The Titans Believe That Haynesworth Was Tampered With By The Redskins

Albert Haynesworth-DL- Redskins Mar. 7 - 11:14 am et

The Tennessee Titans continue to seek evidence to support a claim that the Redskins tampered in their signing of Albert Haynesworth just five hours into the free agent signing period.

Rumors were rampant that the Redskins had a deal in place before the signing period began, fueling speculation that they started negotiating before they were allowed to by the league. Haynesworth maintains that was not the case, however, and it will be difficult to bring any charges unless the Titans can present some evidence.

Source: The Tennessean

Well this is interesting.

From The Tennessean article linked above.

Asked if the Redskins tampered, Haynesworth said: "I don't think so. Yeah, Chad told me he met with the Redskins at the combine, but they were talking about Malcolm and how he could become the next Andre Johnson and stuff like that.

"All I know is the Redskins called my agent at 11:04 Nashville time and they started negotiating then. They weren't anywhere close in the first couple of hours and then they got serious. Chad worked the deal then and it worked out.''

Oh Albert you're not helping the Redskins defense. :flirt:

From The Tennessean article linked above.

Asked if the Redskins tampered, Haynesworth said: "I don't think so. Yeah, Chad told me he met with the Redskins at the combine, but they were talking about Malcolm and how he could become the next Andre Johnson and stuff like that.

"All I know is the Redskins called my agent at 11:04 Nashville time and they started negotiating then. They weren't anywhere close in the first couple of hours and then they got serious. Chad worked the deal then and it worked out.''

Oh Albert you're not helping the Redskins defense. :flirt:

What's the problem with that statement? Didn't free agency begin at midnight Eastern Time? Nashville is in the Central Time Zone.