Comeback game on NFL Network

And even that it was such a great game, it spelled doom for the Bills.

Eugene Robinson.

Jerry Gray.

Kevin Gilbride.

I feel sorry for Warren Moon, but this collection of losers became the Tennessee Titans, which then gifted us with Gregggggggggggggggg Williams, in addition to the above idiots. I knew it was wrong then, and we haven't yet recovered.

Let's see what stupid position Greggo puts Jabari Greer into this season when NO plays the Bills. Don't forget, he was the DC last year in Jacksonville (for just 1 year) when Florence had his fall from grace.

And oh yeah, how many times have the Bills beaten Greggo coached defenses since he left Buffalo? I'm thinking 2-0 (Redskins & Jags).

I don't know who did color on that game, but he was a total douchebag the entire game, absolutely in favor of the Titans (Oilers). When Odomes made that pick in OT, he said that Talley "absolutely mauled" the guy he was covering, Givens. He barely touched the guy. Throughout the game I was pointing out to my wife that the guy was biased, and with that last call, well....they even sought out a skycam view of the play, which in no way showed Talley did anything except cover the guy.

I remember watching that game, nearly giving up.

Good point, TC. In hindsight, the Talley/Givens thing looks a bit shaky to me, like DT was losing coverage, and just "sort of" fell onto Givens' legs. Givens then ran upfield, away from Moon's pass. Beebe's foot was out of bounds, but was there replay then? Not unlike what the Pats* get today, but that was only ONE GAME AND NOT MULTIPLE SEASONS.

I don't know who did color on that game, but he was a total douchebag the entire game, absolutely in favor of the Titans (Oilers). When Odomes made that pick in OT, he said that Talley "absolutely mauled" the guy he was covering, Givens. He barely touched the guy. Throughout the game I was pointing out to my wife that the guy was biased, and with that last call, well....they even sought out a skycam view of the play, which in no way showed Talley did anything except cover the guy.

I remember watching that game, nearly giving up.

Todd Christensen was the color man. Charlie Jones on pxp, IIRC.

I think you mean Eddie Robinson... I dont remember a eugene on the Bills

And even that it was such a great game, it spelled doom for the Bills.

Eugene Robinson.

Jerry Gray.

Kevin Gilbride.

I feel sorry for Warren Moon, but this collection of losers became the Tennessee Titans, which then gifted us with Gregggggggggggggggg Williams, in addition to the above idiots. I knew it was wrong then, and we haven't yet recovered.

Let's see what stupid position Greggo puts Jabari Greer into this season when NO plays the Bills. Don't forget, he was the DC last year in Jacksonville (for just 1 year) when Florence had his fall from grace.

And oh yeah, how many times have the Bills beaten Greggo coached defenses since he left Buffalo? I'm thinking 2-0 (Redskins & Jags).

Absolutely correct, JO. I was typing "Eugene" thinking that it wasn't quite right. Then again, neither am I.

Too many headslaps from Deacon Jones back in the day?

Come to think of it, maybe I am a victim of:

MY OWN SELECTIVE AMNESIA/

Was that Chadwick Pennington that faked Eddie (Eugene) Robinson out of his shoes on that TD scramble?

Why did this team ever hire the Houston/Tennessee/Pittsburgh cast offs? Everyone here gripes about the last ten years, what does the above group tell you?

Marv was a cast off, brought into a new management scheme. All the rest are recycled old ideas. Gilbride got lucky with the NYG. Lebeau knows how to tailor a defense with available personnel. Otherwise we follow trends, and don't set them since the K-Gun. Thats another good question - why didn't more NFL teams adopt the hurry up after seeing the Bills tear it up offensively for four years?

People here lately (defensively speaking) are saying that 3/4 is the flavor of the week, so many teams are trying to adopt it; because it works. Where were all the teams that tried to go with the K-Gun? Not too many I think - that was a special group.

Come to think of it, maybe I am a victim of:

MY OWN SELECTIVE AMNESIA/

Was that Chadwick Pennington that faked Eddie (Eugene) Robinson out of his shoes on that TD scramble?

Why did this team ever hire the Houston/Tennessee/Pittsburgh cast offs? Everyone here gripes about the last ten years, what does the above group tell you?

Marv was a cast off, brought into a new management scheme. All the rest are recycled old ideas. Gilbride got lucky with the NYG. Lebeau knows how to tailor a defense with available personnel. Otherwise we follow trends, and don't set them since the K-Gun. Thats another good question - why didn't more NFL teams adopt the hurry up after seeing the Bills tear it up offensively for four years?

People here lately (defensively speaking) are saying that 3/4 is the flavor of the week, so many teams are trying to adopt it; because it works. Where were all the teams that tried to go with the K-Gun? Not too many I think - that was a special group.

You know, as much crap as we give Kevin Gilbride around here, he has been the coordinator for some of the most prolific offenses in the NFL over the last 20 years or so. Remember when Dan Henning was the worst OC ever? He has had pretty decent succees nearly everywhere else too...

As for the K-Gun, as briliant as the Bills were with it, they weren't really the first to use it (or a variation of it). Remember, when Marv Levy pissed and moaned about Sam Wyches' Bengals team, using almost exclusively a "no-huddle" offense, while not doing anything illeagal, were operating "outside the spirit of the rules" or something like that. Low and behold, the next year, Marv gave Marciabroda and Kelly the green light to unleash the Bills K-Gun, full time, against the Eagles...and never looked back.

I realize, there were some differences in what the Bills and Bengals did... but Wyche was the first to experiment with using it full time...

Good point, TC. In hindsight, the Talley/Givens thing looks a bit shaky to me, like DT was losing coverage, and just "sort of" fell onto Givens' legs. Givens then ran upfield, away from Moon's pass. Beebe's foot was out of bounds, but was there replay then? Not unlike what the Pats* get today, but that was only ONE GAME AND NOT MULTIPLE SEASONS.

Yes, Beebe's foot was out of bounds, but it was after he went by the guy, so big deal. Plus, who's to say they wouldn't have scored in the next couple plays anyway? There was a deep pass to Beebe at the 1 later on that was nullified by a motion penalty on Ballard, and even later an interception by Bailey that killed a drive was rubbed out by a roughing the passer call on Bruce....so there were plenty of calls that the Bills overcame to win this fantastic game.

You know, as much crap as we give Kevin Gilbride around here, he has been the coordinator for some of the most prolific offenses in the NFL over the last 20 years or so. Remember when Dan Henning was the worst OC ever? He has had pretty decent succees nearly everywhere else too...

As for the K-Gun, as briliant as the Bills were with it, they weren't really the first to use it (or a variation of it). Remember, when Marv Levy pissed and moaned about Sam Wyches' Bengals team, using almost exclusively a "no-huddle" offense, while not doing anything illeagal, were operating "outside the spirit of the rules" or something like that. Low and behold, the next year, Marv gave Marciabroda and Kelly the green light to unleash the Bills K-Gun, full time, against the Eagles...and never looked back.

I realize, there were some differences in what the Bills and Bengals did... but Wyche was the first to experiment with using it full time...

And it was the "differences" that caused the outcry. The Bills were not the only team complaining about the Bengals tactics. Part of the Bengals tactics of their "no huddle" was nothing more than a deliberate attempt to generate a cheap "too many players on the field" penalty against the defense.