Proven talent versus 1st round picks

SKOOBY

I agree with you 100%. George Allen used to trade just about all of his draft picks for proven players, he didn't do to bad. Especially in todays NFL, by the time a player reaches his potential it is time for him to leave Buffalo as a Free Agent. Such as Jabari Greer, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Jim Leonard, and several more. It is almost like the Bills are a farm team for much of the rest of the NFL.

You build through the draft. Daniel Snyder tried to build through FA and always traded away their picks and it didn't work. Then you have a team like San Diego who has a lot of homegrown talent and they built a talented winner.

I think you must build through the draft and add some key FAs to fill holes and add veteran experience.

You can't simply build your team through free agency. Players in the draft are generally a lot cheaper, except for the first five picks overall. It would cost way too much loot to build your team with free agents. The Bills do need to keep their own when their contracts are up, I'll give you that.