Will the Economy Save Dick Jauron's job in Buffalo?

Economy impacts coaching jobs, salary cap

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants

Just as the economy has smashed almost all aspects of society, it will do the same to football after the season.

But the economic downturn might turn out to be a good thing for coaches on the hot seat.

Multiple league executives believe small-market teams will be less apt to fire coaches and pay off their contracts in the current spiraling economy. For example, it would cost the Jacksonville Jaguars upwards of $20 million to fire head coach Jack Del Rio, a blow the franchise can’t afford to absorb.

The struggling economy will contribute to saving some coaching jobs, but it will hit the players as well, many executives predict.

Teams are fully aware that when the Giants won the Super Bowl last season, they were some $20-plus million under the salary cap. With the salary cap scheduled to be at least $123 million per club in 2009, look for more cash-strapped teams to spend far less and mimic the model the Giants used during their championship season.

The economy will now be a factor in deciding whether teams hire or fire coaches.

Posted in: Adam Schefter | ShareThis

********************************************************************************

Don't blame me guys, Adam Shefter said it!

DIE HARD 1967

Jumpin Jeezus H Christ on a bicycle.....aren't we depressed enough? To even suggest that one disaster may prolong another disaster......the weaker ones are gonna start jumping off the Peace Bridge.....

Sheesh

Dick Jauron is unqualified and has proven that he is in way over his head. His track record is a proven failure

But we want the Bills to win

Considering the last two presidential adminstrations, I think Jauron is due at least $100B bailout because we can't let him fail

I dont even care anymore. I dont care where the Bills play, I dont care whos plays for the Bills, I dont care who owns them, I just dont give a damn anymore......why should I?

I find myself having a better life when I sit and relax with my kids and wife and talk about their schooling, and what they did at recess.....The Bills only stress me out and make me angry!

The less I pay attention to this team the happier and stress free I am!

Guest dog14787
Economy impacts coaching jobs, salary cap

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Jack Del Rio, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants

Just as the economy has smashed almost all aspects of society, it will do the same to football after the season.

But the economic downturn might turn out to be a good thing for coaches on the hot seat.

Multiple league executives believe small-market teams will be less apt to fire coaches and pay off their contracts in the current spiraling economy. For example, it would cost the Jacksonville Jaguars upwards of $20 million to fire head coach Jack Del Rio, a blow the franchise can’t afford to absorb.

The struggling economy will contribute to saving some coaching jobs, but it will hit the players as well, many executives predict.

Teams are fully aware that when the Giants won the Super Bowl last season, they were some $20-plus million under the salary cap. With the salary cap scheduled to be at least $123 million per club in 2009, look for more cash-strapped teams to spend far less and mimic the model the Giants used during their championship season.

The economy will now be a factor in deciding whether teams hire or fire coaches.

Posted in: Adam Schefter | ShareThis

********************************************************************************

Don't blame me guys, Adam Shefter said it!

DIE HARD 1967

At a time when many of your average fans are struggling because of the economy and could more easily be swayed to give up their season tickets it might be wise to make decisions based more on the best interest of the club's success in my opinion. 20 million sounds like allot to lose, but running your team into the ground with the wrong coach to me is not an option. I'm saying in general, not so much the Del Rio situation, but Del Rio does seem to have a big problem alienating his players.

I dont even care anymore. I dont care where the Bills play, I dont care whos plays for the Bills, I dont care who owns them, I just dont give a damn anymore......why should I?

I find myself having a better life when I sit and relax with my kids and wife and talk about their schooling, and what they did at recess.....The Bills only stress me out and make me angry!

The less I pay attention to this team the happier and stress free I am!

And yet you post.

"Don't make sense nohow, somehow"

Shemp Howard

Coach Jauron will be the coach in 2010 when the Bills are sold and moved. The new owner will want to keep the continuity within the team.

I did not know that the schedule calls for Ralph to die by 2010 so the Bills can be sold and moved. Do you have some connection to the front office upstairs which we do not know about?

I did not know that the schedule calls for Ralph to die by 2010 so the Bills can be sold and moved. Do you have some connection to the front office upstairs which we do not know about?

How long do you think Ralph is going to remain on this earthly veil? With all due repect to Ralph, he is pretty much on borrowed time, God rest his soul.