So the general TSW feeling is no matter what we do

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. That seems illogical.

If you're taking one side of an argument, it follows that you believe that course of action is beneficial, in other words, it won't suck.

Seems like all you're really pointing out is that people on here disagree, which is obvious and inevitable. But what they're disagreeing on is how to not suck.

While this very true, I think the OP was pointing out the fact that regardless of what the Bills do in attempt to improve themselves, there will be some faction(s) of the fan base that will still complain the Bills did not address problem "x" (which is the REAL problem), and therefore we should not be surprised the Bills will still suck.

In other words, while everybody is disagreeing on "how not to suck", the majority seem to be focused on finding that "one" thing that provides the most bang for the buck. (or at the very least, how the numerous problems need to be prioritized)

I say HC. Somebody else says QB. A third says OL. Another says "pass rush" (personally, I do not get that one. Yes, the Bills need a better pass rush, but how does that help correct an inept O?)

While this very true, I think the OP was pointing out the fact that regardless of what the Bills do in attempt to improve themselves, there will be some faction(s) of the fan base that will still complain the Bills did not address problem "x" (which is the REAL problem), and therefore we should not be surprised the Bills will still suck.

In other words, while everybody is disagreeing on "how not to suck", the majority seem to be focused on finding that "one" thing that provides the most bang for the buck. (or at the very least, how the numerous problems need to be prioritized)

I say HC. Somebody else says QB. A third says OL. Another says "pass rush" (personally, I do not get that one. Yes, the Bills need a better pass rush, but how does that help correct an inept O?)

:wallbash: I agree HC is #1. I know you don't agree with me, but I would put QB at #2 especially since they signed Ryan to back up Trent. #3 OL #4 the rest of the team.

Losers always suck. We could sign 15 pro bowlers and I would still temper my optimism. Buffalo officially has a losing culture. Typically that changes through a change in personnel or coaching, we have chosen to change neither. What do you think the result will me. My gripe is with the FO. We don't even have a GM. This team is a laughingstock and will remain one until RW bites it or recovers his faculties.

Well said- I think we all treat the Bills like a Parent treats their child coming home with a D minus report card, some will want to hold that child and tell him it's ok you are a beautiful unique snowflake, others will want to give him a kick in the butt and tell them to start working harder.

:wallbash:

Well, one point I'd stress is that Marv didn't start winning until his 3rd year, and he had Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, etc.

No one would have been more pleased than me to see a coaching change or an upgrade at offensive coordinator, maybe bring in someone like...

Mike Leach

But all this incessant whining that we are destined to suck out loud - before the draft, before free agency runs its course, before we see if any trades are consummated - seems like a bunch of defeatist self-flagellation.

I understand there was a need to vent after last season - it's time to end the catharsis...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I tend to agree completely - which is why I've tried to limit my posts on most of the trade/FA talk (hence me reading the PPP board more - as bad as that may be at least it's humorous). It is what it is I suppose. So, I'm trying not to B word too much. But, I'm also not getting too excited. I'm still firmly implanted in the passive observer phase.

I'm glad people still have hope for the season and our off season moves thus far And I really want them to be right. Unfortunately, I just can't get excited about any of it yet. Sucks.

Which is why I don't understand Senator's point.

I don't think you actually believe the Bills will suck no matter what. If they fired Jauron and signed a deal with Shanahan or Cowher tomorrow, would you still have no hope?

Personally, I think a lot of our problems stem from the quarterback position. If the Bills got Peyton Manning tomorrow in a trade, I'd be downright ecstatic about our chances this year.

I think its true that no matter what Buffalo does, there will be SOMEONE on here who is still pessimistic...thats because there's so many people on here, you're bound to have at least a few who don't see Bill Cowher and Peyton Manning as enough...maybe they want Julius Peppers instead.

But I do think most of us have something that could get us excited about 2009. Here we are arguing about what that something should be, and thats without Cowher, Manning or Peppers being in play.

The problem with the Bills' approach is they refuse to throw you a fuggin bone once in awhile, so it gets tough to be optimistic. Obviously there are no Cowhers, Mannings or Peppers' coming any time soon. Hell, we can't even pay the going rate for Laveraneus freakin' Coles.

Which is why I don't understand Senator's point.

I don't think you actually believe the Bills will suck no matter what. If they fired Jauron and signed a deal with Shanahan or Cowher tomorrow, would you still have no hope?

Personally, I think a lot of our problems stem from the quarterback position. If the Bills got Peyton Manning tomorrow in a trade, I'd be downright ecstatic about our chances this year.

You've got the points, you just need to connect them. It's nothing more than a general consensus or majority vote.

Let's look at this way. Let's take three valid arguments: coaching, QB, OL

You say QB is the biggest problem.

I say coaching is the biggest problem.

TSW member "X" says OL is the biggest problem.

General consensus among us 3 is the Bills suck because they have not addressed the coaching/QB/OL problem.

Scenario: Right after the season, Ralph was fuming about the teams collapse after a 5-1 start. Extension be damned, he cuts loose Jauron and brings in another HC.

I am thrilled with the new choice.

General consensus:

Me: Happy

You: Unhappy - still have not addressed the QB problem

"X": Unhappy - they do not get it. Until the OL is fixed, nothing will work.

Overall: 1 yeah, 2 nay = Bills still suck.

So, unless the Bills address the vast majority of the problems impacting this team, the overall general consensus will always be the "Bills suck".

Just think, if the Bills would just solve the Owner/GM/HC/QB/OL/TE/WR/DT/DE/"Pass Rush" problem this offseason, the vast majority of us Bills fans would be happy campers.

I think its true that no matter what Buffalo does, there will be SOMEONE on here who is still pessimistic...thats because there's so many people on here, you're bound to have at least a few who don't see Bill Cowher and Peyton Manning as enough...maybe they want Julius Peppers instead.

But I do think most of us have something that could get us excited about 2009. Here we are arguing about what that something should be, and thats without Cowher, Manning or Peppers being in play.

The problem with the Bills' approach is they refuse to throw you a fuggin bone once in awhile, so it gets tough to be optimistic. Obviously there are no Cowhers, Mannings or Peppers' coming any time soon. Hell, we can't even pay the going rate for Laveraneus freakin' Coles.

I am not surprised by Coles decision. I had posted in another thread that it was obvious Coles had little to no desire to play in Buffalo, and that I would not surprised to learn his contract is similar to the one Buffalo offered.

As it turns out, and without knowing the finer details of the actual offers, Buffalo was willing to pay $6m a year for up to 4 years, and Coles ends up signing for $7m a year for 4 years.

I am not surprised by Coles decision. I had posted in another thread that it was obvious Coles had little to no desire to play in Buffalo, and that I would not surprised to learn his contract is similar to the one Buffalo offered.

As it turns out, and without knowing the finer details of the actual offers, Buffalo was willing to pay $6m a year for up to 4 years, and Coles ends up signing for $7m a year for 4 years.

It wouldn't surprise me one iota if Parker had Coles visit the Bills first as a bit of pay back to Russ Hardball Brandon. (Insert applause.) Brandon gets to spend his valuable initial FA time on Coles (rather than players that may actually be interested) and does Parker the favor of setting the market price. Coles and Parker never had any intention of signing but take the offer to others to match and when they find a dance partner, they sign.

Hardball, baby! :rolleyes: Comedic genius.