Sabres trade for Mikael Tellqvist from Phoenix

RayFinkle

I doubt Tellqvist gets picked up on waivers if they do send him down, and I doubt that they keep three goalies up once they know that Ryan is healthy.

They'd typically have a 3rd goalie up with the team for the playoffs anyway. By the time Miller is back, we may be talking about 5 or so games. There's no harm in keep Tellqvist around at that point. Also, if he was solid enough to go for a 4th round draft pick, he could easily be claimed, especially if any potential playoff team has a depth situation similar to ours.

They'd typically have a 3rd goalie up with the team for the playoffs anyway. By the time Miller is back, we may be talking about 5 or so games. There's no harm in keep Tellqvist around at that point. Also, if he was solid enough to go for a 4th round draft pick, he could easily be claimed, especially if any potential playoff team has a depth situation similar to ours.

Maybe. I just have a hard time believing they will carry three goalies down the stretch run, especially since the goalie situation in Portland has been tough. The playoffs I can understand - but for another month of the regular season? That mean TG will have to steal even more sugar packets than he already does. :lol:

Maybe. I just have a hard time believing they will carry three goalies down the stretch run, especially since the goalie situation in Portland has been tough. The playoffs I can understand - but for another month of the regular season? That mean TG will have to steal even more sugar packets than he already does. :wallbash:

It all depends on whether or not Tellqvist has a two way contract. If he doesn't, they'd be paying him the same amount regardless of where he's playing (unless claimed off waivers).

:thumbsup: at Marty Biron as grit.

Hey it was something!

Anyway...

Nice how when they (the Sabres) can enter the driver's seat at little bit (last night's game) in the standings They come out and lay an egg! :thumbdown:

Like I couldn't have wrote the script to the Otters game an hour prior to opening face-off. :D