Today I un-did what I previously did.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great move by Brandon. The good news here is that the Bills final got the message from fans. I think it is because enough of us decided not to re-up the season tickets that they are forced to make a big move like that. And I am glad they did it. Imagine if the Jets or the Fish got him first?

I cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket.

Reason being not that I think Owens is a prick (he is, that's just not why). The reason is that I still don't see this team going any better than 7-9 with Jauron coaching, and the Owens signing looks less like a football move to me than a PR move - a successful PR move, given how much less negativity there seems to be about the Bills now that they've signed Owens.

But a strictly PR move nonetheless...and I'm a football fan, not a PR fan.

I really believe last year was such a huge year for tix sales for 2 reasons the teams potential but more importantly the toronto series taking away 2 games from season tix packages including a preseason game I come in from CT it was my first year buying tix and I will continue to buy them as long as they play games in toronto but, I enjoyed myself so much last year I wiill probobly buy season tix as long as they are in Buffalo. In a way I feel Im doing my part to keep them in Buffalo. sec322 row32

Reason being not that I think Owens is a prick (he is, that's just not why). The reason is that I still don't see this team going any better than 7-9 with Jauron coaching, and the Owens signing looks less like a football move to me than a PR move - a successful PR move, given how much less negativity there seems to be about the Bills now that they've signed Owens.

By all accounts going into this year Josh reed was going to be our number 2 receiver. Over the last 3 years he has caught a grand total of 3 td passes. Over the last 3 years TO has caught 38 td passes. How anybody thinks this is not a major upgrade I really have to question whether they even watch football.

By all accounts going into this year Josh reed was going to be our number 2 receiver. Over the last 3 years he has caught a grand total of 3 td passes. Over the last 3 years TO has caught 38 td passes. How anybody thinks this is not a major upgrade I really have to question whether they even watch football.

Didn't say it wasn't an upgrade. Said it was a shameless PR move, and don't think it will help Jauron win more than 7 games.

Didn't say it wasn't an upgrade. Said it was a shameless PR move, and don't think it will help Jauron win more than 7 games.

Your contradicting yourself. You say it was an upgrade but in the next sentence say it was a shameless PR move. Sometimes the bills just can't win with some of the fans. Do nothing & they get ripped for standing pat, bring in a guy like TO & they get ripped for making a PR move. I look at some of the receivers still out there & guys like Joey galloway & Amani Toomer are not much upgrades then what we have now. TO certainly is. All I know is the Buffalo Bills are a much better team, at least on paper, today then they were last week.

This is a very sane and rational move...the TO bandwagoners have clearly lost their minds.

Your contradicting yourself. You say it was an upgrade but in the next sentence say it was a shameless PR move. Sometimes the bills just can't win with some of the fans. Do nothing & they get ripped for standing pat, bring in a guy like TO & they get ripped for making a PR move. I look at some of the receivers still out there & guys like Joey galloway & Amani Toomer are not much upgrades then what we have now. TO certainly is. All I know is the Buffalo Bills are a much better team, at least on paper, today then they were last week.

Those aren't contradictory. It may have been an upgrade at the position, but that hardly means it helps the team (just ask every other team that Owens has played for). And just because it was an upgrade at the position, doesn't mean it wasn't a shameless PR move - upgrade or not, receiver is one of the few positions that wasn't a problem area for this team. So they upgraded a position that didn't really need upgrading, and in the meantime still have a line that can't block and will get the QB killed, and a perennial 7-9 coach who's entire philosophy is based on coaching to mediocrity and achieving greater through blind luck.

Upgrading a position that didn't really need upgrading isn't going to rescue this team from Jauron on Sunday afternoons. It does, however, generate interest and excitement in fan base that was seriously pissed off at a team that collapsed and underachieved last season at the hands of a consistently mediocre coach. Hence, shameless PR move, and no contradiction at all.

If that means I'm not a Bills fan, because I'm not delusional about it...well, how many of you still watch replays of Scott Norwood's kick, and lean to the left thinking maybe this time it'll go through? :blink: Delusion is what being a Bills fan is all about...so I guess I'm not.

Those aren't contradictory. It may have been an upgrade at the position, but that hardly means it helps the team (just ask every other team that Owens has played for). And just because it was an upgrade at the position, doesn't mean it wasn't a shameless PR move - upgrade or not, receiver is one of the few positions that wasn't a problem area for this team. So they upgraded a position that didn't really need upgrading, and in the meantime still have a line that can't block and will get the QB killed, and a perennial 7-9 coach who's entire philosophy is based on coaching to mediocrity and achieving greater through blind luck.

Upgrading a position that didn't really need upgrading isn't going to rescue this team from Jauron on Sunday afternoons. It does, however, generate interest and excitement in fan base that was seriously pissed off at a team that collapsed and underachieved last season at the hands of a consistently mediocre coach. Hence, shameless PR move, and no contradiction at all.

If that means I'm not a Bills fan, because I'm not delusional about it...well, how many of you still watch replays of Scott Norwood's kick, and lean to the left thinking maybe this time it'll go through? :blink: Delusion is what being a Bills fan is all about...so I guess I'm not.

We will have to agree disagree that WR was not a position the bills needed to upgrade. I thought the pass protection for the most part last year was decent. IMO, the biggest problem with the offense last year was guys were unable to get open & when they did get open the QB for whatever reason failed to deliver the ball. Hopefully that improves now that Edwards has a full year of starts under his belt.

I'm going to go ahead and say that you don't watch too closely on Sundays and that maybe cancelling the ticket was a wise move. How anyone can think WR wasn't a position that needed to be upgraded is beyond me. In fact I just flat out don't believe you. I think that most of the fans who are sour about the move, just can't get over their dislike of TO. I'm not going to fault anyone who dislikes him but lets at least fess up. It's not worth trying to argue that we were all set with offensive weapons prior to signing him.

No. 3cheese said "crawling" back. This was a dead-on sprint. :blink:

I did that once about 6 years ago..Bledchoke....Not falling for the Bills Save the day marketing ploy anymore..I will go to my 1 or 2 games a year and maybe if they dont screw it up even enjoy watching a full football game more than 5 times next yr on tv..LOL..BUt if it is the same old BAd game management we have seen over the past 9 yrs it wont matter if Jesus played for them..They will still make that long walk back to the parking lot and that ride home more angrier than in the past I will wait to jump on the bandwagon of spending my hard earned money on this team until they prove they arent the same old Bills..I still love em but I aint spending my money till they prove it...No more will I be sold a bill of goods....

I'm going to go ahead and say that you don't watch too closely on Sundays and that maybe cancelling the ticket was a wise move. How anyone can think WR wasn't a position that needed to be upgraded is beyond me. In fact I just flat out don't believe you. I think that most of the fans who are sour about the move, just can't get over their dislike of TO. I'm not going to fault anyone who dislikes him but lets at least fess up. It's not worth trying to argue that we were all set with offensive weapons prior to signing him.

I'm going to go ahead and say that you're a potato head, since you clearly didn't read a single damned thing I typed, which was: upgrading the WR position doesn't make a damn bit of difference, when it wasn't a position that NEEDED upgrading and won't help the team win any more games, since coaching and other, weaker positions are what are going to determine this team's mediocrity. Replacing Reed with Owens isn't going to make a damn bit of difference to a team that can't block, can't pass rush, can't stop the run, and is coached not to win, but to "be in a position to win" in the final two minutes. Owens is just the difference between a 7-9 team, and a more disappointing 7-9 team.

But he's got all you pinheads excited about the Bills playoff chances next year, so the shameless PR move worked. Ironically, it worked so well that it blinds you to how shameless a PR move it was.

I'm going to go ahead and say that you're a potato head, since you clearly didn't read a single damned thing I typed, which was: upgrading the WR position doesn't make a damn bit of difference, when it wasn't a position that NEEDED upgrading and won't help the team win any more games, since coaching and other, weaker positions are what are going to determine this team's mediocrity. Replacing Reed with Owens isn't going to make a damn bit of difference to a team that can't block, can't pass rush, can't stop the run, and is coached not to win, but to "be in a position to win" in the final two minutes. Owens is just the difference between a 7-9 team, and a more disappointing 7-9 team.

But he's got all you pinheads excited about the Bills playoff chances next year, so the shameless PR move worked. Ironically, it worked so well that it blinds you to how shameless a PR move it was.

The only reason the Cardinals were in the Super Bowl was their passing game. It certainly wasn't because of their defense or running game. Without that receiver corps, that was a 5-11 team.

The only reason the Cardinals were in the Super Bowl was their passing game. It certainly wasn't because of their defense or running game. Without that receiver corps, that was a 5-11 team.

I'd add in the work by their OL. Warner is pretty good at ducking a rush and is quick on the decisions - that line gave him enough time.