Breaking Bad

Buftex

Did it originally air on showtime? Why do they say "f-ck" if they're going to mute it out?

Pretty interesting start to season 2 :thumbsup:

This show is so grim...but so compelling. This season premier seemed more like a season finale!

Did it originally air on showtime? Why do they say "f-ck" if they're going to mute it out?

Pretty interesting start to season 2 :blink:

Maybe you are thinking of "Weeds" on Showtime? On the surface, it has a very similar theme, but the shows couldn't be more different. I like "Weeds" (though I don't think it is as brilliant as it thinks it is sometimes), but "Breaking Bad" just resonates.

From what I understand, the show was originally given the greenlight, by F/X. F/X loved the show, but was having difficulty selling commercial time during the show. So, they passed it on to AMC. AMC wanted to get another high quality show to support "Mad Men".

As for the swearing stuff, I don't think AMC expects huge ratings for the show, but they are banking that word of mouth reviews will help sell it in rental and DVD's. You couldn't very well have a show like this being too sanitary, it wouldn't be credible.

Cranston was great in the premiere. James Gandolfini was as nuanced as they come in "The Sopranos", but I don't know that I have ever seen an actor do so much with so little dialouge, as Cranston does in "Breaking Bad".

Cranston was great in the premiere. James Gandolfini was as nuanced as they come in "The Sopranos", but I don't know that I have ever seen an actor do so much with so little dialouge, as Cranston does in "Breaking Bad".

Damn, I missed the premiere the other night. :blink:

You're right about Bryan Cranston, though. He was terrific as the harried father on "Malcolm in the Middle" (three Emmy nominations), and he's even better in "Breaking Bad".

He just might be the best TV actor we have right now.

EDIT: The episode is available at AMC's website.

Another fine episode this week...almost think it is better to watch them on DVD, so you don't have to wait a week to find out what happens next...looks like Walts plile of sh-- just keeps getting bigger..."chili powder"!