Bills on 1st and 10

zman28

ESPN is going over the topic right now in its show. Too bad the sound is off in the news room here at work so I can't hear it. If anybody is watching, what is the consesus from them? Also, what are your thoughts on where Buffalo ranks now.

Just looking at the teams, I'd say we could now be in a fight for second if you had to rank them now. I'd love to top the Pats this season, but they've also improved too this offseason. Miami hasn't done anything big and also has problems in its secondary and the Jets don't have a QB, so I'll give B-lo the nod.

I am as big of a Bills fan as anyone on this board, but signing one receiver isn't going to take us from the worst team in the division (and by no small margin) into the 2nd best. It is going to take a few more signings before we even consider not being the worst team in the division.

ESPN is going over the topic right now in its show. Too bad the sound is off in the news room here at work so I can't hear it. If anybody is watching, what is the consesus from them? Also, what are your thoughts on where Buffalo ranks now.

Just looking at the teams, I'd say we could now be in a fight for second if you had to rank them now. I'd love to top the Pats this season, but they've also improved too this offseason. Miami hasn't done anything big and also has problems in its secondary and the Jets don't have a QB, so I'll give B-lo the nod.

I can see us finishing second or third.

The Jets offense isn't looking too good but their defense should be good. The dolphins still need a wide reciever and I don't seeing them winning as many games as last season with the improvement of the AFC East's defenses.

Anything could happen. This is a year where I could make the argument for first in the division or fourth.

I am as big of a Bills fan as anyone on this board, but signing one receiver isn't going to take us from the worst team in the division (and by no small margin) into the 2nd best. It is going to take a few more signings before we even consider not being the worst team in the division.

NO SMALL MARGIN!?

Did you watch the fourth quarters of all FOUR games against MIA/NYJ??

I agree with you.

I can see us finishing second or third.

The Jets offense isn't looking too good but their defense should be good. The dolphins still need a wide reciever and I don't seeing them winning as many games as last season with the improvement of the AFC East's defenses.

Anything could happen. This is a year where I could make the argument for first in the division or fourth.

between 2nd and 4th :P

but seriously 2nd and 4th.

Jets I think are worse off then last year, they have no qb and poor WR's. The Dolphins I thought over achieved last year and teams will be more ready for them this year, not to mention as of now they have worse CB's than last year.

So, I don't see it being far fetched becoming the 2 team in the division.

I'll say the same thing that I said when I taught software, "All programs work on paper". One would hope that TO energizes the entire team. One would also hope that Jauron doesn't step on rakes all season long, as he is prone to do.

Pats are going to be very good with Brady back. My Yami is a well coached and disciplined team. Jets will not the same team next season with whoever is the QB. I don't think we will do any better than beat the Jets twice and split with NE and My Yami, and that is a VERY optimistic guess.

It did for the Miami Dolphins When they signed Chad Pennington last year during the Pre-season....That alone spurred them from a 1-15 to a 11-5 record and a post season berth.

Right now, we're tied for first.

If we don't finish in 2nd and at least be competitive with the Pats*, I will be extremely disappointed. Miami got almost every break you could last year. Also, Chadwick has never put back to back successful seasons together. We blew a 9 point lead in the first game and the 2nd game doesn't really count because of our QB.

As for the Jets, we should have beat them except for one of the worse QB performances in Bills' history. Favre sucked at the end of the year, but teams still had to respect him. Teams couldn't stack the box against them but will be bringing a safety up until whoever their QB is til they prove they can make them pay.

As for the Pats*, I just assume we will lose both games. It just saves a lot of pain that way.