Sabres trade for Mikael Tellqvist from Phoenix

RayFinkle

Or clank they clank the iron... Two shots the last two games and results may be differnent... Lalime did all he could.

3 goals scored in 3 games? the farm team can do that

This is why they got him instead of someone like Biron who could step in as a starter:

The 29-year-old is earning US$800,000 and will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

He's just going to be a backup for Lalime, and they'll let him go after the season.

these philly fans hate biron. I would have loved to have him back. Nope, not ok with the MIGHTY QUINN!!!!! f this guy.

See PastaJoe's post. The Sabres weren't going to take on the rest of Marty's $3.5M contract when they could gete a comparable backup for a fraction of the cost - especially when the newest backup would most likely have to be waived and/or sent down to Portland when Ryan returns.

See PastaJoe's post. The Sabres weren't going to take on the rest of Marty's $3.5M contract when they could gete a comparable backup for a fraction of the cost - especially when the newest backup would most likely have to be waived and/or sent down to Portland when Ryan returns.

Not to start up an argument... I know where you stand Bm and respect that.

Yet...

I would take Biron's $3.5M "loud mouth" on the bench anyday with this Sabres team! IMO, money well spent for the sure shear motivational factor! It is the closest thing to "grit" we had in a long time!

:rolleyes:

Not to start up an argument... I know where you stand Bm and respect that.

Yet...

I would take Biron's $3.5M "loud mouth" on the bench anyday with this Sabres team! IMO, money well spent for the sure shear motivational factor! It is the closest thing to "grit" we had in a long time!

:thumbdown:

:doh: at Marty Biron as grit.

Looks like we got our new goalie...

LINK

Looks like we got our new backup to our backup thats starting because our starter is out and our other backup was a starter for a minor league team that is so injured they currently don't have a backup for the backup that was starting because their starter got called up...... :thumbdown:

So, 1) Miller is out for the season

2) he's a temp and someone gets booted when/if Miller comes back

3) then was a draft pick wasted?

Miller is probably not out for the rest of the regular season, but if he does miss a majority of the stretch run Tellqvist is capable enough to backup Lalime and give him a couple nights off here and there. Picking up Tellqvist also allows Buffalo to return Enroth to Portland, so he can continue to play and develop, and when Miller comes back Tellqvist will be sent down to Portland to give the organziation some goalie depth. The whole Sabres organization has been hit hard with goaltender injuries in the last few months - Dennis is out, the backup they signed to replace him broke his collarbone and is out, plus Miller - so they were pretty much signing guys off the street to play in Portland in recent weeks.

Miller is probably not out for the rest of the regular season, but if he does miss a majority of the stretch run Tellqvist is capable enough to backup Lalime and give him a couple nights off here and there. Picking up Tellqvist also allows Buffalo to return Enroth to Portland, so he can continue to play and develop, and when Miller comes back Tellqvist will be sent down to Portland to give the organziation some goalie depth. The whole Sabres organization has been hit hard with goaltender injuries in the last few months - Dennis is out, the backup they signed to replace him broke his collarbone and is out, plus Miller - so they were pretty much signing guys off the street to play in Portland in recent weeks.

I don't think that will happen. There is no roster limit now, so they probably wouldn't risk waivers on Tellqvist just in case Miller isn't completely healthy.

I don't think that will happen. There is no roster limit now, so they probably wouldn't risk waivers on Tellqvist just in case Miller isn't completely healthy.

I doubt Tellqvist gets picked up on waivers if they do send him down, and I doubt that they keep three goalies up once they know that Ryan is healthy.