OT PLEASE VOTE TODAY

Corp000085

Guest Can't keep their opinions to
If that were the case, then the Democrats would not be spending so much time, money, and effort to suppress the Nader vote.

More people need to stand up and say "enough is enough!" Until then, you will be stuck with what you have now, or worse.

Thanks for the compliments. Regardless of whether I win or lose, the main focus of my campaign has been to raise awareness of alternative candidates. The fact that I have swayed people to vote for me, who have never met me or knew me before my campaign, I feel is an accomplishment.

96219[/snapback]

I was waiting for the first ass-wipe to hijack this thread for his/her own political views.

Way to go, KRC!

Sadly Ken, I'm not so sure it does.  I think the powers that be simply write-off the 1 or 2% who vote Green, Libertarian, Independent, etc.   :lol:

One thing I respect though, especially after having the opportunity to meet you in September, is the audacity you've displayed by throwing your hat into the ring.  Forgive my crassness, but that takes some serious balls.

96210[/snapback]

In addition to KRC's points, it has been noted that if the Nader vote in 2000 had gone to Gore in Florida, Gore would the incumbent today.

If that were the case, then the Democrats would not be spending so much time, money, and effort to suppress the Nader vote.

96219[/snapback]

And, to make sure to provide "equal time" in this thread, it's also the reason Nader received campaign money and petition signatures from Republicans.

:lol:

And, to make sure to provide "equal time" in this thread, it's also the reason Nader received campaign money and petition signatures from Republicans.

:lol:

96534[/snapback]

You are exactly right. The Republicans were doing everything they can to get him on the ballot, because he would take votes from the Democrats. The Democrats did everything they could to keep him off the ballot, for the same reason.

Either way you look at it, it is disgusting.

A simple story....

I work with a lady whose husband is in the National Guard. She keeps going around saying that if Kerry gets in the troops will be ignored. So, she's a big Bush backer. That's fine, I've got my own opinions which I keep to myself at work.

So I come in today and someone asks me if I voted and I say yes and she replies "I hope it was for Bush." So, I ask her "Did you vote?" and she replies "no, I'm not registered".

....my jaw almost fell off...

A simple story....

I work with a lady whose husband is in the National Guard. She keeps going around saying that if Kerry gets in the troops will be ignored. So, she's a big Bush backer. That's fine, I've got my own opinions which I keep to myself at work.

So I come in today and someone asks me if I voted and I say yes and she replies "I hope it was for Bush." So, I ask her "Did you vote?" and she replies "no, I'm not registered".

96577[/snapback]

Too bad her jaw hasn't fallen off yet, huh?

This thread deserves to stay at the top all day.

Voter turnout today is strong. The wait for voiting a my precinct was 2 hours. Bring a book or play games on your cell phone to pass the time.

If I may throw in a simple request. Since you are taking the time to vote. Please don't hit the straight party button, vote for each position.

That lady has some nerve! I have had similiar encouters/conversations with people! I waited 45 mins this morning, never have seen anything like it!

A simple story....

96577[/snapback]

Same with me! So I looked at the economic/budgets views of Bush & Kerry. Chose the one who was more fiscally responsible!

I am about to go vote.

The trouble is, I'm not really sure I want to vote for Kerry, but I certainly don't want to vote for Bush.

96685[/snapback]