If Cleveland State beats Butler tonight...

buckeyemike

Would be the first time since their magical run in 1986.

Just got an e-mail from the CSU Alumni department (and I count as an alumnus, since I went to law school there). $40 for a bus trip with game ticket in Indianapolis tonight. If I had gotten this earlier, I might have considered it. :blink:

The Vikings are 24-10. They made the NIT last year. They beat Florida State and Syracuse this year. We will see.

Also, for you UB Fans, here's the MAC tournament website. UB doesn't play until Thursday, and I hope it's Kent State.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrgh...we don't need more unexpected tourney teams. URI is going to have a tough enough time getting in at 22-9 pending the A-10 tourney. They'll probably need at least two wins; 24-10 is good, but they're missing marque wins.

Arrgh...we don't need more unexpected tourney teams. URI is going to have a tough enough time getting in at 22-9 pending the A-10 tourney. They'll probably need at least two wins; 24-10 is good, but they're missing marque wins.

URI better win the A-10 tourney. I do not think there is anyway they get in as an at large. Now take away another at large spot due to Cleve St win last night & the field just got tighter. I really do not even think Dayton is totally safe at this point. Should be an interesting weekend.

URI better win the A-10 tourney. I do not think there is anyway they get in as an at large. Now take away another at large spot due to Cleve St win last night & the field just got tighter. I really do not even think Dayton is totally safe at this point. Should be an interesting weekend.

I'm not optimistic. This would make 3 years running with 20+ wins and no bid. :thumbsup:

I'm not optimistic. This would make 3 years running with 20+ wins and no bid. :thumbsup:

Let the automatic bid debate begin.....I don't even know where I stand on it. It obviously makes the conference tournaments much more interesting, but it does suck seeing better teams from better conferences not get into the tournament just because some team from the Horizon League like Butler, who is already going to be in the field, lays an egg in a game that means very little to them and everything to a team like Cleveland St. Not to say Cleveland State isn't a good basketball team this year, because they are, but I can sympathize with the teams that know their tournament hopes took a HUGE hit last night.

To those of you who hate the Florida Gators:

Cleveland State winning last night may have knocked them out of the tourney.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Cleveland State fans like myself. :thumbsup:

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Cleveland State fans like myself. :w00t:

Although I don't know how I feel about the automatic big process, I sure as hell know how I feel about the Gators taking a big hit because of it :thumbsup: !!!!

Although I don't know how I feel about the automatic big process, I sure as hell know how I feel about the Gators taking a big hit because of it :thumbsup: !!!!

My guess is if one team got bumped out last night by CSU upset of Butler it was Creighton. Just a guess though. I think Florida & Kentucky for that matter are out unless they win the SEC Tourney.

BTW, anybody filling out their brackets next week do not underestimate this Cleveland State team. My guess is they are going to be an 11/12/13 seed & are going to give some 4/5/6 seed all they could handle in the 1st round

Would be the first time since their magical run in 1986.

Just got an e-mail from the CSU Alumni department (and I count as an alumnus, since I went to law school there). $40 for a bus trip with game ticket in Indianapolis tonight. If I had gotten this earlier, I might have considered it. :thumbsup:

The Vikings are 24-10. They made the NIT last year. They beat Florida State and Syracuse this year. We will see.

Also, for you UB Fans, here's the MAC tournament website. UB doesn't play until Thursday, and I hope it's Kent State.

You're a lawyer? What do you practice?

I'm a 1L. Always interested to hear people's experiences.

And go blue.

You're a lawyer? What do you practice?

General practice...mostly criminal, Social Security disability, probate, and juvenile law.

I'm a 1L. Always interested to hear people's experiences.

What the heck are you doing on here, then? Get back to work! :thumbsup:

And go blue.

:thumbsup: j/k :lol:

UPDATE: Right now, foxsports.com has Cleveland State projected to face UCLA in Boise on Friday. CSU would be a #13 seed.

My guess is if one team got bumped out last night by CSU upset of Butler it was Creighton. Just a guess though. I think Florida & Kentucky for that matter are out unless they win the SEC Tourney.

BTW, anybody filling out their brackets next week do not underestimate this Cleveland State team. My guess is they are going to be an 11/12/13 seed & are going to give some 4/5/6 seed all they could handle in the 1st round

You're right about that. Cleveland State is a very, very solid college basketball team. Which is why you cannot be upset with this automatic bid situation as you can with many others. I watched the whole game when they beat Cuse on that last second miracle, and trust me, the Orange should have been the one that need to throw up that last second shot, because Cleveland State outplayed them almost the entire game in the Carrier Dome IMO. Looking at potential 4-6 seeds, teams like UCLA, Illinois, and Cal, all of whom I think are overrated and have one and done potential in the tourney, better hope that they don't draw Cleveland St. If you want an even lesser-known team with first round upset potential of even a weak 3 seed: East Tennessee St. could be that team. They are a very experienced team with 2 seniors and a junior all AVERAGING over 15 points a game. If they can put together anywhere near 40 minutes of solid defensive play, look out.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Cleveland State fans like myself. :thumbsup:

I can drink to that any day of the year. :thumbsup:

And i can say its great to see FSU back in the dance, especially after taking it in the pooper from the selection committee in '04, '06, and '07.

You're right about that. Cleveland State is a very, very solid college basketball team. Which is why you cannot be upset with this automatic bid situation as you can with many others. I watched the whole game when they beat Cuse on that last second miracle, and trust me, the Orange should have been the one that need to throw up that last second shot, because Cleveland State outplayed them almost the entire game in the Carrier Dome IMO. Looking at potential 4-6 seeds, teams like UCLA, Illinois, and Cal, all of whom I think are overrated and have one and done potential in the tourney, better hope that they don't draw Cleveland St. If you want an even lesser-known team with first round upset potential of even a weak 3 seed: East Tennessee St. could be that team. They are a very experienced team with 2 seniors and a junior all AVERAGING over 15 points a game. If they can put together anywhere near 40 minutes of solid defensive play, look out.

Funny just went on CNNSI(really bored at work today) & the guy that writes the bubble news for the tourney basically said the same thing that the 3/4/5 seed that gets Cleveland St is going to have their hands full. He mentioned San Diego St as being the team bumped out. I never had them in unless they make a real deep run in the conference tourney.

Do not know too much about East Tenn ST. They are in the conference with Tenn Martin & Austin Pea right? I will definately keep that in mind next week when filling out the brackets & putting my bets in.

Funny just went on CNNSI(really bored at work today) & the guy that writes the bubble news for the tourney basically said the same thing that the 3/4/5 seed that gets Cleveland St is going to have their hands full. He mentioned San Diego St as being the team bumped out. I never had them in unless they make a real deep run in the conference tourney.

Do not know too much about East Tenn ST. They are in the conference with Tenn Martin & Austin Pea right? I will definately keep that in mind next week when filling out the brackets & putting my bets in.

Any outsider thoughts on the 'Noles? I know you following the gambling/betting circuit. I'd say right now we're a solid 5 seed, and with a good showing in the ACC tourney we could jump to a 4 or even a 3 (we'd probably need to get to the finals to get a 3). An early loss and i see us probably dropping down to a 6 seed. This team could make a tourney run. I'm hoping for them to make an appearance in the sweet 16.

No, Tenn Martin and Austin Peay are the Ohio Valley Conference teams that got upset by Morehead State. East Tennessee State is in the Atlantic Sun Conference.

No, East Tennessee St. is in the Atlantic Sun conference. Not historically the best college basketball conference, but has improved over the past couple of seasons, giving a good deal of teams from bigger conferences tough games often. For example, Belmont was the third best team in the conference and went on the road to Pitt and Tennessee and only lost by 14 (which really isn't bad @ Pitt) and 2 points respectively. The only thing that worries me about East Tenn St. is that they played a weak non-conference schedule. However, they will be a very hot team entering the NCAA, winners of their last 5 including their conference tournament by an average of over 20 points. Like always, it really depends on who they draw, but there is most definately some upset potential with this team.