Stealing Lincoln's Body

Did anybody see this?

I had it recorded and finally watched it this weekend, one of the best documentaries I've ever watched, had no idea his body went through all of that. Was also interesting that 30 years after his death before they buried him in concrete finally, the workers opened the coffin for one last look to confirm he was in there.

Very cool/weird to see them create a walking Lincoln using photographs, and cool that they were able to bring some photos to life doing the same.

Didn't realize Lincoln's funeral train stopped in Buffalo:

http://www.buffaloah.com/h/linc/linc.html

Did anybody see this?

I had it recorded and finally watched it this weekend, one of the best documentaries I've ever watched, had no idea his body went through all of that. Was also interesting that 30 years after his death before they buried him in concrete finally, the workers opened the coffin for one last look to confirm he was in there.

Very cool/weird to see them create a walking Lincoln using photographs, and cool that they were able to bring some photos to life doing the same.

Didn't realize Lincoln's funeral train stopped in Buffalo:

http://www.buffaloah.com/h/linc/linc.html

I was raving about this amongst my friends last week. VERY cool special--lots of cool fun facts.

I really liked the part when they talked about the cacaphony (spelling?) in DC during the initial procession. I thought the story, in general, would make for an EXCELLENT film, but that the cacaphony scene alone, would be a treat for any sound designer!

I really liked the part when they talked about the cacaphony (spelling?) in DC during the initial procession. I thought the story, in general, would make for an EXCELLENT film, but that the cacaphony scene alone, would be a treat for any sound designer!

Remind me what that was?

Remind me what that was?

They talked about the initial funeral procession from the White House to..where ever...was lined with people going ape sh-t while a several hundred piece military band played Hail to the Chief, each in a different key and at a different tempo, while the soldiers in charge of the cannon salute just started firing at will. Auditory chaos, basically.