Bills may just offer 1 year contracts to June or Keiaho

Magox

The Bills may be wanting to offer Keiaho or June one year contracts as well. What if the Bills have another disappointing season? What will that mean for Jauron?

Probably won't be here is my guess. If that is the case, there is a good chance that the new coach will want to change the tampa 2 into his own scheme that he believes in.

If that is the case you gotta believe that Bills FO is thinking the same thing, and they may be hesitant to offer a contract beyond a year or two.

Are you just assuming this based on the other thread regarding the one year offer made to Peterson?

It definitely got me thinking thats for sure. It does make sense. This is why June and Keiaho were cut. They didn't fit their new regime's vision.

It definitely got me thinking thats for sure. It does make sense. This is why June and Keiaho were cut. They didn't fit their new regime's vision.

Keiaho issues seem to be injuries as he has yet to play in a full season in three NFL seasons. Also let's remember Dungy is no longer the HC in Indy so maybe their moving away from the Tampa Bay Cover 2 defense. In terms of June, I wonder why the Bucs let him go but it could they were trying to get some room under the cap to make room for Winslow. Either way I'd sign June to a two year deal to at least give us some competition for Ellison or if he's not starting favor using June on pass coverage on 3rd down then Poz and/or Mitchell.

What other options do either of these guys have?

Other teams that run the Tampa 2 and need LBs. I'm not sure there are a whole lot of them, but teams are always looking to add veteran depth on the cheap. Buffalo would be smart to add one or both of these two guys to the team before the draft. We need depth and players who understand the scheme. We can't add guys assuming that the coaching staff is going to change. That sends the wrong message to the players, as well as the coaches.

The more I look into it, the more I like Cato June. He's made the Pro Bowl and started on a SB-winning team, at a position of need for the Bills: WLB. He was out of position with Tampa playing SLB. Get 'er done, Russ! Then get a LG!

Should we dump the tampa 2?

Not at this point, no. We've got all the personnel to do it, minus the DE's. It only works if you have a pass rush, though. Tampa had Simeon Rice off the edge and Warren Sapp in the middle. Indy had/has Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis off the ends. We have...Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay.

It would take a serious overhaul to change it up. We could go from the Tampa 2 to a variation on the base 4-3 with enough preparation, but we can't switch to a 3-4 without replacing the entire front 7, more or less (although I actually think Ryan Denney would make a good 3-4 DE).