Is TO The Best Player Jauron's Ever Coached?

Are the few of us still in Jauron's corner now officially devoid of apologies/excuses?

Last season I made the [lengthy] claim that Jauron can't fairly be evaluated given the dearth of veterans/pro-bowlers on the field each week. Has this argument now gone completely out the window?

Are the few of us still in Jauron's corner now officially devoid of apologies/excuses?

Last season I made the [lengthy] claim that Jauron can't fairly be evaluated given the dearth of veterans/pro-bowlers on the field each week. Has this argument now gone completely out the window?

Offensively most definately

Definsively Brian Urlacher(sp) has to be the best

Let me put it this way, my view of DJ is this I actually thought he was doing an excellent Job his coach of the year and was really pulling for him to win. Flashforward to today and my view is he should have been fired last season 0-6 in the division is a fireable offense I dont care WHO the COACH is. He did get a repreive, hes got arguablyy one of the best WR in the game today. They finally got that Threat opposite LEE. That would mean a philosphy change for DJ no more playing not to lose and would certainly have to open up the offense (this is taking into consideration the FO shores up the OL with Quality players) A better offense also leads to a better defense. The less the defense is on the field the better they will play. We havent done anything yet to improve it but we havent done anthing to deminish it from last season either i think Florence and Greer are a wash. We could certainly use an improvement over Ellison.

I know everyones goes on and on about DE/DL wants to see sacks like 2006. In my opinion if you look back at that roster its the coverage that allowed the sacks, Takeo spike, London fletcher, Nate clements all solid cover guys. The Tampa 2 is suppose to have 4 rushing the passer against 5 guys and the Coverage is suppose to hold up long enogh to get the pressure. For those of you who THinks MCgee is great this is an area he truly lacks in he is getting a liitle better but gets burned more often than not .

IF DJ can change his philosphy I can alter my view of him. IF he cant Im looking forward to a New Head Coach/GM- COWER anyone?

IF DJ can change his philosphy I can alter my view of him. IF he cant Im looking forward to a New Head Coach/GM- COWER anyone?

I hope Carl Mauck is brought back as the next coach, he can yell up a storm :D

Jauron's best player was Ted Washington- you know, the guy who wasn't good enough to play here anymore.......

Let me put it this way, my view of DJ is this I actually thought he was doing an excellent Job his coach of the year and was really pulling for him to win. Flashforward to today and my view is he should have been fired last season 0-6 in the division is a fireable offense I dont care WHO the COACH is. He did get a repreive, hes got arguablyy one of the best WR in the game today. They finally got that Threat opposite LEE. That would mean a philosphy change for DJ no more playing not to lose and would certainly have to open up the offense (this is taking into consideration the FO shores up the OL with Quality players) A better offense also leads to a better defense. The less the defense is on the field the better they will play. We havent done anything yet to improve it but we havent done anthing to deminish it from last season either i think Florence and Greer are a wash. We could certainly use an improvement over Ellison.

I know everyones goes on and on about DE/DL wants to see sacks like 2006. In my opinion if you look back at that roster its the coverage that allowed the sacks, Takeo spike, London fletcher, Nate clements all solid cover guys. The Tampa 2 is suppose to have 4 rushing the passer against 5 guys and the Coverage is suppose to hold up long enogh to get the pressure. For those of you who THinks MCgee is great this is an area he truly lacks in he is getting a liitle better but gets burned more often than not .

I'll argue [again] that the defense was NOT the problem last year, and never has been on any team coached by Jauron. We weren't dominate, sure. But I think fans are hungry for a dominating defense, because they're subconsciously aware that a dominate defense was the only means for a playoff bid in 2008. Keep in mind too that an offense that can score quickly and early can CREATE a dominating defense by forcing what their opponent can/can't do. Perhaps it's T.O. and not an OLB/DE which is required to build a dominating defense.

Is the discussion confined to his career as an HC or can we include his stints as DC and DB coach as well? He's had some fantastic players on defense over the years.

Based on pure career numbers, then TO would be the best offensive player he's had. But I'd like to see where, if anywhere, our young offensive players are in 13 years before I say TO is the best he will have EVER coached.

GO BILLS!!!

Is the discussion confined to his career as an HC or can we include his stints as DC and DB coach as well? He's had some fantastic players on defense over the years.

Based on pure career numbers, then TO would be the best offensive player he's had. But I'd like to see where, if anywhere, our young offensive players are in 13 years before I say TO is the best he will have EVER coached.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess the argument was begging the question from the start, given TO's gaudy statistics in just about every receiving category. Of course he's the best offensive player Jauron's coached.

The point of bringing it up though, was to suggest that Jauron blasters ought to be put on hold now that the man has a resource he's NEVER EVER--in his hotly debated career as a head coach--had at his disposal. Again, obviously he's never had a receiver put up TO numbers, probably less than 5 NFL coaches over the course of the league's history have. But it seems to me that Jauron's never even had a guy on one of his offenses that could even IMAGINE putting up top 5 numbers like TO has.

I suppose I just wanted to bang my pro-Jauron drumb one more time, this time adding--in best impersonation of Stan Marsh--EVERYTHING'S CHANGED NOW!

I'll argue [again] that the defense was NOT the problem last year, and never has been on any team coached by Jauron. We weren't dominate, sure. But I think fans are hungry for a dominating defense, because they're subconsciously aware that a dominate defense was the only means for a playoff bid in 2008. Keep in mind too that an offense that can score quickly and early can CREATE a dominating defense by forcing what their opponent can/can't do. Perhaps it's T.O. and not an OLB/DE which is required to build a dominating defense.

It was a big problem last year, but not the biggest problem.

Virtually no pressure on opposing QB's

Consequently got shredded by the passing game

Allowed 7, 8 & 9 minute game killing drives

Didn't change a thing, even when they were getting torched by other offenses (Fewell or Jauron, take your pick)

The fact that that the defense was way overshadowed by the putrid offense does not let them off the hook. Without any legitimate QB pressure, the same thing that happened last year will happen this year. That being said, if the team fixes the lack of a pass rush, the defense should be able to do a respectable job.