Programming note: Brad Riter on Sunday Sports Final

Lori

If any of you Buffalo-area folks are interested, I have it on good authority that Brad will be talking T.O. on Channel 7's Sunday-night sports show. There's also been a report that a certain ESPN.com writer will also join the conversation, but I haven't been able to confirm that ...

If any of you Buffalo-area folks are interested, I have it on good authority that Brad will be talking T.O. on Channel 7's Sunday-night sports show. There's also been a report that a certain ESPN.com writer will also join the conversation, but I haven't been able to confirm that ...

anyone have an update for us out-of-towners?

Brad loves the idea. His first comment of the night: He wasn't going to renew his season tickets. Now he is. And a lot of his friends are telling him the same thing. He's heard from a few, but VERY few, people opposed to the deal -- at least 90 percent in favor.

He's with the group here that doesn't see a downside to the signing, and actually used the "What's the worst that could happen, we miss the playoffs again?" Shawn Stepner did quickly bring up the off-the-field issues, but both he and Jeff Russo also seemed to be in the "this makes the Bills better" camp.

As for Tim, his bit was a prerecorded phone interview with Russo, saying pretty much the same things he's been saying here. The move surprised him, if only because it's not how the Bills normally operate, but the addition of Owens could go a long way toward opening up the offense.

I DVRed it, but I have to grab some sleep. If anyone needs more details, I can probably get back to it after work tomorrow ...