The Bills and MNF

duey

Now I was sure I had read that the Bills had asked the NFL to refrain from scheduling Monday and Sunday night games in Buffalo due to the fact that this team draws from such a large area, and the Bills didn't want their fans driving 4 hours home at 2 in the morning.

From TD's mouth comes the real story...

Raul Nava Cossi (Mexico D.F.): I've been a great Buffalo Bills fan for about 14 years. Why hasn't ESPN or ABC given us a game at home on Sunday or Monday night for about the past 10 years? The last one I recall was Monday night against Cincinnati and Andre Reed still played that season.

TD: The last Monday night game was in 1994 with Denver. We would welcome one. There has been some speculation that we have discouraged the League from giving us a Monday night game or a Sunday night game, but that is not the case. We would be excited to have one and hopefully next year when that schedule comes out, the Bills will be on it.

WTF NFL?!?! We've had some decent teams since 1994. Of course, the Dolfags are always good for at least four prime time appearances.

I'd rather see us be able to compete and win more consistently, to be honest. The few prime time games we have played recently have been an exercise in humility. The KC game comes to mind from last year. And I'm not exactly looking forward to playing the Patriots on Sunday night in two weeks.

It's bad enough that we have to play the Patriots, but just the idea of playing the Patriots and listening to Paul McGuire gush about them makes me thankful for the mute button.

I think it sucks! I think night games are fun and it is a bigger home field advantage. Those games you reference Paco (KC and Pats) were/are away games. I think once this team is more competitive it will be a huge advantage to have NE or Pitt or another contender AT Buffalo rather than traveling to their home stadium to play in front of a jacked up MNF crowd.

I think it is ridiculous how we used to always be scheduled AT Miami on Monday night.

its probably because al michaels and john fatso are scared of the cold weather and the lack of entertainment around these parts. we certainly cant compare to miami.  :lol:

95887[/snapback]

I heard that Madden was particularly fond of the ballet....

:doh:

i was at the Jets night game a few years ago... awesome game, we kicked their butts... it was like a week or two after Vinny blew his achillies and the Jets were down... I brought a friend of mine to his first NFL game and he watched more of the fights in the stands than he did the game. When we were walking out of the stadium, this Jets fan was bleeding from his face with a cop standing right next to him and he was saying "you saw that guy hit me, why don't you do something?" and the cop just looked at him like he was crazy.... couldn't believe it. hahahaha... that was a crazy night... sooooooo many fights and people running around on top of the new luxury boxes... crazy crazy night