The Trenches

i think now that we got our big playmaker/talent locked up, the FO can concentrate on the Trenches now for the rest of the offseason. We have plenty of time and opportunity to shore up the lines. Funny how quickly 1 signing can change everything...

I think trading for Waters is still a real possibility, but I'm getting the feeling they are going to roll the dice on an injured Guard like Simmons or Bentley.

If it works out, well great...you got a star Guard for (probably) well below cost.

Honestly, if we go the FA route, I'd rather bring in both Simmons and Bentley. If we can somehow manage a trade with KC for Waters, then I think we'll add a Guard in Rounds 3-5 in the draft and just be done with it.

I dont see the Bills upgrading their DT spot this year, I think they're happy with what they have. Cant say I agree, but they havent even whispered about upgrading the interior D-Line all offseason.

Pass Rush help comes in the draft, with Brown, Maybin or Orakpo. There are no veteran FAs who could substantially help in that department unfortunately.

I think trading for Waters is still a real possibility, but I'm getting the feeling they are going to roll the dice on an injured Guard like Simmons or Bentley.

If it works out, well great...you got a star Guard for (probably) well below cost.

Honestly, if we go the FA route, I'd rather bring in both Simmons and Bentley. If we can somehow manage a trade with KC for Waters, then I think we'll add a Guard in Rounds 3-5 in the draft and just be done with it.

I dont see the Bills upgrading their DT spot this year, I think they're happy with what they have. Cant say I agree, but they havent even whispered about upgrading the interior D-Line all offseason.

Pass Rush help comes in the draft, with Brown, Maybin or Orakpo. There are no veteran FAs who could substantially help in that department unfortunately.

I doubt Orakpo will be there at 11

Brown and Maybin...one of them has to be there

I know we need the trenches...but I really want Cushing...

WR was the biggest FA need, only position that could not be filled via the draft.

The Bills need starting LG, DE, LB, TE....they can sign 2 through FA and draft 2 with the first two picks. I still think DE/TE will be through the draft, so look for the Bills to sign June/Peterson soon. They haven't had in any LGs right?

They COULD go 1) DE 2) LG 3) TE in the draft, that wouldn't surprise me.

WR was the biggest FA need, only position that could not be filled via the draft.

The Bills need starting LG, DE, LB, TE....they can sign 2 through FA and draft 2 with the first two picks. I still think DE/TE will be through the draft, so look for the Bills to sign June/Peterson soon. They haven't had in any LGs right?

They COULD go 1) DE 2) LG 3) TE in the draft, that wouldn't surprise me.

Ingram in 3rd or 4th would be a better TE choice than Pettigrew in the 1st. He is slower than most OL at 4.9

they need to draft a stud C that can start at either G or C this year

once again I agree with you Malta,

the only player that you mention that makes me nervous is Maybin. I just don't have a good feeling about him. If he does turn out to be a good player, I just don't see it happening early in his career. I would stay away from him.