Royal signs with Cleveland

Fingon

Free agent TE Robert Royal told the Cleveland Plain Dealer Wednesday night that he's signed a deal with the Browns.

"Everything should be official by (Thursday)," he said. Royal is a decent blocker, but offers little in the pass game. He'd likely be Cleveland's starter if the season began today. Steve Heiden tore his ACL and MCL late last year.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

With Scheffler on the block, and a very deep TE class... this could be a great year for getting a TE.

It could be

We should at least be calling Denver to see what they would want for Scheffler.

A third round draft choice?

I think that would be good for both teams

It could be

We should at least be calling Denver to see what they would want for Scheffler.

A third round draft choice?

I think that would be good for both teams

i don't know, if i were the broncos... i wouldn't let him leave for anything less than a 2nd.

i don't know, if i were the broncos... i wouldn't let him leave for anything less than a 2nd.

you may be right.

But remember, McDaniels will probably want to use the 3 wideout 1 TE formation. That's what they used in N.E and in that formation they need a TE that can block. So Scheffler doesn't fit the description.

But you may be right, just because he doesn't fit doesn't mean you trade him away for below market value.

you may be right.

But remember, McDaniels will probably want to use the 3 wideout 1 TE formation. That's what they used in N.E and in that formation they need a TE that can block. So Scheffler doesn't fit the description.

But you may be right, just because he doesn't fit doesn't mean you trade him away for below market value.

McDaniels has already talked about that, and has pretty much named Graham the starter

Royal will be with Cleveland when they play Buffalo this season. He'll probably catch a TD and go for 100 yards.

haha, scratch that, 389 yards with 11 TDs. It will forever be known as......The Royal Game

Free agent TE Robert Royal told the Cleveland Plain Dealer Wednesday night that he's signed a deal with the Browns.

"Everything should be official by (Thursday)," he said. Royal is a decent blocker, but offers little in the pass game. He'd likely be Cleveland's starter if the season began today. Steve Heiden tore his ACL and MCL late last year.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Wow, and we were all PO'd when they "stole" Rucker out from under us.