How much of this TO signing is a move made for a talent upgrade or a

bluv

Definetly both! Most would agree we NEVER saw this coming as Ralph and company never have made such a signing. I wonder how much of this is a PR move to keep a buzz going at Orchard Park and to keep fans interested after another disappointing season as let's be honest: a lot of SO-CALLED lefelong Bills fans vowed to either not get season tickets or go as far as change teams after the Bills retain Dick and company. Could this be the mentality if this is a make or break season for Dick (after we rushed and overpayed for him!) we have to keep interest in the team; bringing in TO definitely fits the BILL!

I know I can't convince the koolaid drinkers, but this move was made to accomplish one thing.... bring the koolaid drinkers back. NOT to win games. As long as there are koolaid drinkers (AKA "suckers"), the Bills will sell tickets.

I know I can't convince the koolaid drinkers, but this move was made to accomplish one thing.... bring the koolaid drinkers back. NOT to win games. As long as there are koolaid drinkers (AKA "suckers"), the Bills will sell tickets.

So why are you a Bills fan ?

Definetly both! Most would agree we NEVER saw this coming as Ralph and company never have made such a signing. I wonder how much of this is a PR move to keep a buzz going at Orchard Park and to keep fans interested after another disappointing season as let's be honest: a lot of SO-CALLED lefelong Bills fans vowed to either not get season tickets or go as far as change teams after the Bills retain Dick and company. Could this be the mentality if this is a make or break season for Dick (after we rushed and overpayed for him!) we have to keep interest in the team; bringing in TO definitely fits the BILL!

This is clearly a desperation move. Dick Jauron and TO could not be more further apart on the football pendulum. They are the polar opposites. Dick Jauron is worried about his job beyond this season and saw the golden opportunity. This is his deal with the devil so to speak.

But I think this is a good thing for us Bills fans! Maybe that old loser Dick is finally getting some football religion. His choir boys who he always claims are playing hard for him, never did. They took their beatings very politely, just like their head coach. We all saw it, they never looked like they cared that they went 0-6 within the division or when they got beat by the Browns and Niners. He talks about character, but there never seems to be much of that on his teams when the chips are down on Sundays. This team became a lifeless dreary depressing ball to watch. So hopefully loser Dick is changing his tune and will actually make scoring more points than the opposing team a priority!

This is clearly a desperation move. Dick Jauron and TO could not be more further apart on the football pendulum. They are the polar opposites. Dick Jauron is worried about his job beyond this season and saw the golden opportunity. This is his deal with the devil so to speak.

Exactly. It's also interesting the deal gets made 1 or 2 days before season ticket renewals are due. :flirt:

I don't think it will really help them much, but it will be fun top watch.

The whole thing seems like a pretty decent fit. TO finds a team that is fairly low profile..desperate for attention (good or controversial)...has a players coach...an owner who is old and goofy at this point so he won't take TO so seriously...and teammates for the most part who will love having a high profile, media magnet in the lockeroom.

Personally, i think much of TO's schtick is calculated at this point in his career. I mean c'mon, the guy is 35 now, just by being around this long he knows the ramifications of everything he does and says. I think he can be a really good guy to his teammates in the lockeroom and then when he goes "off" it's more for show nowadays. I'd be surprised if he participated in a full training camp though. I think he will come up with a bad hammy and pretty much watch until game #1. Don't be surprised about that.

This move is so gutsy, so surprising, so un-Bills like!

1. This team will be sold in the next 10 years. Signing TO will sell tickets and merchandise. We may get more opportunities to be seen on a national level. If we do, in fact, start winning some games and get to the playoffs, the chances of the Bills staying in Buffalo get better. It shows a team with incredible community support. It shows that even though we are a small market, we can sell some merchandise and sell out games.

2. No other NFL city has the die hard adoration for their team like Buffalo. TO is a star, and performs on the field. In a city like Dallas, the rich and famous are a dime a dozen. In Buffalo, for TO to come in and perform on the field will make him the star he feels he should be. He'll be as popular as Miley Cyrus at a Junior High school.

It will be interesting to see what happens. With TO, if he and Evans can work together, if Edwards gets some confidence and starts throwing that football, we can win some games.