Kerry loses WI vote

Fezmid

This is football (and humor) related! :lol:

Apparantly John Kerry was campaigning in WI this morning, and he put on a Packers jersey and said (with little emotion), "Go Packers." Now some Packers fans are upset at that display. One fan called a radio station and said, "A real Packers fan has a beer in one hand, a brat in the other, and cheers passionately for the Packers!" Lots of people seemed mad that he was trying to garner votes through the sports team.

I found this amsuing at first, but then thought, "What if Kerry was a Patriots fan since he's from Boston? What would I think if he put on a Bills jersey for the sole purpose of trying to get votes?" Still funny, but kinda lame on his part IMHO.

Anyway, just trying to put up a good football/politics post on election day :lol:

CW

if anyone bases their vote on which team the candidates like or say they like or wear jersey's or any sports related issue... that is SAD and that person shouldn't be voting anyway.

96644[/snapback]

EXACTLY!

if anyone bases their vote on which team the candidates like or say they like or wear jersey's or any sports related issue... that is SAD and that person shouldn't be voting anyway.

96644[/snapback]

Just as sad is the candidate that panders to the sports fan. A desperate grasp at votes.

Even more depressing are the voters that WILL base their judgment on such a thing as to what team the candidate likes.

96667[/snapback]

Is it any different than people saying, "Bush talks with a southern drawl so he sounds stupid and I'm not voting for him?"

I didn't want this thread to become political though; I just thought that it was kinda funny (but annoying that Kerry would attempt it).

CW

Even more depressing are the voters that WILL base their judgment on such a thing as to what team the candidate likes.

96667[/snapback]

Like people basing their vote on a rock star's political beliefs.

While I agree with you, I think this goes to speak great volumes about kerry. He will say ANYTHING to win. He will be a packer fan today in WI, a redsox fan tomorrow, he will go hunting for ducks, he will hunt deer on his hands and knees. He is a gun owner, he tries to be everything to everyone instead of who he is. Just be John Kerry and maybe people will vote for you.

Just as sad is the candidate that panders to the sports fan. A desperate grasp at votes.

96662[/snapback]

bull crap. EVERY candidate panders to as many different groups as possible. none are any different. every vote is a critical vote. it's not "sad" -- it's part of the process.

besides, has anyone considered that kerry was doing this as a joke since it was the packers who beat the redskins (a historical "omen" that the challenger will win the election)?

A lot of his supporters are "Packers" if you know what I mean.

----------------------

I'm sure you know what you mean seeing you are willing to get crammed in the rear by the Bush idiocy.

It's well know that he appeals to the dolts in America.