Gupta withdraws from Surgeon General consideration

Obama should step down also. He is in way over his head. And if Bush ever used a teleprompter as much as he does on routine duties would have been blasted as a dumb ass by the MSM (not that they didn't do it anyway). This guy is a joke and our country will pay the price. Sad day in amerika.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19663.html

Ahh the make believe if ____ then _____ defense. Yes the sword and shield of the republican arguement, hypothetical scenarios.

And curse Obama for using technology. Reading off of a piece of paper was just fine. Kids these days and their damn teleprompters. *shakes fist*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh the make believe if ____ then _____ defense. Yes the sword and shield of the republican arguement, hypothetical scenarios.

And curse Obama for using technology. Reading off of a piece of paper was just fine. Kids these days and their damn teleprompters. *shakes fist*

The Messiah can't even put two sentences together without inserting an "uh". He had to use a teleprompter to introduce a high level nominee the other day. God, this guy can't say anything that wasn't written for him.

Why do you think he turned down the town hall style of debates that McCain offered him.

The Messiah can't even put two sentences together without inserting an "uh". He had to use a teleprompter to introduce a high level nominee the other day. God, this guy can't say anything that wasn't written for him.

Why do you think he turned down the town hall style of debates that McCain offered him.

Do you not follow politics at all? Its "ummmm"

Do you not follow politics at all? Its "ummmm"

The most annoying for me is he almost always starts his speeches with a prolonged "I".

As in: "IIIIIIIIII.....IIIIIIIIIIIII.....just wanted to start by...."

Given the teleprompter story I wonder if the "I" is what he does while he is waiting for it to boot up.

And I love Kelly's: "he's only been in office 45 days" thing. Anybody want to take odds on how many days they keep saying that? I am setting the over/under at 250. :wallbash::lol: Didn't realize the President got a probationary period. Does that mean we can get our vote back after 90 days? Of course I am kidding, but come on, how long is the "# of days" thing going to last?

Hey, remember that gem: "what did Bush know, and when did he know it" re: 911? That was after 8 months. If we are going to use that standard then....O, bama there's going to be blood.

Seriously, I don't think Obama should step down, that is ridiculous. However, I do think he needs a win, soon. And, he is making major decisions right now and so far he is 0-fer. I look at it like baseball batting average, though, and there's still a hell of a lot more at bats before his average starts to matter.

The most annoying for me is he almost always starts his speeches with a prolonged "I".

As in: "IIIIIIIIII.....IIIIIIIIIIIII.....just wanted to start by...."

Given the teleprompter story I wonder if the "I" is what he does while he is waiting for it to boot up.

And I love Kelly's: "he's only been in office 45 days" thing. Anybody want to take odds on how many days they keep saying that? I am setting the over/under at 250. :wallbash::lol: Didn't realize the President got a probationary period. Does that mean we can get our vote back after 90 days? Of course I am kidding, but come on, how long is the "# of days" thing going to last?

Actually, he's waiting for the applause to stop. :lol:

Again, this kinda stuff just brings tears to my eyes it's so friggin' funny.

Barack Obama is your President, for the next eight years, and a Democrat for at least the next 12 depending on who follows him. This is just awesome.

Actually, he's waiting for the applause to stop. :wallbash:

Barack Obama is your President, for the next eight years, and a Democrat for at least the next 12 depending on who follows him. This is just awesome.

Wishful thinking. The rats are already jumping ship.

Actually, he's waiting for the applause to stop. :wallbash:

I went to a black Sabbath concert once, and the band waited for the applause to stop. Does this mean Ozzy should be the president? Looks like the cult of personally is alive and well.

Actually, he's waiting for the applause to stop. :lol:

Someone tell Dolly Parton she's on in five, four, three... :wallbash:

Except for the time when they did a town hall style debate you mean?

I'm sure he knows very well how to speak without having something written down. I also am sure he's much smarter than you and knows that millions of people hang on his every word and he cannot afford to misspeak. Also I'm sure he knows that every president before him has done just about the same thing.

Also I'm sure you have no real reason to attack the guy and are making up stupid issues like this to make yourself feel better.

Did you already forget during the invasion of Iraq, when he was embedded with a field hospital, he didn't hesitate to go off camera and treat badly wounded soldiers when they were in dire need of a neurosurgeon.

In fairness, although Sanjay Gupta is a to some degree a media personality, he's first and foremost an accomplished and responsible doctor who's also knowledgable on matters of health policy. I didn't like his nomination for Surgeon General (I think he's a little too young and politically inexperienced for that senior a position), but he certainly's deserving of more respect than comparing him to Dr. Phil.

He's a nice guy, too. My wife knows him.

Why would you expect that this crew of panic-stricken, uninformed nitwits would have any respect for someone who's a success in TWO fields? They don't even know what it's like to succeed in ONE.

You know, just because our wingnut buddies are such dumbasses, my new recommendation for Surgeon General is Dr. Howard Dean. That'll have them soiling their nappies (again).

Why would you expect that this crew of panic-stricken, uninformed nitwits

What are you complaining about? The panic stricken uninformed nitwits gave your club control over 2/3 of the federal government

Now if only some of those justices would die, your club will have complete control. Granted you'd still blame somebody else when something goes wrong

Calling for him to step down after 45 days on the job? With a 60-70% approval rating?

It's hysterical, and it's hysterical.

Gupta took his name off the list because he wouldn't be able to do surgeries anymore, which he does at least one day a week, and thought four years away from that would have ended his career as a neurosurgeon. That is both a practical and monetary loss that just wasn't worth it to him.

It's just mindless overreaction to the ridiculous partisan shots at Bush.

Funny as hell, though. I suspect when the Obama Administration gets on track and starts doing things, I'll have some complaints. But now? Complaining now is about as ridiculous as...as the 70% approval rating, actually. He hasn't done anything yet to criticize OR approve of. :lol:

Did you already forget during the invasion of Iraq, when he was embedded with a field hospital, he didn't hesitate to go off camera and treat badly wounded soldiers when they were in dire need of a neurosurgeon.

In fairness, although Sanjay Gupta is a to some degree a media personality, he's first and foremost an accomplished and responsible doctor who's also knowledgable on matters of health policy. I didn't like his nomination for Surgeon General (I think he's a little too young and politically inexperienced for that senior a position), but he certainly's deserving of more respect than comparing him to Dr. Phil.

He's a nice guy, too. My wife knows him.

A guy I work with has met President George W. Bush- said he is a great guy. A lot of people won't like hearing that, but oh well....so what you said about Gupta isn't all that surprising. Behind the facade, they are more like us than we think

What are you complaining about? The panic stricken uninformed nitwits gave your club control over 2/3 of the federal government

Now if only some of those justices would die, your club will have complete control. Granted you'd still blame somebody else when something goes wrong

I'm not complaining at all. That's YOUR bailiwick. It's what you do!

Fear.

Panic.

Gloom.

Doom.

That's what you guys are all about. Pathetic little creatures.

A guy I work with has met President George W. Bush- said he is a great guy. A lot of people won't like hearing that, but oh well....so what you said about Gupta isn't all that surprising. Behind the facade, they are more like us than we think

Not surprising. W is the guy most people would like to have a beer with. I know a million guys like him. Fun to party with but I definitely wouldn't want them running the country. Obviously - because look what happened.

Not surprising. W is the guy most people would like to have a beer with. I know a million guys like him. Fun to party with but I definitely wouldn't want them running the country. Obviously - because look what happened.

I guess I'm in the minority then (at least according to you)

I'd rather have a beer with Clinton

But I don't vote on personality, with the exception of '96 when I voted for Dole/Kemp. Considering the nature of this message board, I think you can figure out where my vote came from