. I can't speak for prior to the Reggie McKenzie years though lol.

There are also maybe 2 to 3 other guys max in the current NFL that are at his talent level at that position. He played at that level for a full season Plus (IMO) about 1/2 of last season. He's only going to get better right now as long as he works at it. You can hate the guy but his talent is undeniable, and blatantly obvious to see if you just isolate the best you can and watch him play over the course of games.

We can package our 11th pick w/ Philly's 28th pick and move up to draft 4th (660 + 1250 = 1910) or so :

Draft value chart:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

I think with the 4th pick and the 21st pick we could get some immediate help and cut bait with this J.O. Peters.

Months ago I thought that there were two teams that might take a run at Jason Peters because they have the need and the resources - Philly and Detroit

Trading Peters only makes sense if the following are true- The Bills have a strong belief that Bell can be at least an adequate LT, there is a premium player that The bills would like to move up to like Aaron Curry, The Bills would need to get adequate value for Peters which on talent rates a number 1 overall but with injury history drops to between 2 and 3 overall.

what would I consider a fair trade? Jason Peters and the Bills 2nd round pick for Max Jean-Gilles Philly's 2 1st round picks and their 2nd round pick.

Bill's move up for Aaron Curry, uses later first round pick for Brandon Pettigrew , has LG in Max Jean-Gilles.

You simply don't trade a guy like this in the draft for less than a boatload of picks

His combination of Strength, Quickness, youth, Footwork and technique make him possibly the best prospect at Tackle the Bills have ever seen. I can't speak for prior to the Reggie McKenzie years though lol.

There are also maybe 2 to 3 other guys max in the current NFL that are at his talent level at that position. He played at that level for a full season Plus (IMO) about 1/2 of last season. He's only going to get better right now as long as he works at it. You can hate the guy but his talent is undeniable, and blatantly obvious to see if you just isolate the best you can and watch him play over the course of games.

i agree. you are a very smart man.

it simply doesn't make sense to trade Peters when you are then going to draft his replacement with one of the picks you acquire. we know that Peters can play, that is a sure thing. a draft pick may or may not be as good, and even if he pans out would take time to reach the level that Peters play at NOW, and would be doing so at a salary equal to or above what Peters will receive.

sure thing or maybe so, maybe not? i know what i would choose with all else being equal.

ok, sure you can get other draft picks to fill out and better the rest of the roster. but an honest, unbiased assessment of the Bills roster would tell you that there really aren't all that many holes left to fill. a pass-rushing DE and OL help are the most immediate concerns, and that is without casting away the best player on the OL. a SAM and stud TE would be nice, but they have lots of options at both positions. lots of people are clamoring for a safety, but the Bills can afford to pass unless one falls into their laps.

a boatload of draft picks is not needed to fill out the roster, especially at the expense of the anchor of the OL for many years to come.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.