If Cleveland State beats Butler tonight...

buckeyemike

Sorry I'm just getting back on here, got into a bad car accident at 11 am on Thursday on my day off for the tournament start. Worst luck ever. Only got bets in on the late games that day, but that Cleveland State money line was beautiful, but FSU put a little dent in it. Choke artists that they are, they should have cruised to a win. That's betting though. I'm playing Memphis -9 pretty big today I think after just cashing the Nova game. I'm also leaning towards Oklahoma -6 1/2 and Western KY +11 1/2.

They were only following FSU tradition. After the baseball team choked in last year's CWS, the basketball team need felt the need to out-do them. They should have won handily with a 12 point halftime lead. However, i'll attribute a lot of it to inexperience. Our team is still very young, with all of the big time players (douglas aside) either freshmen or sophmores. FSU should be making some noise in the ACC for the next few years at the very least.

That being said, wisconsin players were flopping so much they made the World Cup jealous. I swear, the Big 10 is intent on setting sports back to the 1950s with the garbage way those teams play both football and basketball.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your doing alright. Give you an update, cleaned the board on thursday. After going 5-3 in the early games went 9-0 in the night games. It was one of those wierd days where everything seem so clear. Had Michigan, VCU, under on the VCU/UCLA game, Wash, under on the wash game. Anyways wonm about $500 thursday. Friday & saturday was a different story. Lost $200 on friday & another $215 on saturday. Made some real dumb bets on saturday. Took Maryland over memphis & A&M over Uconn. Watching the first 5 minutes of both games, I knew they were both losers. I really liked 2 games that day. Should of pounded them & laid off the other picks. Loved Villanova over UCLA & WKY over the zags.

Sunday was a new day. Did pretty well but it could of been so much better. Had $50 on Syracuse, the over on the cuse game, Arizona, Kansas, over on the Pitt & the under on the wisky game. The only loser I had was Pitt- had them at 8.5, guy misses a the front end of double bonus. makes them boith & I win that. I also took wisconsin. I am up about $140 going into the afternoon games. I said screw it & I put $100 on Siena + 11.5 & Mich St -4. Win both those. My big play though was $200 on Marquette. Win that & I had an all around successfull weekend. You guessed it, had it at 3.5. Marquette should of won that game. All I need is the guy to do at the end was inbound the god dam pass without stepping over the fuggin line & I win that game. They fouled a 62% foul shooter & of course he sinks them both. I had a tough time sleeping last night over that one. I was trying to explain it to my wife the heartache of the end of that game, but my wife being kinda moody to start with being 7 months pregnant & seeing me basically go on a 4 day drinking bender doing nothing but watching 16 hours of college basketball for 4 straight days she really was not in the mood to offer up any kind of sympathy. Oh well.

We will try to hit them again this weekend. Really like Ville over Arizona, early line is -1 & it kills me to do this but I think I have to root for Oklahoma over my almamater SU for in my household money talks before your allegiences to sports teams.

Nice night on Thursday! I'm doing okay right now, thanks. I cleaned up pretty well yesterday again with Cuse, Arizona, and Mizzou all covering for me. I had Pitt too, but at -8. That miss sucked, but I had Missouri at -2.5 so that miracle baseline cover really made up for it. I have the Louisville/Zona line at 8 1/2 opening right now, where did you get the -1 line??? Other opening lines I like are UConn -6, Villanova ML over Duke and leaning towards another ML with Kansas over Michigan State. Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich are dominant right now. Louisville could beat Arizona by 15-20, so I may take them as long as they are giving up under double digits. Seems like most things went the way they were supposed to this past weekend, hope it continues.

Nice night on Thursday! I'm doing okay right now, thanks. I cleaned up pretty well yesterday again with Cuse, Arizona, and Mizzou all covering for me. I had Pitt too, but at -8. That miss sucked, but I had Missouri at -2.5 so that miracle baseline cover really made up for it. I have the Louisville/Zona line at 8 1/2 opening right now, where did you get the -1 line??? Other opening lines I like are UConn -6, Villanova ML over Duke and leaning towards another ML with Kansas over Michigan State. Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich are dominant right now. Louisville could beat Arizona by 15-20, so I may take them as long as they are giving up under double digits. Seems like most things went the way they were supposed to this past weekend, hope it continues.

The buffalo news. Knew it was too good to be true. Just went on yahoo & most of the sites have it @ -9. I am starting to lean towards Duke. I dont know. I like Kansas, I like Uconn, I like Oklahoma. If your going to take kansas , makes sense doing the money line since they are only getting 1-2pts.

The buffalo news. Knew it was too good to be true. Just went on yahoo & most of the sites have it @ -9. I am starting to lean towards Duke. I dont know. I like Kansas, I like Uconn, I like Oklahoma. If your going to take kansas , makes sense doing the money line since they are only getting 1-2pts.

Yeah, I wish my lines came outta the News sometimes haha. I was really impressed by the way Villanova played against UCLA on Saturday. I don't know if Duke will have an answer for Dante Cunninghame inside and I think they'll struggle with the athleticism of Villanova's guards - especially Corey Fischer and Scotty Reynolds. Reynolds is way too quick for Scheyer. I think I might take both them and Kansas on the ML and possibly parlay them as well. UConn seems like a good bet too as long as it stays around 6 or 7.

Yeah, I wish my lines came outta the News sometimes haha. I was really impressed by the way Villanova played against UCLA on Saturday. I don't know if Duke will have an answer for Dante Cunninghame inside and I think they'll struggle with the athleticism of Villanova's guards - especially Corey Fischer and Scotty Reynolds. Reynolds is way too quick for Scheyer. I think I might take both them and Kansas on the ML and possibly parlay them as well. UConn seems like a good bet too as long as it stays around 6 or 7.

If Duke is making there threes, they will beat Villanova. The cats do create some matchup problems. Cinningham was excellent against the bruins & Reynolds should have way with whoever guards him. Something about this duke team where I think they are clicking at the right time. I like UConn. That Kansas/Mich St. Mich St beat them pretty good already this year, but I think KU is playing much better now.

Played a few NIT games last night. Took Kentucky + 2 over Creighton & I loved St Marys over Davidson -4.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that's such a bad matchup for Duke. Their worst matchup is against a bigger team, which Nova isn't. If you look at Nova's conference play, they did fine against the bigger teams like Uconn, Pitt, and Cuse. Against the 'scrappier' teams they were a buzzer beater away from losing 2 of 3 to Marquette and got rolled by WVU. If Nova wins it'll just be because they're better, which they might be.

Duke looked slow and scared tonight against Nova.

Krzyzewski had no answers for Jay Wright.

I loved every minute of it.

So far, the BE has 3 teams (out of 4) in the Elite 8. The ACC is just as good, right Ratboy?

Seriously. I guess I was a little off on the matchups analysis. But Nova is also just better. They should've been up by more than they were at halftime. I think they win that game 9 of 10 times.

My God that conference is overrated.

To think how sick this BE run could be if Marquette didn't fart away their game.

Seriously. I guess I was a little off on the matchups analysis. But Nova is also just better. They should've been up by more than they were at halftime. I think they win that game 9 of 10 times.

My God that conference is overrated.

To think how sick this BE run could be if Marquette didn't fart away their game.

If Cuse & Ville win tonight they will have 5 of the 8 teams left. That is unreal. I have a feeling Cuse is going to lose tonight though. Ville should handle Arizona.

If Cuse & Ville win tonight they will have 5 of the 8 teams left. That is unreal. I have a feeling Cuse is going to lose tonight though. Ville should handle Arizona.

Good night last night with UConn covering easily and the Nova money line. Love Louisville minus the points tonight and Kansas on the ML over Michigan State, think they'll win outright. They are the backend of my ML parlay with Nova too so I that would be real nice. As Orange said, Villanova is and was just better than Duke last night. The Cats got into the paint at will, and that's exactly what they'll need to do against Pitt as well. Pitt hasn't really impressed me at all the past few games. They are just barely scratching out wins in the final 2-3 minutes each round. I almost took Missouri with the points last night against Memphis and I'm kicking myself this morning for not doing it. They looked very tough and the pressure they put on all game with their presses is going to give any team they play the rest of the way trouble. You need to have a good ball handling point guard to play well offensively against them, and as good of a scorer Tyreke Evans is, he isn't that type of player. UConn should have more success with the senior AJ Price running the point against that press, but who knows at this point.

Good night last night with UConn covering easily and the Nova money line. Love Louisville minus the points tonight and Kansas on the ML over Michigan State, think they'll win outright. They are the backend of my ML parlay with Nova too so I that would be real nice. As Orange said, Villanova is and was just better than Duke last night. The Cats got into the paint at will, and that's exactly what they'll need to do against Pitt as well. Pitt hasn't really impressed me at all the past few games. They are just barely scratching out wins in the final 2-3 minutes each round. I almost took Missouri with the points last night against Memphis and I'm kicking myself this morning for not doing it. They looked very tough and the pressure they put on all game with their presses is going to give any team they play the rest of the way trouble. You need to have a good ball handling point guard to play well offensively against them, and as good of a scorer Tyreke Evans is, he isn't that type of player. UConn should have more success with the senior AJ Price running the point against that press, but who knows at this point.

Good night last night also, only loss was Duke, & once again 1st 5-8 minutes of the game I knew I was screwed. You called it, Villanova was just too quick for Duke. I should of known better, biggest mismatch of last nights games. Villanova is going to give Pitt all they could handle, that should be a pickem. Not sure which way I will go on that one. Pitt does not win pretty or impressive, but it always seems like they have the chops to pull it out.

Hammered Uconn last night, thought that was the easiest play of the night. Had Xavier +7 & had the under on that, had Missouri & the over also. I also played Columbus over Calagary in the NHL last night. I never bet hockey but Clagary was on it's 3rd game in 4 nights. Moneyline was -130. Both teams are pretty even with Calagary probably a little better. Cbus won 5-0. Should of put a grand on it. LOL.

Tonight I like UNC & I also like the over. I read today that the Zags are going to try to run with the Heels. Big mistake imo. I could see UNC putting up hundo spot tonight. Like Oklahoma, but as I stated earlier my vision maybe clouded on that one. I like the vill/arizona game to go over & for some reason I like Arizona. I know zona has underachieved all year but I can not get past the fact that they probably have the best three players on the court in Hill, Buddinger & Wise. I will take the +9. if they could keep the turnovers to minimum(which is a big if) they are going to beat them outright. This is not your normal 12 seed. I am leaning towards Michigan St, but not crazy on either side. may just play the under. Izzo is going to want to really grind this game out.

Good night last night also, only loss was Duke, & once again 1st 5-8 minutes of the game I knew I was screwed. You called it, Villanova was just too quick for Duke. I should of known better, biggest mismatch of last nights games. Villanova is going to give Pitt all they could handle, that should be a pickem. Not sure which way I will go on that one. Pitt does not win pretty or impressive, but it always seems like they have the chops to pull it out.

Hammered Uconn last night, thought that was the easiest play of the night. Had Xavier +7 & had the under on that, had Missouri & the over also. I also played Columbus over Calagary in the NHL last night. I never bet hockey but Clagary was on it's 3rd game in 4 nights. Moneyline was -130. Both teams are pretty even with Calagary probably a little better. Cbus won 5-0. Should of put a grand on it. LOL.

Tonight I like UNC & I also like the over. I read today that the Zags are going to try to run with the Heels. Big mistake imo. I could see UNC putting up hundo spot tonight. Like Oklahoma, but as I stated earlier my vision maybe clouded on that one. I like the vill/arizona game to go over & for some reason I like Arizona. I know zona has underachieved all year but I can not get past the fact that they probably have the best three players on the court in Hill, Buddinger & Wise. I will take the +9. if they could keep the turnovers to minimum(which is a big if) they are going to beat them outright. This is not your normal 12 seed. I am leaning towards Michigan St, but not crazy on either side. may just play the under. Izzo is going to want to really grind this game out.

Nice night for you too! I used to play a lot of hockey over/unders but I haven't been playing them as much lately with all of this NCAA action going on. Well we're usually pretty similar with our plays, but it doesn't seem that way tonight, although I do like both Carolina and the Over in that game. As far as Zona-Louisville, I just don't know if Arizona is going to be able to score points like they have been against the length and athleticism Louisville poses defensively. I think a combination of Samuels (who has really been playing well late in his freshman year), Terrence Williams, and Clark will contain both Budinger and Jordan Hill inside pretty well. In fact, of the three AZ guys you mentioned, Wise might create the most problems for Louisville because he will be the best guard on the floor tonight. If he can penetrate effectively and make shots, they could keep it close into the second half. That being said, I just don't think Arizona will have any answer in the end for Louisville's wingmen and the depth they have off the bench, something Arizona lacks. I think the Kansas-Michigan St. game is going to be a good one, but I like KU because Aldrich has been putting up near-Blake Griffin type numbers down the stretch, Sherron Collins will control the game and is the best player on either side, and Tyshawn Taylor has began contributing nicely offensively.