A pure Russ Brandon PR marketing move.....

This signing has Russ Brandon written all over it. Why? The Bills image has taken a BIG hit over the past nine years. They were about to take a big hit in season ticket sales and they know it. Count me in as one of the people who believe DJ had no say in this one. Jauron is dead man walkin. I cannot wait until he starts pacing the sidelines tearing into Trent and Turk when things don't go well.

Jauron was dead man walking without something like this, now he has a chance. I actually think that Jauron is thrilled with this, and that he loves 90% of all that is Terrell Owens and doesn't like the 10% that is the mouthy locker room stuff. I bet Jauron loves his talent, loves his production, loves his work ethic, loves his passion for the game and for life, loves what he can do for his offense and even the fan base. He probably even thinks he can tone Terrell down one notch by treating him like a man.

This signing has Russ Brandon written all over it. Why? The Bills image has taken a BIG hit over the past nine years. They were about to take a big hit in season ticket sales and they know it. Count me in as one of the people who believe DJ had no say in this one. Jauron is dead man walkin. I cannot wait until he starts pacing the sidelines tearing into Trent and Turk when things don't go well.

You are right. And Russ is brilliant. In a tough economy with a ton of disgruntled fans, he basically guaranteed a 90%+ season ticket renewal with a single FA move at a modest price. I'm sure he could care less how Owens plays, or whether he's a disruption--because we've already gotten out of TO all we really needed.

Reality is we missed a few good FA's and T.O. was better than all of them anyways, so why not hurry up and grab him. They flew down to get him and never let him go. Name 1 other place that T.O. had a interview within the days he was let go.

This stunning move has "marketing" written all over it, and it is brilliant in that regard. In one move, the Bills went from national joke who would have lost many thousands of season ticket holders, to a nationally intriging storyline with probably INCREASED ticket sales. There is no other single move this downtrodden team could have contemplated that would would have changed their image/fortunes in one fell swoop. They are nationally relevant again instantly, AND now more potentially attractive to other FA's. I have always disliked this type of "me first" player, and TO in particular. But you have to admit, this has re-energized this franchise like no other single action could have. This was way over Jaurons head, I doubt he had any input. What a stunner!........

Of course this was a pure PR move. They have probably noticed a drop in their season renewals, either from the worsen economy or disgruntled fans and knew they had to do something so they took a chance and fell for another Drew Rosenhaus scam and the fans bought it hook, line, and sinker. By the time the honeymoon wears off (probably 4th game into the season when TO isn't getting all the passes) they already have the stadium sold out from season ticket holders. But who cares right? The national media now talks about Buffalo, just wait until something happens, the media will continue to talk about Buffalo, except that it won't really be much talking, more laughing.

Seriously, who cares? We got a guy who puts up 1,000 yard recieving seasons. We made our team better.

Quit looking for the Snydly Whiplash moustache twirling conspiracy.

Or diss'n a move that may help the team stay in OP a bit longer...

yeah ...so season ticket holders are sick of sucking and are dying for a glimmer of hope. who isn't?