If the draft were to play out this way

Well done. That's a great variation on my screenname. Did you stay up all night thinking of that one?

Again, you're missing the point, so this is the last time I'm going to explain this. I didn't say that all players who slip are bad players, I was simply making the point that just because a player slips doesn't mean he's a "steal" in a later round. If he sucks he still sucks, no matter when he was drafted. I'm sorry that you can't get that.

You missed the point too. Read above. I think Maybin will be a huge bust as a 4-3 DE, and I'm not the only one (in fact, I don't know of a single sports writer who thinks he can play in a 4-3, Matt Williamson has said he "has his doubts," and Mel Kiper is saying he's in a basic "free-fall" after his combine performance). My point - as I have had to re-state now four times for you and your friend 'Hazed' - was that just because you free-fall doesn't mean you're a good pick in a later round like the guy at the Walter football website seems to think.

"Considering some 2009 NFL mock drafts have the Bills taking Aaron Maybin at No. 11, this is a steal. I just think Maybin is going to slip on Draft Day because he really struggled to carry 249 pounds at the Combine. He even ran slower than Mitch King, for crying out loud. Teams may see Maybin as a project, given his small frame and the fact that he was a one-year wonder at Penn State.

Regardless, the Bills will be thrilled to land him down here. The team finished with just 24 sacks on the year, so this is a position that really needs to be addressed. " - http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009_2.php

Next time do your own research.

Listen buddy, I think OUR point has been that we never said you should draft somebody in the 2nd round or whatever, just because they are in a "free fall" out of a higher draft place. Please show me where I, or anyone else, used that logic. Just because Maybin didn't have the best combine and you obviously have pretty strong feelings about him being a bust doesn't mean everyone else on this board, in the state of New York, or in this country for that matter agree with your ever so strong feelings about his bust potential. It sure as hell doesn't mean he is going to turn out to be a bust. And why are you quoting Walters Football as if it was coming from the mouths of me and Haze? We both liked their mock draft for the Bills, period. What "research" did we steal or use from somewhere else? The bottom line is I think Maybin has the potential to be a good 4-3 defensive end in this league. This is my opinion. And by the way, since you keep spouting off about free-falling players who run 40's similar to Mitch King's, how about Lamarr Woodley a couple years ago? Man did he have a bad combine, and a slow 40 time. How stupid were the Steelers to take that "free faller" in the 2nd round. :D I feel like I am becoming less and less intelligent from responding to all of your nonsense, so I'm going to stop.

I know Hocknod said that no one likes Maybin or something along those lines. Bill Polian likes him a lot and says that he can definitely play DE in the 4-3 alignment. I would say that Polian knows a little bit about talent evaluation, specially DE's.

Having said that, I don't like Maybin and I would definitely pass on him as a first round pick, but I would pick him up as a second round choice. The reason why I wouldn't at the #11 spot is the risk/reward ratio doesn't seem like a fit, however at #43 he seems a lot more attractive.

But he won't make it there anyway.

I feel like I am becoming less and less intelligent from responding to all of your nonsense, so I'm going to stop.

Trust me, you hit that floor a long, long time ago.

Listen buddy, I think OUR point has been that we never said you should draft somebody in the 2nd round or whatever, just because they are in a "free fall" out of a higher draft place. Please show me where I, or anyone else, used that logic. Just because Maybin didn't have the best combine and you obviously have pretty strong feelings about him being a bust doesn't mean everyone else on this board, in the state of New York, or in this country for that matter agree with your ever so strong feelings about his bust potential. It sure as hell doesn't mean he is going to turn out to be a bust. And why are you quoting Walters Football as if it was coming from the mouths of me and Haze? We both liked their mock draft for the Bills, period. What "research" did we steal or use from somewhere else? The bottom line is I think Maybin has the potential to be a good 4-3 defensive end in this league. This is my opinion. And by the way, since you keep spouting off about free-falling players who run 40's similar to Mitch King's, how about Lamarr Woodley a couple years ago? Man did he have a bad combine, and a slow 40 time. How stupid were the Steelers to take that "free faller" in the 2nd round. :D I feel like I am becoming less and less intelligent from responding to all of your nonsense, so I'm going to stop.

My entire point was that if you don't think Maybin can fit, grabbing him in the second round isn't a "steal". If you like him then grab him at #11. Bill Polian says he likes him and yeah, he knows a thing or two about football, but have you ever heard of GM's blowing smoke before the draft?? Playing DE at 234 lbs. doesn't work in the NFL, and he clearly wasn't the same running at 249. So if he free-falls that doesn't necessarily make it a good pick. You've inferred all these other things by what I said for some reason. I can only infer that you, at best, aren't all that bright and at worst, are clinically retarded.

I know Hocknod said that no one likes Maybin or something along those lines. Bill Polian likes him a lot and says that he can definitely play DE in the 4-3 alignment. I would say that Polian knows a little bit about talent evaluation, specially DE's.

Having said that, I don't like Maybin and I would definitely pass on him as a first round pick, but I would pick him up as a second round choice. The reason why I wouldn't at the #11 spot is the risk/reward ratio doesn't seem like a fit, however at #43 he seems a lot more attractive.

But he won't make it there anyway.

Never listen to GM's before the draft. They intentionally confuse.

Listen buddy, I think OUR point has been that we never said you should draft somebody in the 2nd round or whatever, just because they are in a "free fall" out of a higher draft place. Please show me where I, or anyone else, used that logic.

I already did (hence the reference to http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009_2.php). Get a clue, dude.

Trust me, you hit that floor a long, long time ago.

My entire point was that if you don't think Maybin can fit, grabbing him in the second round isn't a "steal". If you like him then grab him at #11. Bill Polian says he likes him and yeah, he knows a thing or two about football, but have you ever heard of GM's blowing smoke before the draft?? Playing DE at 234 lbs. doesn't work in the NFL, and he clearly wasn't the same running at 249. So if he free-falls that doesn't necessarily make it a good pick. You've inferred all these other things by what I said for some reason. I can only infer that you, at best, aren't all that bright and at worst, are clinically retarded.

I think Maybin can play defensive end in a 4-3 scheme in this league, and play it pretty well. Does this mean I want the Bills to take him at #11? No, and I never said that I did. Would I like the idea of taking him later in the first round if we trade back in, or in the 2nd round, LIKE WHAT WAS POINTED OUT IN THIS MOCK AND OUR DISCUSSION? Yes, I would. You inferred from your comments that every player that "free falls" out of an earlier draft position and into a later one is going to be a "bust" and should not be drafted, i.e. Chris Kelsay. This is an utterly illegitmate and useless argument. This all began when you compared our potential drafting of Maybin in the 2nd round to our drafting of Kelsay when he "slipped" into the 2nd round. The two players and situations have absolutely nothing to do with one another and that is where all of your stupidity and condescending nonsense began. We know that you hate Aaron Maybin, and any other guy that may or may not slip from the first to the second round, because they will all inevitably be busts. Right. Give it a rest.

I think Maybin can play defensive end in a 4-3 scheme in this league, and play it pretty well. Does this mean I want the Bills to take him at #11? No, and I never said that I did. Would I like the idea of taking him later in the first round if we trade back in, or in the 2nd round, LIKE WHAT WAS POINTED OUT IN THIS MOCK AND OUR DISCUSSION? Yes, I would. You inferred from your comments that every player that "free falls" out of an earlier draft position and into a later one is going to be a "bust" and should not be drafted, i.e. Chris Kelsay.

I never said, nor implied, that "every" player that falls is a bust, just that getting any player at #42 when he was projected to us at #11 shouldn't be considered a "steal" if he's still going to be a bust. You should get reading glasses or go back to school. I was making a simple comparison. Every time a potential QB bust is brought up they are compared to Ryan Leaf. Does that mean they think he is just like Ryan Leaf? No. Get a clue, dude.

I never said, nor implied, that "every" player that falls is a bust, just that getting any player at #42 when he was projected to us at #11 shouldn't be considered a "steal" if he's still going to be a bust. You should get reading glasses or go back to school. I was making a simple comparison. Every time a potential QB bust is brought up they are compared to Ryan Leaf. Does that mean they think he is just like Ryan Leaf? No. Get a clue, dude.

:P Trust me, I'm seeing your attempt at a point 20/20, but my point is how the hell do you know who is going to be a bust in this league??? How do you know that the player who slips from being projected to us by whoever at #11 and ends up in late 1st or 2nd round is going to be a bust? Just because he slipped further than projected? Your argument makes zero sense and really shouldn't even be considered an argument. There are a ton of really good players, pro bowlers, in this league that have went lower in the draft then they were projected. And what is this Ryan Leaf stuff that is completely random and isn't even a clear thought? You're all over the board.

Trust me, I'm seeing your attempt at a point 20/20, but my point is how the hell do you know who is going to be a bust in this league??? How do you know that the player who slips from being projected to us by whoever at #11 and ends up in late 1st or 2nd round is going to be a bust? Just because he slipped further than projected? Your argument makes zero sense and really shouldn't even be considered an argument. There are a ton of really good players, pro bowlers, in this league that have went lower in the draft then they were projected. And what is this Ryan Leaf stuff that is completely random and isn't even a clear thought? You're all over the board.

For the last time, my point was that just because a player falls, unlike what the mock drafter said, doesn't make him a steal, that's all. Him slipping has nothing to do with him being a bust. You missed my point, you will always miss my point, and now you've just got diarrhea of the mouth. The Leaf argument was to point out that your argument made no sense - I wasn't saying Kelsay and Maybin were the same, I was making this thing called a parallel. Get it now? Didn't think so.

For the last time, my point was that just because a player falls, unlike what the mock drafter said, doesn't make him a steal, that's all. Him slipping has nothing to do with him being a bust. You missed my point, you will always miss my point, and now you've just got diarrhea of the mouth. The Leaf argument was to point out that your argument made no sense - I wasn't saying Kelsay and Maybin were the same, I was making this thing called a parallel. Get it now? Didn't think so.

The Maybin and Kelsay parallel is completely irrelevant. Two different players. Two different years. Just because Maybin has the possibility of going from a "projected" first round pick to the second round like Chris Kelsay doesn't mean that we shouldn't draft Maybin in that situation and/or he won't be successful in the NFL like Kelsay by and large hasn't. Kelsay's situation then isn't a good way to compare Maybin's now. Period.