Bills to Draft Lineman?

This is the first blog post I didn't much care for at BR.com. Of course the Bills SHOULD draft several lineman, but they never do and won't this year unless at the bottom.

They also can't honestly put their season in the hands of Hardy/Johnson (status quo) and not pursue a veteran WR or draft a pass catching TE as this article eludes. Not addressing those needs and the season is lost, Edwards needs a big target and Evans needs somebody to take the pressure out of him...we've learned this lesson at least the last 2 years. I still believe the #1 priority of free agency should be a WR, and if not then pass catching TE is the priority of the draft after pass rushing DE.

The Bills are not going to go out and try to spend $18 million on Coles, showing they NEED to upgrade WR, then cut their losses and say "oh well, we'll play with what we've got" after admitting they need the upgrade. If they do, the FO should be fired for incompetence.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

This is the first blog post I didn't much care for at BR.com. Of course the Bills SHOULD draft several lineman, but they never do and won't this year unless at the bottom.

They also can't honestly put their season in the hands of Hardy/Johnson (status quo) and not pursue a veteran WR or draft a pass catching TE as this article eludes. Not addressing those needs and the season is lost, Edwards needs a big target and Evans needs somebody to take the pressure out of him...we've learned this lesson at least the last 2 years. I still believe the #1 priority of free agency should be a WR, and if not then pass catching TE is the priority of the draft after pass rushing DE.

The Bills are not going to go out and try to spend $18 million on Coles, showing they NEED to upgrade WR, then cut their losses and say "oh well, we'll play with what we've got" after admitting they need the upgrade. If they do, the FO should be fired for incompetence.

These were Tom Brady's "weapons" during the Patriots 2001 Superbowl winning season...

Troy Brown / 12 TDs in 8 years / 22 starts

David Patten / 5 TDs in 4 years / 14 starts

Jermaine Wiggins / 2 TDs in / 1 year / 2 starts

The stats are what the players had done in the league prior to that 2001 season. My point is that sometimes it's the QB and the scheme that are the major problem. You're worried about Steve Johnson's ability to nail down the job, but to me he has proven he can catch hard thrown redzone touchdown passes with the game on the line and in a hostile building. What else does he need to prove? Maybe it is the Dick Jauron/Turk Shonert/Trent Edwards combo that is holding this team back. We all know that the gameplans have preshcool-like predictability. You need to take a long look at those stats and come to the realization that WR is NOT the problem with this team.

Edwards needs to spread the ball around and trust in his receivers to win the battle. Jauron and Turk need to devise a gameplan that puts the opposing defense on their heels with unpredictability. We have plenty of talent at WR, you are pointing the finger at the wrong target. Just because the clowns over there think they need another receiver doesn't mean that's the case. Remember, they signed Jason Webster because they were too stupid to think Jabari Greer could be a starter. Not only was he starting quality, he was 5 times the CB Webster was.

The front-office should be fired for incompetence if the following are true:

1. If they depend on a rookie or player coming off an injury to make an impact.

2. If they think that ignoring depth on the DL is OK.

3. If they think that signing 1 or 2 FAs this offseason will earn them more than one more win.

4. If they think their slow and steady approach to finding new starters will be effective.

The Bills need more than modest upgrades at a few positions. That seems to be the approach they are taking. Anyone who is depending on our #11 pick to have an impact this year is retarded.

So instead of dealing with what they have that isn't good enough, they should overspend and bring in different guys who aren't good enough.

I am under the impression that the Bills never really intended to shell out big bucks on a WR in free agency. However, when Coles surprisingly became available, they shifted gears. Now that Coles is gone, they are back to Plan A, which is to sign a veteran WR at a reasonable cost - and to be patient and wait for the market to come down on a flurry of other position FAs.