Enough FA Stuff: CJPEARL2's Mock Draft V.1

I'm getting a Coles-induced headache this week. Therefore, I need to spend some time putting together a Mock Draft. This is an attempt at a realistic wish-list, even though so many of these draft positions may change drastically in the next month.

My picks in this draft make some assumptions. And they are that Buffalo will sign June or another LB to take Ellison's spot - and this may happen as early as today. Finally, I am not taking into account trades - trade up/trades down, since they are impossible to predict.

Round 1 (11) - BJ Raji, DT, Boston College. I honestly don't think he will last to us. And if not, look for Pettigrew here or maybe a DE. If he does last to #11, we better jump all over this pick. Fast, strong, pro-type NFL DT with very good skills that will only be enhanced next to Stroud (and learning with Stroud). Helps solidify our line against the run. Single blockers (doubles on Stroud) will give him a chance to get sacks.

Round 2 (2) - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee. I would kill for this guy in the second round but his stock is rising and may not last this long. He could very well be our pick at #11, so this may be wishful thinking. Adds instant cred to our DE position.

Round 3 (75) - Herman Johnson, G, LSU. Beast. Long arms, strong. Huge upside at guard and compars to Leonard Davis at the pro level. With some work - and he needs some - he could be very solid. This may be a stretch here, since his size could vault him to 2nd round.

Round 4 (106) - Marcus Freeman, OLB, OSU. Give us some depth at OLB. Freeman is a tackling machine and above-average in coverage. Could be a good fit for our Cover-2 (god, I hate the cover-2).

Round 5 (139) - David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame. Good size and speed for a FS. Played as ND defensive captain. Good ball hawk and very athletic. Could be an above-average special teamer.

Round 6 (170) - Dallas Reynolds, C, BYU. Decent size (6'4" 314), athletic, played all 3 line positions at BYU. Would provide good depth at center and guard.

Round 7 (203) - Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri. Why not? It's the last pick. Very productive college career in a tough conference. ABring him in and see if he can secure the 3rd string spot.lthough I assume the Chroise will have something to say about this.

Like it but I'd look at going TE in round 3 as I think there will be some great value there in the third.....I'm not that big on Herman Johnson, he's huge but not very athletic and has crappy footwork.

I think I'm going to do a mock draft too. Maybe Stafford in the first round, Orakpo in the second, Crabtree in the third, Raji in the fourth. In the fifth we'll have to decide between Sanchez and Pettigrew. Tough choices.

I know, I realized that half way through. Thus the disclaimer. But you never know.

I like all the players, except herman johnson. He scares me and I would stay away. I think Freeman will be better than Lauranitis, and I think Bruton could step in and start right away. Obviously Raji would be amazing, but he won't be available. Jerry is I guy I really like though, and I wouldn't object to him at 11.