My Prediction for our '09 primetime game.

Well, with TO a Bill and the buzz created, we're pegged for primetime again.

Here's what I'm thinkin:

The NFL puts the Bills against the Patriots in Toronto on Monday Night.

Last year's Toronto game tanked, they wanna do it right this year. With it being an intra-divisional matchup and with it pitching TO against Moss and pretty boy Tom, you know it'd be crazy.

Make it a mid-November game and suddenly everyone is watching. I guarantee it would break the record for MNF viewership.

Mind you, being a Season Ticket holder, I'd be irked at not have the game in OP, but I think I'd have to buy tickets to that one!

Not advocating that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light. Sticking all those guys in Toronto for the weekend would be crazy!

Well, with TO a Bill and the buzz created, we're pegged for primetime again.

Here's what I'm thinkin:

The NFL puts the Bills against the Patriots in Toronto on Monday Night.

Last year's Toronto game tanked, they wanna do it right this year. With it being an intra-divisional matchup and with it pitching TO against Moss and pretty boy Tom, you know it'd be crazy.

Make it a mid-November game and suddenly everyone is watching. I guarantee it would break the record for MNF viewership.

Mind you, being a Season Ticket holder, I'd be irked at not have the game in OP, but I think I'd have to buy tickets to that one!

Not advocating that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light. Sticking all those guys in Toronto for the weekend would be crazy!

shhhhh!!!! dont give the people of Rogers any ideas lol

interesting. I would hope not, I'd hate to lose our home field advantage, not that it has mattered against the Patties. But it does make lots of sense as far as trying to regionalize the Bills and NFL north of the border. Good point lets go bills

They will not put the Pats game in Toronto - it will sell out in Buffalo. They chose Miami because they didn't sell out the last time they played in Buffalo (or had trouble selling out, don't remember). They're probably going to pick something they think will be difficult to sell.

They will not put the Pats game in Toronto - it will sell out in Buffalo. They chose Miami because they didn't sell out the last time they played in Buffalo (or had trouble selling out, don't remember). They're probably going to pick something they think will be difficult to sell.

I beg to differ. I think they'll make a conscious effort to make the game a smash hit this year.

I beg to differ. I think they'll make a conscious effort to make the game a smash hit this year.

TO only would make any game a smash hit in Toronto. Seriously, for a team that is trying to make a play run, giving a division game away really would hurt them alot. I think part of the reason Miami was the game chosen was becuase they were so terrible and the PR people thought it won't matter if the game was played in Toronto.

And I don't want to imagine if it's a Monday Night Game. I really don't wanna go to jail for murder. Plus given the crowds at the last 2 games at the Ralph, I think the NFL is smart nough to leave the game here.

TO only would make any game a smash hit in Toronto. Seriously, for a team that is trying to make a play run, giving a division game away really would hurt them alot. I think part of the reason Miami was the game chosen was becuase they were so terrible and the PR people thought it won't matter if the game was played in Toronto.

And I don't want to imagine if it's a Monday Night Game. I really don't wanna go to jail for murder. Plus given the crowds at the last 2 games at the Ralph, I think the NFL is smart nough to leave the game here.

Absolutely, I don't want it, but that's for our own selfish reasons. From a business standpoint, it makes great sense. Personally, I'd rather them give away the Texans game.

Peter King, for waht it is worth (not much I realize), said that he could envision the NFL scheduling the Patriots at Buffalo, for the first Monday night game of the season. It would mark the return of Brady, and hightlight the perceived competition between Owens and Moss. We know the Steelers will host somebody on opening Thursday.

It makes a lot of sense. TO will likely be the talk of the pre-season, intrerest will be high. Also, being the first game of the season, it would have more significance than it might later in the seaon, if one of the teams (ie: the Bills) is crapping the bed...

All in all though, I can see the Bills getting one scheduled Sunday night game (with flex-appeal later!), and two Monday night games. One could be the game in Toronto...

Peter King, for waht it is worth (not much I realize), said that he could envision the NFL scheduling the Patriots at Buffalo, for the first Monday night game of the season. It would mark the return of Brady, and hightlight the perceived competition between Owens and Moss. We know the Steelers will host somebody on opening Thursday.

It makes a lot of sense. TO will likely be the talk of the pre-season, intrerest will be high. Also, being the first game of the season, it would have more significance than it might later in the seaon, if one of the teams (ie: the Bills) is crapping the bed...

All in all though, I can see the Bills getting one scheduled Sunday night game (with flex-appeal later!), and two Monday night games. One could be the game in Toronto...

Yup. :thumbsup: