LEE EVANS said hes the #1 WR(not TO)

On espn sporstcenter they had a discussion with Lee evans and one of the questions was who is the #1 receiver now that TO is on the tema and he said "id like to think im the #1 receiver... We should compliment each other"

Also asked if he and trent ever got into it and how Trent handled it to get and idea of hoe Trent will deal with TO Lee avoided any exmples and said Trent is a mild manner guy and he from whet hes hear 3rd hand is excited to have him.

How will these two coexist remains the question.

On espn sporstcenter they had a discussion with Lee evans and one of the questions was who is the #1 receiver now that TO is on the tema and he said "id like to think im the #1 receiver... We should compliment each other"

Also asked if he and trent ever got into it and how Trent handled it to get and idea of hoe Trent will deal with TO Lee avoided any exmples and said Trent is a mild manner guy and he from whet hes hear 3rd hand is excited to have him.

Evans getting 9.5 mil a year for four years and Owens getting 6.5 for one tells you that Evans will be #1. Besides, you don;t have to designate one player as #1 or #2, and there are several examples of the (alleged) #2 guy getting as many or more catches than the (alleged) #1 guy, like Welker and Boldin. Furthermore, the more either of them catches probably means the other guy catches more, too.

I love me some Lee but...

2008:

Evans = 3 touchdowns

Owens = 10 touchdowns

Didn't take long for the media to try and fan the flames of that bonfire! :thumbsup:

Sorry, Lee, but you're not the #1 receiver when a sure fire hall of famer comes into town that has produced more in this league than you could ever dream of. Lee is our deep threat, and nothing else. Owens will take care of the rest.

I don't care who the #1 is as long as they get open.

Now that's me.

I would hope that Lee Evans would allow T.O the role of the alpha male, knowing it will be best for the team and considering he will most likely be there for one year.

I don't care who the #1 is as long as they get open.

Now that's me.

I would hope that Lee Evans would allow T.O the role of the alpha male, knowing it will be best for the team and considering he will most likely be there for one year.

Me too, but I don't see why Lee has to "allow" anything. Yeah he's been the #1 here, but he's not as good as T.O., plain and simple. Its not embarrassing to not be as good as one of the greatest statistical receivers of all time, I don't know why he should have to "let" Owens have the main gig.

If Peyton Manning came to the Bills, should Trent have to "let" him be the number 1 guy?

With the attitude Owens brings, that he wants the ball and actually commands it, he will be getting the fair share of the opportunities. Lee doesn't have the personality to command anything.

Defenses decide who the number 1 and number 2 wide receivers are. If you're facing the Raiders and Nnamdi is defending a particular guy all game, he's your number 1 wide receiver.

I agree with this. Unless you play a bunch of 1 WR packages calling them the outside left and right receiver makes as much sense as #1 and #2.

Interestingly, we had Greer covering Owens most of that Monday Night Game. And I'm of the opinion McGee is definitely our #1 CB. At very least, he is our left outside CB :thumbsup:

Sorry, Lee, but you're not the #1 receiver when a sure fire hall of famer comes into town that has produced more in this league than you could ever dream of. Lee is our deep threat, and nothing else. Owens will take care of the rest.

I thnk TO's mental games will keep him out of the Hall of Fame but his talents and efforts on the field dwarf EVans our so called #1 Receiver...Evans isnt even close to Terrel as far as talent goes....If Trent doesnt throw the ball to TO 65 % of the time he should be Kaned....

Me too, but I don't see why Lee has to "allow" anything. Yeah he's been the #1 here, but he's not as good as T.O., plain and simple. Its not embarrassing to not be as good as one of the greatest statistical receivers of all time, I don't know why he should have to "let" Owens have the main gig.

If Peyton Manning came to the Bills, should Trent have to "let" him be the number 1 guy?

With the attitude Owens brings, that he wants the ball and actually commands it, he will be getting the fair share of the opportunities. Lee doesn't have the personality to command anything.

your right and I agree and that is the approach that Lee should take in my view.

But you never know what sort of ego a player carries unless you really know him. Lee Evans seems like a good mild mannered person and I don't forsee any problems. But you never know what $9.5 Million a year can do to the dynamics of a person's ego, and to tell you the truth I was slightly surprised to hear him say that. If T.O heard that, you know T.O is thinking to himself, "Ya right! I'm now the #1 on the team" .

I say that because logic tells me through past experiences of knowing what sort of player T.O is, that that would be his thinking.

Having said that, I don't forsee any problems. I believe the Bills FO and players are desperate for a fresh of breath air, and they want to embrace the feeling of some sort of revelance through out the league. I see this as being a very good move.

Name a place where TO was considered the 32 guy?

My comment is on the fact that Evans is already saying in interviews that he is the #1 guy. I'm sure that will go overwell with Ownes

First, I have no idea what the first sentence means.

Second, Owens is just excitable and possessed. He wants to win and he thinks he is the best person on the team to make that happen. And he aint scared to say it. Guess what? The top 50 WRs in the NFL think the exact same thing. 49 of them just don't say it much. I guarantee Evans thinks that way. And I guarantee that Owens has no problem with Evans getting the ball a lot if the team is scoring and winning and moving the ball. And I also guarantee Owens drives himself and a lot of other people crazy if Evans gets a lot of passes and we don't score or win or move the ball.

This situation is a little uniqe.....everywhere else TO has been he has been the unquestioned number 2 guy......

That is not the case here......just because Lee Evans is not the mouthy command the ball WR that TO is doesn't make him any less of a player.....

BUT

TO fills a specific role on this team that Lee cannot fill....he just isn't the tall physical guy that doest mean Lee isn't going to put up crazy number s

I thnk TO's mental games will keep him out of the Hall of Fame but his talents and efforts on the field dwarf EVans our so called #1 Receiver...Evans isnt even close to Terrel as far as talent goes....If Trent doesnt throw the ball to TO 65 % of the time he should be Kaned....

There is a zero percent chance that TO is kept out of the HOF. He is one of the best of all time.

Dude, do you hae spellcheck on your computer????/