If Cleveland State beats Butler tonight...

buckeyemike

Early line on Utah St is +5. I like them too. Game is in Boise like you said, should give them some kind of home court advantage. Keep me posted if anything sticks out to you.

Here are some of my early leans - I'll explain more about any of them if you want.

Memphis -15 (This will rise)

Western Kentucky +4 1/2

Villanova -17 1/2

Arizona PK

Portland State +11 1/2

Cleveland State +8

Florida State -3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some of my early leans - I'll explain more about any of them if you want.

Western Kentucky +4 1/2

Villanova -17 1/2

Arizona PK

Portland State +11 1/2

Cleveland State +8

Florida State -3

I love Memphis. I once in awhile bet that league(Big West) & from watching it once in awhile I could tell you first hand that the league really stinks.

Like WKU due to the fact that Illini PG is probably not going to play. I also think the big 10 outside of Mich St, Purdue & maybe Ohio St stinks.

Do not know much about American. Got to like Villanova playing for all intents & purposes is a home game.

Like Arizona. This team has sweet 16 talent. They need to get their sh*t together. Not crazy about Utah.

Like Portland St as outlined before.

Clev St WF - I am not sure. Cleve St is good however WF is one of those teams that could run an inferior team right out of the arena.

Love FL St. That is my pick of the 1st round.

I love Memphis. I once in awhile bet that league(Big West) & from watching it once in awhile I could tell you first hand that the league really stinks.

Like WKU due to the fact that Illini PG is probably not going to play. I also think the big 10 outside of Mich St, Purdue & maybe Ohio St stinks.

Do not know much about American. Got to like Villanova playing for all intents & purposes is a home game.

Like Arizona. This team has sweet 16 talent. They need to get their sh*t together. Not crazy about Utah.

Like Portland St as outlined before.

Clev St WF - I am not sure. Cleve St is good however WF is one of those teams that could run an inferior team right out of the arena.

Love FL St. That is my pick of the 1st round.

Florida State is going to be a big one for me too. They are WAY too athletic for Wisconsin to handle. The Badgers don't have an NCAA tourney worthy team this year, and they are lucky they aren't tipping off in the NIT instead. That is my one concern about the Cleveland State game. If Cleveland State plays their game and Wake doesn't suddenly wake up and resemble the team they were earlier in the season, I like Cleve State to win out right. But, like you said, Wake has a ton of raw talent and they could easily win by double digits. That's why I think I'm going to make it a smaller play, but on the money line with Cleveland State. I think they can win outright, and if they do it is obviously a much better return anyways.

Villanova is an interesting team. By playing in Philly, they basically are guaranteed to at least get to the sweet 16 imo. if they get that far(& they should) they will probably meet Duke or maybe Texas. Texas smacked them around pretty good earlier this year. Duke, if they are not hitting there threes they could be beat, although I think Duke would matchup failry well with a smaller Villanova team. They already have proven this year that they can beat Pitt. I guess what Iam trying to say is that they have as good as chance as anybody coming out of that region.

I got louisville, memphis also. I got Oklahoma coming out of the south but that is more my heart picking(you may recall I have a futures bet with them winning it all). I honestly could see them getting beat in the 2nd round by Clemson. If Lawson is ready to go, Carolina is going to be awfully tough to beat. SU may give them a decent game.

I don't know man - 'Nova is a lock for the S16 but Duke can lose to a Texas team that hasn't done anything away from home in Greensboro? I would say 'Nova has a better chance to lose to UCLA because I've been to Wachovia and it's a weak homecourt; plus UCLA is a veteran team. I have heard them crying about having to fly east though, so that's probably not a good sign.

Biggest 1st round upset I have penciled in right now is Wiscy over FSU - and I love that it's the least popular 12 over 5 pick.

I don't know man - 'Nova is a lock for the S16 but Duke can lose to a Texas team that hasn't done anything away from home in Greensboro? I would say 'Nova has a better chance to lose to UCLA because I've been to Wachovia and it's a weak homecourt; plus UCLA is a veteran team. I have heard them crying about having to fly east though, so that's probably not a good sign.

Biggest 1st round upset I have penciled in right now is Wiscy over FSU - and I love that it's the least popular 12 over 5 pick.

From what I have heard, & I have just heard, never experienced it, so it may not be true, but I have heard that in the past when both Duke & Carolina were both bracketed in the Greensboro Pod that the crowds tend to be anti duke because there are so many Carolina fans in attendance.

Western Kentucky +4 1/2

Villanova -17 1/2

Arizona PK

Portland State +11 1/2

Cleveland State +8

Florida State -3

Happy tournament day to you. Took the next 2 days off so probably will not be on this board as much as I usually am at work. Hanging out with the little guy today & then tomorrow I got about 10 of my friends coming over.

Anyways, back to business. I think I am going in the early games, LSU -2 over Butler, Tenn Chat/Uconn under 144.5, Memphis -20. I also like Northern Iowa +8, wah/miss st under 148.5, Texas -4 over purdue, Cal -2 over maryland. Not sure about the BYU/A&M game. I got it at -3 right now. A&M is more athletic but I have seen quite a bit of them this year, they are sloppy a times. What are your thoughts?

I have watched many CSU games over the last 25 years. But, with this huge, decisive win over Wake Forest...well, words fail me right now. Cinderella has returned. GO VIKINGS!!

Great win! Congrats! Are you a CSU alum? Both of my in-laws went there (though I doubt they even know that there is a b-ball tournament going on now and that CSU is in it :thumbsup: )

I had sort of thought CSU's win over Syracuse was a fluke; apparently not.

Great win! Congrats! Are you a CSU alum? Both of my in-laws went there (though I doubt they even know that there is a b-ball tournament going on now and that CSU is in it :worthy: )

I had sort of thought CSU's win over Syracuse was a fluke; apparently not.

I went to law school at Cleveland State (Juris Doctor, class of 1994). I was a student there when the Wolstein Center, CSU's home arena, opened.

I couldn't really expound on how I felt in my prior post because a) It was 4:30 in the morning and I couldn't sleep, and b) I posted from my Sprint Instinct, which only allows 200 characters.

But I will do it here. :w00t::w00t::beer::):D:devil:0:)

One thing I do want to note: since Cleveland State and Ohio State played at the same time last night, the CSU game was on another station here that's affiliated with Cleveland's CBS station. So, both games were on. Unfortunately, since the CSU-WF game wasn't close down the stretch, the feed was switched to another, closer game sometime around midnight.

That wasn't the station's fault, that was the decision at CBS. But no one here got to watch the celebration unless they were watching it online. :thumbsup: But really, that's a minor quibble.

And BTW, like I said with Indiana, I never want CSU to play Wake Forest again. That way, we'll always be 1-0 against them.

Cleveland State plays Arizona tomorrow. GO VIKINGS!!

Goooo Vikings (and assistant coach Jayson Gee, a great guy and a class act when he was here at St. Bonaventure). Great win!

Jayson Gee's on the front page of this morning's Plain Dealer, front and center, on the bench, celebrating. Unfortunately, I can't pull up the pic on cleveland.com.

Happy tournament day to you. Took the next 2 days off so probably will not be on this board as much as I usually am at work. Hanging out with the little guy today & then tomorrow I got about 10 of my friends coming over.

Anyways, back to business. I think I am going in the early games, LSU -2 over Butler, Tenn Chat/Uconn under 144.5, Memphis -20. I also like Northern Iowa +8, wah/miss st under 148.5, Texas -4 over purdue, Cal -2 over maryland. Not sure about the BYU/A&M game. I got it at -3 right now. A&M is more athletic but I have seen quite a bit of them this year, they are sloppy a times. What are your thoughts?

Sorry I'm just getting back on here, got into a bad car accident at 11 am on Thursday on my day off for the tournament start. Worst luck ever. Only got bets in on the late games that day, but that Cleveland State money line was beautiful, but FSU put a little dent in it. Choke artists that they are, they should have cruised to a win. That's betting though. I'm playing Memphis -9 pretty big today I think after just cashing the Nova game. I'm also leaning towards Oklahoma -6 1/2 and Western KY +11 1/2.

Sorry I'm just getting back on here, got into a bad car accident at 11 am on Thursday on my day off for the tournament start. Worst luck ever. Only got bets in on the late games that day, but that Cleveland State money line was beautiful, but FSU put a little dent in it. Choke artists that they are, they should have cruised to a win. That's betting though. I'm playing Memphis -9 pretty big today I think after just cashing the Nova game. I'm also leaning towards Oklahoma -6 1/2 and Western KY +11 1/2.

Are you ok? :blink:

I'm guessing so if you're still analyzing college hoops lines, but just thought I'd ask.

Are you ok? :censored:

I'm guessing so if you're still analyzing college hoops lines, but just thought I'd ask.

Yeah I am, thanks. Good guess with the college hoop lines haha. Just an injury to my lower back, which is much better than what my car ended up like. Hit n run too, luckily they found the guy. People these days... :blink:

Yeah I am, thanks. Good guess with the college hoop lines haha. Just an injury to my lower back, which is much better than what my car ended up like. Hit n run too, luckily they found the guy. People these days... :blink:

Marshawn?

Glad to hear you did OK.

BTW, you never should have picked FSU. Wisconsin was a bad matchup for them, IMO.

EDIT: I meant you "are OK".

Good to hear.

Nice call on WKY plus the points. I had them winning that game in my bracket so I'm pretty pissed about the refs missing that timeout!

Good to hear.

Nice call on WKY plus the points. I had them winning that game in my bracket so I'm pretty pissed about the refs missing that timeout!

Yeah I know, that was pretty bad. I almost got the back door on the Pitt game laying 9, that woulda been nice. Been a lot of great games these last two days though, wow.

Well, the Vikings gave it a run, but the Arizona Wildcats were just too strong for them.

Great year though. CSU will be back in the future. Gary Waters is building something good on Prospect Avenue. Go Vikes!

Yeah I am, thanks. Good guess with the college hoop lines haha. Just an injury to my lower back, which is much better than what my car ended up like. Hit n run too, luckily they found the guy. People these days... <_<

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your doing alright. Give you an update, cleaned the board on thursday. After going 5-3 in the early games went 9-0 in the night games. It was one of those wierd days where everything seem so clear. Had Michigan, VCU, under on the VCU/UCLA game, Wash, under on the wash game. Anyways wonm about $500 thursday. Friday & saturday was a different story. Lost $200 on friday & another $215 on saturday. Made some real dumb bets on saturday. Took Maryland over memphis & A&M over Uconn. Watching the first 5 minutes of both games, I knew they were both losers. I really liked 2 games that day. Should of pounded them & laid off the other picks. Loved Villanova over UCLA & WKY over the zags.

Sunday was a new day. Did pretty well but it could of been so much better. Had $50 on Syracuse, the over on the cuse game, Arizona, Kansas, over on the Pitt & the under on the wisky game. The only loser I had was Pitt- had them at 8.5, guy misses a the front end of double bonus. makes them boith & I win that. I also took wisconsin. I am up about $140 going into the afternoon games. I said screw it & I put $100 on Siena + 11.5 & Mich St -4. Win both those. My big play though was $200 on Marquette. Win that & I had an all around successfull weekend. You guessed it, had it at 3.5. Marquette should of won that game. All I need is the guy to do at the end was inbound the god dam pass without stepping over the fuggin line & I win that game. They fouled a 62% foul shooter & of course he sinks them both. I had a tough time sleeping last night over that one. I was trying to explain it to my wife the heartache of the end of that game, but my wife being kinda moody to start with being 7 months pregnant & seeing me basically go on a 4 day drinking bender doing nothing but watching 16 hours of college basketball for 4 straight days she really was not in the mood to offer up any kind of sympathy. Oh well.

We will try to hit them again this weekend. Really like Ville over Arizona, early line is -1 & it kills me to do this but I think I have to root for Oklahoma over my almamater SU for in my household money talks before your allegiences to sports teams.