Bledsoe #1 in NFL Sunday in Red Zone

AKC

With 5 scores in 5 trips to the Red Zone Sunday Drew Bledsoe had the league's highest points per Red Zone penetration among all QBs with multiple Red Zone opportunities in week 8.

Arizona's #1 ranking in Red Zone Defense entering the game comes in a year of diminishing Red Zone scoring from teams league wide, a statistic attributed by some to increased pressure up the middle by defensive lines/ improved physicality of corners/ more spread formations being used in the RZ and inviting pressure packages from defenses.

Arizona's fast start on defense in '04 was helped mightily by the addition of Darnell Docket to play alongside Russell Davis in the middle of their DLine, and until Sunday the duo had created plenty of RZ pressure against teams like New England ( held to just 3 FGs in 4 Red Zone opportunities in the second half of their 23-12 week 2 game ), their 6-3 loss to Michael Vick and the Falcons ( 2 FGs in 4 RZ opps) or their 25-17 win over Seattle in Week 7.

don't confuse the issue for me....Drew Bledsoe sucks ! ! !

95812[/snapback]

Of course he does, and never let any facts that challenge that premise get in the way of allowing your opinion to be overtly influenced by those who spend every Sunday watching the football on every snap. There's probably lots of us who could throw for more yards than all but 10 QBs in the history of the NFL!

And......Jay Fiedler was 13-of-17 for 203 yards against St. Louis, with touchdown passes of 42 and 71 yards. Miami ran for 117 yards, pulled off a couple of successful trick plays, and didn't commit a turnover after entering the game with a league-high 17.

Just goes to show ya....even a blind squirrel... :D

And......Jay Fiedler was 13-of-17 for 203 yards against St. Louis, with touchdown passes of 42 and 71 yards. Miami ran for 117 yards, pulled off a couple of successful trick plays, and didn't commit a turnover after entering the game with a league-high 17.

Just goes to show ya....even a blind squirrel... :D

95822[/snapback]

Shouldn't you be preparing to soften up the Jets for us?

;-)

Shouldn't you be preparing to soften up the Jets for us?

;-)

95824[/snapback]

Will do....prolly gonna let C. Martin get real tired out running for 150+......while the Jet offense gets equally tired while being on the field for 40+ minutes..... :D

btw....the only way the JP for president campaign is slowed at all is with a BIG win streak by the Bills....if loss number 7 comes before December.....JP, JP, JP!!!! And I don't mean Jay Phiedler....or A.J. Pheeley....

Will do....prolly gonna let C. Martin get real tired out running for 150+......while the Jet offense gets equally tired while being on the field for 40+ minutes..... :doh:

btw....the only way the JP for president campaign is slowed at all is with a BIG win streak by the Bills....if loss number 7 comes before December.....JP, JP, JP!!!!  And I don't mean Jay Phiedler....or A.J.  Pheeley....

95831[/snapback]

It might brighten your outlook to know that Martin's numbers through the year have declined in all but one week (against SanFran)

I just don't understand why everyone can't love this guy as much as you do.

Bledsoe is a football God.

Let's put him in the HOF right NOW!

His performance last Sunday proves EVERYTHING!

He can do no wrong and his detractors just simply don't get it that they're Maroons.

[/PSYCHE]

With 5 scores in 5 trips to the Red Zone Sunday Drew Bledsoe had the league's highest points per Red Zone penetration among all QBs with multiple Red Zone opportunities in week 8.

Arizona's #1 ranking in Red Zone Defense entering the game comes in a year of diminishing Red Zone scoring from teams league wide, a statistic attributed by some to increased pressure up the middle by defensive lines/ improved physicality of corners/ more spread formations being used in the RZ and inviting pressure packages from defenses.

Arizona's fast start on defense in '04 was helped mightily by the addition of Darnell Docket to play alongside Russell Davis in the middle of their DLine, and until Sunday the duo had created plenty of RZ pressure against teams like New England ( held to just 3 FGs in 4 Red Zone opportunities in the second half of their 23-12 week 2 game ), their 6-3 loss to Michael Vick and the Falcons ( 2 FGs in 4 RZ opps) or their 25-17 win over Seattle in Week 7.

95774[/snapback]

I would be thrilled by this stat if he could do in on constant basis, but since he takes sabattical years in between good days, these kind of stats are an anomaly.

Guest Factchecker
Of course he does, and never let any facts that challenge that premise get in the way of allowing your opinion to be overtly influenced by those who spend every Sunday watching the football on every snap. There's probably lots of us who could throw for more yards than all but 10 QBs in the history of the NFL!

95818[/snapback]

What were his RZ numbers in the previous games? Where does he rank during the whole season? Why does Drew get credit in your eyes for "yards" and "RZ stats," but those who choose to point out things like turnovers, sacks and W-L record get accused of "watching the ball," as if the networks give us much of a choice?

Choosing one game as a bellwether and calling it "the facts" just doesn't cut it AKC.

I just don't understand why everyone can't love this guy as much as you do.

Bledsoe is a football God.

Let's put him in the HOF right NOW!

His performance last Sunday proves EVERYTHING!

He can do no wrong and his detractors just simply don't get it that they're Maroons.

[/PSYCHE]

95853[/snapback]

I'll leave "loving" our players to others with more random chromosomal orders. For my money I like seeing the players on our roster who can do the most immediate good for us playing. All Bledsoe has done this season is play 6 of 7 games well within the system designed by our coaches who have asked to have it implemented by him on the field. 6 of 7, I like those kinds of numbers. As for love you'll need to look elsewhere.

What were his RZ numbers in the previous games? Where does he rank during the whole season? Why does Drew get credit in your eyes for "yards" and "RZ stats," but those who choose to point out things like turnovers, sacks and W-L record get accused of "watching the ball," as if the networks give us much of a choice?

Choosing one game as a bellwether and calling it "the facts" just doesn't cut it AKC.

95866[/snapback]

Then dispute the facts in my post. That's a dare- see you later! Or under some other unregistered title of foolishness.

Guest factchecker
Then dispute the facts in my post. That's a dare- see you later!

95872[/snapback]

They're true, but they mean absolutely nothing. Where was he in the RZ rankings in the Oakland game? That's the same sample size as you have chosen. Be fair and note where he is for the season in RZ rating.

They're true, but they mean absolutely nothing. Where was he in the RZ rankings in the Oakland game? That's the same sample size as you have chosen. Be fair and note where he is for the season in RZ rating.

95892[/snapback]

Since you appear fully consumed by our week 2 game why don't you go out and compile the stats, then share them with us along with the reason why those stats from week 2 are so much more compelling to you than the week 8 stats of a team with a new coach, a new starting running back and a brand new scheme?

Before proceeding, and in the interest of your answer to why week 2 consumes so much of your thought, you might look at the current board and try and figure out why the topic of our most current game is prevalent over the other games we've played. Let me give you a hint- rearange the letters to find your answer:

mercentost

Guest factchecker
Since you appear fully consumed by our week 2 game why don't you go out and compile the stats, then share them with us along with the reason why those stats from week 2 are so much more compelling to you than the week 8 stats of a team with a new coach, a new starting running back and a brand new scheme?

95905[/snapback]

One game doesn't mean much. That's obvious. It's true of week 2 as well. I'm not trying to start a fight, but just think that you seem to be a little quick to jump to conclusions about the QB off a home win against a pretty mediocre team. You gave Bledsoe all the credit for the RZ performance in the original post. The RB and the competition probably had more to do with it than Drew.

Guest Guest_Jay_*

Before proceeding, and in the interest of your answer to why week 2 consumes so much of your thought, you might look at the current board and try and figure out why the topic of our most current game is prevalent over the other games we've played. Let me give you a hint- rearange the letters to find your answer:

mercentost

95905[/snapback]

Thru the first six games of the season the bills scored only four tds in 16 trips inside the RZ, they came away empty in six of those. Many QBs have had to go thru coaching changes, new players and schemes, if he is as good as you seem to think he wouldn't be having these problems. these are just excuses and bad ones at that, the reality is that the game has simply passed Mr. Bledsoe by it is time to move on.

One game doesn't mean much. That's obvious. It's true of week 2 as well. I'm not trying to start a fight, but just think that you seem to be a little quick to jump to conclusions about the QB off a home win against a pretty mediocre team. You gave Bledsoe all the credit for the RZ performance in the original post. The RB and the competition probably had more to do with it than Drew.

95934[/snapback]

Bledsoe has been blamed for every dropped pass this season, every defensive gaffe leading to a late score and the shooting of Bobby Kennedy. By all means, excuse my cynicism when an unregistered poster trys to downplay the very best performance in the red zone of any quarterback in the NFL this past weekend.

Guest Guest_Jay_*
Bledsoe has been blamed for every dropped pass this season, every defensive gaffe leading to a late score and the shooting of Bobby Kennedy. By all means, excuse my cynicism when an unregistered poster trys to downplay the very best performance in the red zone of any quarterback in the NFL this past weekend.

95970[/snapback]

Nobody is downplaying this past weekends performance, we are just overly optimistic about the future.

You have also made two comments about the statements from unregistered posters, do you become smarter after you register? :doh:

Here, let me help:

JAX (3x in RZ) - 2-2, 23 yds, 1 TD, 1 FG, 1 fumble lost (by Moulds)

OAK (3x in RZ) - 3-5, 21 yds, 1 TD, 1 FG, 1 TO on downs (the TD Henry got screwed out of)

NE (2x in RZ) - 0-1, 1 FG, 1 sack/fumble/NE touchdown

NYJ (1x in RZ) - 1-1, 16yds, 1 TD

MIA (3x in RZ) - 2-4, 18 yds, 1 TD, 1 FG, ran clock out on 3rd possession

BAL (4x in RZ) - 2-7, 5 yds, 2 FG, 1 sack, 2 INT

Overall, that makes 4 TD/6 FG in 16 trips into the RZ.

Bledsoe's stats: 10-20, 83 yds, 4 TD passes, 2 INT, 1 fumble, 2 sacks. If you're curious, that works out to a passer rating of 86.04 for plays run in the RZ.

Oh, and here's one other RZ stat from those games you may be interested in:

13 carries - 15 yds, 1.15 ypc, 0 rushing TDs.

You gave Bledsoe all the credit for the RZ performance in the original post. The RB and the competition probably had more to do with it than Drew.

95934[/snapback]

I agree. Bledsoe is definitely getting more credit than he deserves. One play stands out in my mind - the TD pass to Euhus (spelling?). It was designed to go to Moulds, but he had time to check down to Euhus and make the throw for a td. If you remember, Euhus was called for a holding penatly one play early which negated a Mcgahee TD. Against even a mediocre pass rush, he wouldnt have time and we would have settled for a FG.

I think we would have even won if we had a monkey in at QB on sunday. Bledsoe made on good throw the entire game - that fade to Moulds for a td. Other than that, he was Todd Collins-like.