McGee to safety?

lucks

Look at the stats and weep. The safeties make a ton of the tackles in the Bills defense.

Indeed. I know thebandit used the phrase "impact tackler", which I take to mean the missile-launch style of hitting many SS prefer.

Personally, I prefer solid, sure tackling. It may not create as many turnovers, but it gets the job done (tackling) more effectively, with fewer misses, and fewer injuries (to both teams).

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. McGee is a 5'9" bad tackler. He's also a very good corner. Why would we move him to FS - where his height becomes a liability - or SS - where his tackling becomes a liability? Terrible idea.

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. McGee is a 5'9" bad tackler. He's also a very good corner. Why would we move him to FS - where his height becomes a liability - or SS - where his tackling becomes a liability? Terrible idea.

Agree it's not a good move at this time. He's too valuable as a CB at the moment.

But his lack of height is more of a liability at the CB position than it is at FS. But his athleticism more than compensates most of the time.

If/when the time comes I don't think he'd get a whiff at SS. But my bet is he'd be fine at FS. As I said, shades of Tony Greene.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree it's not a good move at this time. He's too valuable as a CB at the moment.

But his lack of height is more of a liability at the CB position than it is at FS. But his athleticism more than compensates most of the time.

If/when the time comes I don't think he'd get a whiff at SS. But my bet is he'd be fine at FS. As I said, shades of Tony Greene.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you ever wonder why there are a plethora of sub 5'10" CB's in the NFL, and only a handful of 5'10" safeties (the only one I can even name is Jim Leonhard to be honest with you)?? Ever wonder why they moved 6'4" CB Lenny Walls to FS?? It's more important as a CB to have some pivot in your hips than to be tall, trust me. Safety requires less athleticism and McGee is very, very athletic. This is an awful idea.

Do you ever wonder why there are a plethora of sub 5'10" CB's in the NFL, and only a handful of 5'10" safeties (the only one I can even name is Jim Leonhard to be honest with you)?? Ever wonder why they moved 6'4" CB Lenny Walls to FS?? It's more important as a CB to have some pivot in your hips than to be tall, trust me. Safety requires less athleticism and McGee is very, very athletic. This is an awful idea.

Thanks for the lecture on hip swivel.

Lenny Walls? Are you under the impression he was moved to safety because he's 6'4"? Here's a theory; he was moved to safety because he wasn't a very good CB. Why? Well, that hip swivel you mentioned for starters. And he is a terrible closer, too long of stride.

Since we're on the subject of Ravens DBs, how about Chris McAlister at CB? 6'1" and 210lbs. Big CB (great hip swivel, though). And Ed Reed, one of the best at FS is generously listed at 5'11''.

I could go on with the list of taller CBs throughout the years. As well as safeties under 6'.

Do you ever wonder about the plethora of CBs, regardless of their height, that have made the transition to FS in the NFL? Yet, you never hear of a safety making the switch to CB. I wonder why that is.

I couldn't agree more that moving McGee to safety is a bad idea at this time.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he makes the switch, like so many others have, for the last few years of his career.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the lecture on hip swivel.

Lenny Walls? Are you under the impression he was moved to safety because he's 6'4"? Here's a theory; he was moved to safety because he wasn't a very good CB. Why? Well, that hip swivel you mentioned for starters. And he is a terrible closer, too long of stride.

Since we're on the subject of Ravens DBs, how about Chris McAlister at CB? 6'1" and 210lbs. Big CB (great hip swivel, though). And Ed Reed, one of the best at FS is generously listed at 5'11''.

I could go on with the list of taller CBs throughout the years. As well as safeties under 6'.

Do you ever wonder about the plethora of CBs, regardless of their height, that have made the transition to FS in the NFL? Yet, you never hear of a safety making the switch to CB. I wonder why that is.

I couldn't agree more that moving McGee to safety is a bad idea at this time.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he makes the switch, like so many others have, for the last few years of his career.

GO BILLS!!!

No problem. It's all about torque...

Chris McAlister is an aberation. He was also one of the best CB's in the league proving that he was a special talent. Name me a 5'9" safety in the league besides Leonhard (average) and Bob Sanders. Also, my money says if you took the average height of safeties vs. the average height of CB's you'd see that safeties are about two-three inches taller on average. Aside from Bailey and McAlister I can't name any CB's over 6'0". I can name about ten safeties (John Lynch, Brian Dawkins, Adrian Wilson, Darren Sharper, Rodney Harrison, S. Taylor, L. Landry, L. Milloy, M. Boulware, Chris Hope, Donvan Darius, etc. etc.). In fact, a bunch of those safeties are better than 6'2". For the real challenge, name me a corner that's 6'2"+ :wallbash:

No problem. It's all about torque...

Chris McAlister is an aberation. He was also one of the best CB's in the league proving that he was a special talent. Name me a 5'9" safety in the league besides Leonhard (average) and Bob Sanders. Also, my money says if you took the average height of safeties vs. the average height of CB's you'd see that safeties are about two-three inches taller on average. Aside from Bailey and McAlister I can't name any CB's over 6'0". I can name about ten safeties (John Lynch, Brian Dawkins, Adrian Wilson, Darren Sharper, Rodney Harrison, S. Taylor, L. Landry, L. Milloy, M. Boulware, Chris Hope, Donvan Darius, etc. etc.). In fact, a bunch of those safeties are better than 6'2". For the real challenge, name me a corner that's 6'2"+ :lol:

Are you a refugee from a basketball board or something? :wallbash: