Outsourcing

KRC

Good to hear - not that I think that boycotting Walmart is necessarily good, but nothing bothers me more than someone who bitches about something and does nothing about it.

As for the Drugs, the real solution of the for the drug companies to grow some balls and tell the canadians and europeans they either pay the market price for drugs or they don't get them. Stop us idiots over here from subsidizing their costs.

96465[/snapback]

Just reading the Sam's Club flyer... How can they with a conscience offer a $137,000 OCC "one of a kind" chopper.

???

I don't suppose it gets the hillbillys thinking though?

:D:D:huh:

Because the drugs are all made here anyway?

Don't they make most of the drugs here and send them overseas?

Why do we pay a premium here?

Are we talking about drug production or research?  Most of it is done here?

Am I wrong?

Why can they go to Canada, then come back here (where they started) cheaper?

Am I missing something?

96891[/snapback]

Oh - I shouldn't open this can of worms - but it's because of the lawyers!

Outsourcing, generally, is talking about blue-collar jobs that are lost in the US when they are moved to India, etc. so the companies make more profit with less employee costs.

As others have mentioned - a good portion of the drugs in CA are actually manufatured in the US so those jobs still exist in the US.

Oh - I shouldn't open this can of worms - but it's because of the lawyers!

Outsourcing, generally, is talking about blue-collar jobs that are lost in the US when they are moved to India, etc. so the companies make more profit with less employee costs.

As others have mentioned - a good portion of the drugs in CA are actually manufatured in the US so those jobs still exist in the US.

96914[/snapback]

Then our legal system needs to be reformed.

I take this could be done without tackling special interests and a whole group of other "beasts" in the process?

How's about the FDA website.  It's a lot to read and there are various reasons for the problems, but the FDA specifically points out repeatedly that there are several companies there manufactoring generics that they are not permitted or approved to make that are.  have fun with the facts. 

http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g4535d.htm

http://www.fda.gov/importeddrugs/

Where do you get you info, since it obviously is made up?

96565[/snapback]

Too bad those aren't the drugs they are talking about importing. Pfizer, the No. 1 pharmaceutical makes most of their drugs overseas. These drugs are shipped from the manufacturer to the US or Canada. Under Canadian law each provience is allowed to negotiate a set price, which keeps things in check. These are the EXACT same drugs that are seeing 17% yearly increases in the US while politicians stand by. Why do they stand by and let this occur? There are apppoximately 1.5 lobbyists per politician in Washington. They are the BIGGEST contributor to campaign funds. FACTS sure do suck. Look into them.

Because the drugs are all made here anyway?

Don't they make most of the drugs here and send them overseas?

Why do we pay a premium here?

Are we talking about drug production or research?  Most of it is done here?

Am I wrong?

Why can they go to Canada, then come back here (where they started) cheaper?

Am I missing something?

96891[/snapback]

We pay a premium here because FDA approval allows everyone else to piggyback. Think about it.

Why would other countries have more than a paper shuffle after the FDA approves something?