My off season plan

For the Buffalo Bills to progress forward in 2009 and beyond I suggest following needs to occur;

1. Solidfy the O-Line

2. Find players that can pressure the QB

3. Find someone that can bring pressure off of Lee Evans

That being said, lets consider Free Agency and the 2009 draft as opportunities to improve this team. Here is how I would like the Bills to improve the team to get ready for next season;

Free agency;

* sign / trade for interior lineman. Make our offense our best defense. Convert 2nd / 3rd and shorts and/or give our QB time to find a receiver = gives our competition less opportunities to score points

* sign / trade for TE/WR that can take pressure of off Lee Evans (i.e. Joey Galloway, Torry Holt, etc.)

* sign play making SS (i.e. Sean Jones -a play making defense starter) Slides Donte Whitner to FS and makes Ko Simpson / George Wilson decent back ups

* sign OLB playmaker / depth (i.e. Cato June, Mike Peterson, etc.)

Draft;

We swap the # 11 pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for the # 21 and # 85 picks in the 2009 draft

1. C - Alex Mack (# 21) C - we draft our next Kent Hull and be done with thinking about the C pos for the next 10 years

2. DE/DT - Jarron Gilbert (# 42) DT - 21.5 tackles for loss (TFL) / 9 sacks

3. TE - Jared Cook (# 75) TE - a tight end that can catch and take pressure away from Lee Evans - 37 rec / 573 yds

3a.) TE - Shawn Nelson (# 85) TE - a tight end that can catch and take pressure away from Lee Evans - 53 rec / 557 yds

4. OLB - Zack Follett (# 106) - 23 TFL, 10.5 sacks, four passes broken up and five forced fumbles.

5. OG - # 139 pick traded to Kansas City Chiefs for G Brian Waters

6. DE/OLB - Striker Sulak (# 170) - 15.5 TFL, 10.5 sacks, six passes broken up and six forced fumbles

7. DE/OLB - Brandon Swain (# 202) - 14 sacks, 24.5 tackles for loss and five forced fumbles

Recap -

Solidy interior line - signed Hangartner / draft Alex Mack / traded for Pro Bowl G - Brian Waters

Pressure opposing QB - mock draft above brings in 72 tackles for loss / 44 sacks

Take presure off of Lee Evans - sign veteran receiver / draft Jared Cook & Shawn Nelson