LB Keiaho also visiting

LB Keiaho visits with Bills

The Bills clearly would prefer a seamless transition for any free agent linebacker they might sign, and Freddie Keiaho is the latest example. The Indianapolis Colts free agent visited with the Bills brass on Thursday, and has played in a strikingly similar defensive system to that of Buffalo.

Keiaho (6'0'', 226), a former third-round pick, has been a two-year starter for the Colts where he played weak side linebacker. Last season was the most productive of Keiaho's young career as he finished second the team in tackles with 114 tackles, two quarterback pressures and a pair of fumble recoveries according to coach's statistics.

At age 26, and known as an omnipresent tackler, Keiaho's career is just beginning to take off and would represent good competition for a starting spot in Buffalo's linebacking corps.

Buffalo currently has uncertainty at the strong side linebacker position with Angelo Crowell an unrestricted free agent and Keith Ellison only tendered as a restricted free agent.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...78-dceec932a1cf

yup yup

edit- and here's his interview

Good player. Strong tackler, at his best in pursuit, is not a liability in coverage. His biggest weakness is that he relies too much on speed, and if he has to plant his feet and fight through a head-on block, he will have some difficulty. So wherever he goes, the stronger the defensive front the better production the team will see out of him.

Obviously, a lot of you have never seen this guy play with all the "undersized" and "Ellison" comparisons.

This guy is a football player, plain and simple. He can tackle, he's good in coverage, and he's knows the defense very well. Plus, he is young and would make a great pairing with Poz.

I am hoping we sign him - it would be a HUGE upgrade.

I don't care who it is just sign someone for christ sake. I've never recieved so many vtexts saying so and so is visiting. Send me one that says BILLS sign XXXX.

Thats exactly the way I feel. For being only 6 days into free agency, we've dealt with too many disappointments. Just throw us a god damn bone here.

Obviously, a lot of you have never seen this guy play with all the "undersized" and "Ellison" comparisons.

This guy is a football player, plain and simple. He can tackle, he's good in coverage, and he's knows the defense very well. Plus, he is young and would make a great pairing with Poz.

I am hoping we sign him - it would be a HUGE upgrade.

Wow finally a smart post! Good job CJ!

I'd rather have him than June.