Well fellas - laid off - AGAIN

All - thanks for the well-wishes. It has been an interesting couple of days. I had a face-to-face interview, a phone screen and got a call from a recruiter that said one of their clients wants to meet with me on Wednesday. Yesterday I applied for a job and after-the-fact realized that a friend of friend is a decision maker. Things are happening fast. I'm happy but worried I will make a hasty decision.

I met with a guy today - he is an owner of a business and he really wants me to work for him. Absolutely no investment. I would take on the work that he has already built - a solid 30 hours per week then spend the rest of my time marketing his business. We talked contract, etc. He really wants it to work. I love the business model, flexibiity, etc - its just that the money would be tight. I'm conflicted because I'm sick of corporate america, but the small business thing scares me. He told me to think about it through the weekend and get up with him on Monday.

It's going to be a pensive few days!!!

Ummmm, don't be picky. Take the job and if you need to, look for another one while you have one. Nothing wrong with that. Best time to look for a job, is when you have one. At least you'll be making some money until everything bounces back.....which it will.

Good Luck, hope it works out OK for you! By the way, you aren't the guy I passed on 288 yesterday with the Sabres border around his license plate and Bills helmet next to it are you? lol

Ummmm, don't be picky. Take the job and if you need to, look for another one while you have one. Nothing wrong with that. Best time to look for a job, is when you have one. At least you'll be making some money until everything bounces back.....which it will.

Good Luck, hope it works out OK for you! By the way, you aren't the guy I passed on 288 yesterday with the Sabres border around his license plate and Bills helmet next to it are you? lol

I'm def not being picky. I would have a real moral issue of having this guy take away from his margin that would go to his family to pay me - all the while looking for a job. I would love to make it work for him - and of course me. I have some soul searching and number crunching to do.

That isn't me. I do have a sabres sticker on my back window - no bills representation

I'm def not being picky. I would have a real moral issue of having this guy take away from his margin that would go to his family to pay me - all the while looking for a job. I would love to make it work for him - and of course me. I have some soul searching and number crunching to do.

That isn't me. I do have a sabres sticker on my back window - no bills representation

A small business that is run properly and has the right people can be a gold mine. Just like with major corporations, leadership is crucial, but so are good people, maybe he needs you as much as you need him.