Kyle Williams speaks very highly of Demetrius Bell

Fingon

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=125661

It's second hand info, but i really like what i'm reading.

from the BB.com message board post (recap of what Kyle said)

Finally talked glowingly about D.Bell. Said D.Bell is one of the toughest guys to go against in practice, and is a freak with really long arms and crazy strength...He just got better and better and I expect us to work him in, perhaps guard...see how OTA's go.

I heard that interview, and he did talk highly of him, but he mentioned him as more of a project to become a guard. Thought he'll be a good one in the future, since he's only been in the league a couple years. Don't think he was nearly as "he'll be a starter very soon" as the poster in the original post made it out to be.

That would be great if Bell could come right in and start but I'm not sure if I trust Williams' judgment. My guess is, he has a tough time with most offensive lineman :blink:

Williams is a very solid player and would be a member of any team's defensive line rotation. He's not a starter but is a very important guy.

That said, i'm really rooting for Bell to become a player in this league. Good FU to the Mailman.

Williams is a very solid player and would be a member of any team's defensive line rotation. He's not a starter but is a very important guy.

That said, i'm really rooting for Bell to become a player in this league. Good FU to the Mailman.

I think Williams should be filed under the average starter category. He can start, but he's nothing special. He has shown steady improvement though.

If the Bills make the SB while he's here or he makes the Pro-Bowl the Mailman is gonna is gonna get some bad news from the national media.

I think Bell has some potential. Whether he's ready to start at LG or not is up in the air. We should get a pretty good look in OTAs and in the preseason. If the Bills think he is ready to play, that might be the reason they are waiting so long to bring in an FA to fill the gap in the line. That being said, I don't see Kirk Chambers as the answer at Guard, and he is more of a backup tackle than anything else. I see Bell being on the sheet as the backup at LG, after we either bring someone in or pick up a second or third rounder in the draft. Just can't see us taking a G in the first round with all the help needed on the D-Line.

I think Bell has some potential. Whether he's ready to start at LG or not is up in the air. We should get a pretty good look in OTAs and in the preseason. If the Bills think he is ready to play, that might be the reason they are waiting so long to bring in an FA to fill the gap in the line. That being said, I don't see Kirk Chambers as the answer at Guard, and he is more of a backup tackle than anything else. I see Bell being on the sheet as the backup at LG, after we either bring someone in or pick up a second or third rounder in the draft. Just can't see us taking a G in the first round with all the help needed on the D-Line.

I don't think there are even any G prospects worth taking at 11.

Personally, I think they should take the best o lineman period. There's no reason in a draft this deep with centers and tackles, we can't find a player who could be switched to guard.

I'd like a DE in rounds 1 or 2... but it definitely HAS to be an interior lineman if we pick an early one. We are pretty stacked at tackle.