GREAT article on TO in Buffalo

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Great read on what TO will do for us on the field.

Highlights:

-Defenses can only roll coverage to one of the WRs, and both are capable of winning one on one match-ups

-We now have someone who can go over the middle and make the tough catch, giving Trent a big-time middle target.

-Owens scores touchdowns.

-Less eight-in-the-box for Lynch/Jackson. More big runs/gains.

-Expect Lynch's rush average of 4.1 to jump to 4.5 or higher!

This is what I've been waiting for. Something to get excited about, I'm pumped and can't wait to see Owens and the rest of the Bills offense get on the field.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Great read on what TO will do for us on the field.

Highlights:

-Defenses can only roll coverage to one of the WRs, and both are capable of winning one on one match-ups

-We now have someone who can go over the middle and make the tough catch, giving Trent a big-time middle target.

-Owens scores touchdowns.

-Less eight-in-the-box for Lynch/Jackson. More big runs/gains.

-Expect Lynch's rush average of 4.1 to jump to 4.5 or higher!

This is what I've been waiting for. Something to get excited about, I'm pumped and can't wait to see Owens and the rest of the Bills offense get on the field.

Its all on Trents shoulders now...the weapons are there, time to put it all together...both him and DJ are equally on the hot seat...neither will be here next year if Trent struggles...

The good news is that TO will compliment Trents passing style very well and he is excellent at making plays after the catch...TO could be the piece that takes Trent to the next level, much like he made life easier for Romo...

thanks i enjoyed reading it and agreed with every aspect of that article.

No problem, I thought it was a great piece.

This is the season that we see if Trent is the guy!!

He needs to make significant progress and the Bills FO is doing everything they can to surround him with weapons and give him every opportunity to succeed. They still need a tight end, though.

No problem, I thought it was a great piece.

He needs to make significant progress and the Bills FO is doing everything they can to surround him with weapons and give him every opportunity to succeed. They still need a tight end, though.

Draft will fill TE, LB, G/C, DE

While TO is going to get his share of over the middle stuff I really want to see us draft a qualityh Tight End as well.

The thing is.....I really expect this TO thing to be a one year deal.......hopefully I am wrong and he can find his "happy place" in Buffalo but

The need for a over the middle TE target is two fold.......because this caters to Edwards strengths and it allows us to bring along a draft pick without him being the focal point of the offense this year but knowing he will be the following year.

Its all on Trents shoulders now...the weapons are there, time to put it all together...both him and DJ are equally on the hot seat...neither will be here next year if Trent struggles...

The good news is that TO will compliment Trents passing style very well and he is excellent at making plays after the catch...TO could be the piece that takes Trent to the next level, much like he made life easier for Romo...

I do think the OL needs to come together as a unit. We have 2 new starters on that line. I hope we can provide a veteran presence on the LG spot and give Peters a new contract. If we can get a TE in Rd 2 after a DE in Rd 1, this team could go places assuming Trent and Turk don't stink up the joint.

That is the riddle of Terrell Owens, and how he fits with the Bills. You are right, he did help Romo, to a degree. He boosted Romo's confidence early on. As Romo got more comfortable, and started looking for other open guys (ie: Jason Whitten), Owens became a distraction to Romo.

Lets' put it this way, Owens can handle playing second fiddle, if his team wins. When they don't win (say the team is trying to get back into a game late in the fourth, and TO is not the "go to guy" on a play that fails) all of the sudden, he becomes a coach, and gets in the QB's face. Romo wasn't strong enough to handle the distraction, and started to turn the ball over at an alarming rate. He wasn't worried so much about Wade, or Jason Garrett getting in his face, but was always looking over his shoulder, to see how mad Owens was getting. That is why Owens unraveling, with every team he has ever played with in the NFL, has come down to: not with his relationship with his coaches, GM or owner. It has come down to him and his QB. Maybe he has learned his lesson, or maybe Trent's intelligence will give him and edge that Garcia, McNabb, Bledsoe and Romo never had, in dealing with Owens. Lets' hope so....

While TO is going to get his share of over the middle stuff I really want to see us draft a qualityh Tight End as well.

The thing is.....I really expect this TO thing to be a one year deal.......hopefully I am wrong and he can find his "happy place" in Buffalo but

The need for a over the middle TE target is two fold.......because this caters to Edwards strengths and it allows us to bring along a draft pick without him being the focal point of the offense this year but knowing he will be the following year.

No arguement here. They need to come away from the draft with a pass catching tight end.

Provided Trent can stay upright long enough to deliver the football!!

However, this is exactly why the addition of TO is so potent. Brooks is right on target in seeing that the import of having the two out there is that both WRs routinely require a dt to shut them down, With Evans opponents have held him down by running over and under coverage with a good cover guy sticking on him as best he can to reduce Evans as a short threat and a fast guy on the over coverage who is there to stop Evans from simply outrunning the cover guy on fly pattern and to close quickly on Evans making a catch underneath.

TO also commands a similar dt with the cover guy hanging close to try to suppress TO doing a crossing pattern and the over dt closing quickly to reduce his RAC numbers.

Opposing DCs will be forced to either try to cover one of the these players one-on-one (this is the true Trent challenge because if he can read the D to figure out which one has the man coverage and the routes called either simply exploit the one-on-one or TE and the WR make the same read and adjustments the result is likely a TD.

This is why I view this addition as not simply giving us the freedom to trade Parrish for a quality guard, but in fact keep Parrish as now the opposing DC not only must make a tough decision about which side to roll the coverage towards or to somehow dt both Evans and TO, but in a 3 WR set, he is in essence forced to man up against the fleet footed Parrish.

These three players simply force the opposing D into a zone coverage and Edwards gets an even easier read as to which of these three players are not going to have immediate press coverage and if so he gets it to that guy quick and it is off to the RAC races.

The question is whether this pass-happy O does not give Lynch enough chances or leaves Edwards to the sack threat.

On the face of it I would say the answer is no as in a 3 WR set, the D basically needs to commit 5 players to doing zone coverage or dting both Evans and TO and still covering Parrish.

This leaves 6 defenders working against 5 OL players and the TE. Lynch who is almost never brought down by the first tackler will have a field day and Edwards will never get rushed by an unchecked rusher and his feet and quick release will become even greater weapons.

The simple fact is that it is an incredible rarity for a team to get a chance to add a WR who has gained 1000+ yards and at least 10 TDs in each of the last 3 seasons and add him to the scary freakish speed demonstrated by Evans and Parrish.

Edwards getting sacked is among the least of my worries with the addition of a top quality WR to this unit.

It's on Turk's shoulders just as much.

It's on Turk's shoulders just as much.

I think I am one of the few here, who still thinks Schonert can be a good OC for the Bills. His temperment, from what I have observed, suggests that he won't have trouble working Owens into the game plan, and won't have a problem giving him a reality check every now and again, should things get rocky. Jauron, I am not so sure about....

TO made life easier for Romo?????

hahahahahahaha. you should read something other than "The Stadium Wall". There have been a few accounts that suggest otherwise.

So, by signing TO all "the weapons are there"?? That's all we needed, TO?