Filmmaker Who Criticized Islamic Culture Murdered

pdh1

And as I recall, Muslims groups also had "death warrant" issued at the guy who wrote the book "the Satanic Verses' . Did writing a letter to a newspaper ever occur as option to them? Nah, just kill 'em.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -- A Dutch filmmaker who criticized Islamic culture has been murdered in Amsterdam.

Theo Van Gogh was fatally shot outside a city government office today. The shooter was arrested after exchanging gunfire with police.

Van Gogh's film "Submission" aired on Dutch television in August and enraged the Muslim community in the Netherlands. It told the fictional story of a Muslim woman forced into a violent marriage, raped by a relative and brutally punished for adultery.

The filmmaker had reportedly received death threats.

The place of Muslim immigrants in Dutch society has long been a source of tension in the Netherlands. Many right-wing politicians have pushed for tougher immigration laws and say Muslims already settled in the country must make a greater effort to adopt Dutch wa

And as I recall, Muslims groups also had "death warrant" issued at the guy who wrote the book "the Satanic Verses' . Did writing a letter to a newspaper ever occur as option to them? Nah, just kill 'em.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -- A Dutch filmmaker who criticized Islamic culture has been murdered in Amsterdam.

Theo Van Gogh was fatally shot outside a city government office today. The shooter was arrested after exchanging gunfire with police.

Van Gogh's film "Submission" aired on Dutch television in August and enraged the Muslim community in the Netherlands. It told the fictional story of a Muslim woman forced into a violent marriage, raped by a relative and brutally punished for adultery.

The filmmaker had reportedly received death threats.

The place of Muslim immigrants in Dutch society has long been a source of tension in the Netherlands. Many right-wing politicians have pushed for tougher immigration laws and say Muslims already settled in the country must make a greater effort to adopt Dutch wa

96649[/snapback]

Maybe wiuld could get them after Moore?

I know you say that in humor, but I wouldnt be suprised if someone nutty enough does try to kill Moore.

So you're denouncing the assassination of a filmmaker and promoting the assassination of a filmmaker? Nice sentiment, thanks.

96688[/snapback]

I was joking.

They were not.

Big Difference Jerky.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I disagree. Moore has little to fear. He and Bin-Laden are allies in the Kerry Campaign.

96708[/snapback]

Exactly...OBL is obviously a big fan of Moore's work...Indirect as it may be, it seems as if Moore has become OBL's speech writer...Great to see folks joining together in a common cause...

How dare you say anything bad about those poor, innocent Muslims. Don't you know Christians killed people during the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition?

:D

97033[/snapback]

Yeah, but that was because nobody expected a Spanish Inquisition.