obama to create up to 250,000 new.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like I'll be paying for Iraq for the rest of my life?

That is exactly right!!!

I'll never understand how you guys miss the relationship between governmental 'power' and government doing things you don't 'like'. Ceding power and authority (government job creation, bailouts, burdensome regulation, etc...) to government over time only makes it more likely that things like the Iraq war happen... you get that, right?

Welcome to the downside of big government. When you turn over so much power and cash, you ought not be surprised when they use a lot of it for things that totally suck.

Leading us to Blzrul#27: When Republicans spend recklessly, it's a level of irresponsible idiocy yet to be seen in the history of the world. When Democrats spend recklessly, it's what is best for everyone and a mandate of the people.

Leading us to Blzrul#27: When Republicans spend recklessly, it's a level of irresponsible idiocy yet to be seen in the history of the world. When Democrats spend recklessly, it's what is best for everyone and a mandate of the people.

Not to shoot a hole in your theory, but doesn't congress do the budget approvals?

Not to shoot a hole in your theory, but doesn't congress do the budget approvals?

Leading us to Blzrul#16: When Republicans have the majority in Congress, they are evil, mean-spirited, reckless-spending idiots the likes of which the world has never seen. When Democrats control Congress, they are victims of lies and skewed data that forces their hands to do things they would never otherwise do if only a Democrat was president.

Leading us to Blzrul#16: When Republicans have the majority in Congress, they are evil, mean-spirited, reckless-spending idiots the likes of which the world has never seen. When Democrats control Congress, they are victims of lies and skewed data that forces their hands to do things they would never otherwise do if only a Democrat was president.

Another hole. I thought there was one?

You have to take it as a entire work of art as it pertains to a history of posting. These aren't rules for today. These are rules for all days.

That's some f'ed up logic. You really have to be unstable to put that string of events together.

Welcome to the downside of big government. When you turn over so much power and cash, you ought not be surprised when they use a lot of it for things that totally suck.

That is exactly right!!!

I'll never understand how you guys miss the relationship between governmental 'power' and government doing things you don't 'like'. Ceding power and authority (government job creation, bailouts, burdensome regulation, etc...) to government over time only makes it more likely that things like the Iraq war happen... you get that, right?

Oh man you guys! We're almost at a breakthrough here! We're SO close to agreeing on something! Isn't it exciting!?

I don't have the time right now at work to lay out why I personally draw the distinction between social programs and defense spending, but more so, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the warm fuzzies!

I don't have the time right now at work to lay out why I personally draw the distinction between social programs and defense spending, but more so, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the warm fuzzies!

I'll let you know when I care about your distinctions. You need to face reality and understand that the majority of the time, there aren't going to be people in power think the way you do and the best way to reign that in is to minimize the amount of power/cash they get their hands on.

I'll let you know when I care about your distinctions. You need to face reality and understand that the majority of the time, there aren't going to be people in power think the way you do and the best way to reign that in is to minimize the amount of power/cash they get their hands on.

This post doesn't make any sense:

1. There will always be people in power.
  2. They will always have ideas I disagree with.
  3. Until taxes are repealed, those in power will have the ability to distribute the money I give them.

How do you expect me and my singular vote to "reign that in?" So long as we vote in a two-party system, there's going to be an orgy of spending. The distinction I make--that you don't care about--is that I see some investments as being more worthwhile than others. I suppose your suggestion would be to vote for no investments, whatsoever. Sure, I could vote that way, and I commend you if you do, but it seems in the end, your only TRUE choices are the turd sandwhich or the giant douche.

This post doesn't make any sense:

1. There will always be people in power.
  2. They will always have ideas I disagree with.
  3. Until taxes are repealed, those in power will have the ability to distribute the money I give them.

How do you expect me and my singular vote to "reign that in?" So long as we vote in a two-party system, there's going to be an orgy of spending. The distinction I make--that you don't care about--is that I see some investments as being more worthwhile than others. I suppose your suggestion would be to vote for no investments, whatsoever. Sure, I could vote that way, and I commend you if you do, but it seems in the end, your only TRUE choices are the turd sandwhich or the giant douche.

Cat, you really ARE starting to get it, aren't you? Good for you kid!

Cat, you really ARE starting to get it, aren't you? Good for you kid!

I'm a very verbal person--it goes hand in hand with what a do do here in Chicago, long form improv. I've always gotten it, but often these disputes get so side-tracked that I'm unable to express myself as fully as I would if we were actually conversing about this in person.

I'm a very verbal person--it goes hand in hand with what a do do here in Chicago, long form improv. I've always gotten it, but often these disputes get so side-tracked that I'm unable to express myself as fully as I would if we were actually conversing about this in person.

So you're in show business?