Committment to winning or selling tickets?

Magox

Do you think this move was purely a PR move or was it a committment to winning or both?

Or does it really even matter?

I think it was a little of everything

Good marketing, will help the team and like it's been said low risk high reward transaction.

Do you think this move was purely a PR move or was it a committment to winning or both?

Now we believe that one makes the other happen, especially in small-market cities. One signing (or two; still hoping for a TE) can ennervate the public, producing more season sales, more jersey sales, more optimistic predictions, more PR buzz, etc.... To sustain that, this team will have to win in a great division.

we upgraded talent with this move so you have to like it. how anyone could have a problem with this is beyond me.

It addresses both issues at once. A truely bold move in the face of the nations negative opinion on TO. I'm all for it. We haven't had a WR combo of this magnitude in a LOOOOOOOOng time. Kudo's to the FO for a change. Maybe we will stop hearing all this crap about not having a real GM.