Travis Beckham

Had he not gotten hurt, was he viewed better than Pettigrew. I have a vague recollection of him being listed as the best TE before the college season started. (I wish Gresham came out, he would be who we need). THis is from Buffalo Insider on how his Pro Day went:

Wisconsin

TE Travis Beckum, who is returning from a broken left fibula, got his first chance to work out in front of scouts and did nothing but impress. He turned in a 40 time of 4.61 and posted an impressive 38.5-inch vertical and a 4.10 short shuttle. Beckum says he is still not 100 percent healthy, but he proved he has the athletic ability to create mismatches in the pass game.

Not better than Pett. and never was to me. Beckham is more of an H-Back. He is always banged up too. I'd like him in R3 but then we'd have 3 TE/H-Back players.

Always banged up? He's had one serious injury in his entire college career.

Soph: 61 catches 903 yards 14.8 avg 5 tds

Junior: 75 catches 982 yards 13.1 avg 6 tds

We could use that kind of production.

From wikipedia "Travis measured in at 6'3" 243 lbs. About 25 lbs over his listed weight for many years at the University of Wisconsin. Travis recorded the most reps on the bench press of 225 lbs. He recorded 28 reps finishing 1st overall for TE"

6'3" 243 lbs and runs a 4.6 sec 40, all while still not being 100% from his injury. Not to mention the man is the strongest TE.

Always banged up? He's had one serious injury in his entire college career.

Soph: 61 catches 903 yards 14.8 avg 5 tds

Junior: 75 catches 982 yards 13.1 avg 6 tds

We could use that kind of production.

"Durability concerns and differing opinions on his value may cause Beckham's stock to drop"

"Underwent shoulder surgery after his junior season and his left leg (broke in '08) must check out medically"

"Suffered neck and back spasms leading up to the 2007 season."

From wikipedia "Travis measured in at 6'3" 243 lbs. About 25 lbs over his listed weight for many years at the University of Wisconsin. Travis recorded the most reps on the bench press of 225 lbs. He recorded 28 reps finishing 1st overall for TE"

6'3" 243 lbs and runs a 4.6 sec 40, all while still not being 100% from his injury. Not to mention the man is the strongest TE.

WOW! That's impressive!

"Durability concerns and differing opinions on his value may cause Beckham's stock to drop"

"Underwent shoulder surgery after his junior season and his left leg (broke in '08) must check out medically"

"Suffered neck and back spasms leading up to the 2007 season."

Every player has injuries, however Beckum only has one that actually caused him to miss games.