Height 6-0

Weight 242 lbs.

Age 26

Position FB

Experience 4 years

College Carson-Newman

Grade: 66 | Grade means player is an average starter

Alert: None

Comment: Weaver is massive and athletic for his size. A converted tight end drafted out of tiny Carson-Newman, he has adjusted quickly to a new position and a much higher level of play in just two NFL seasons. (He sat out 2006 because of an ankle injury.) Weaver still is learning how to block out of the backfield, but he delivers a good blow on iso blocks and has the power and bulk to follow up and sustain. He shows above-average run skills in the red zone. He has natural receiving tools that reflect his background at tight end. He still needs a lot of work on blitz pickups, tracking stunts and making the quick decision to seal off the corner on sweeps. Weaver still is extremely raw, but he acquitted himself nicely when veteran FB Mack Strong retired last season. He shows enough promise and athleticism to project as a good NFL starter.

Stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9297

And some highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTjf-3bcCPg

The scouting report was written prior to the 2008 season. He was a diamond in the rough. He might be undervalued in this market because of the extinction of the fullback in pro football.

Agreed. Good player, but became expendable with Owen Schmitt on the roster in Seattle, especially when it comes to special teams. Would be an improvement over what we have currently on the roster.

Agreed. Good player, but became expendable with Owen Schmitt on the roster in Seattle, especially when it comes to special teams. Would be an improvement over what we have currently on the roster.

Jamie Mueller would be an improvement. I think this is a huge need the Bills are overlooking we have a top5 rb duo. We need to give them help.

Didn't we just sign McIntyre? It's probably indicitave of who we are going with. Right or wrong

I figured we just signed McIntyre for more of a special teams player. If we plan on keeping him at fullback all the time, god help us.

I figured we just signed McIntyre for more of a special teams player. If we plan on keeping him at fullback all the time, god help us.

I'm not defending the decision, I just don't think we will keep 2 FB's active. Maybe I'm wrong, having said that, I'd like a better FB

Yeah, McIntyre is pretty one dimensional. It he's on the field it's for special teams, to block, or to go out as a receiver on a doomed rollout pattern.

I'd love to see Heath Evans here too. He's a total throwback football player and New England used him a lot in short yardage situations as a runner and as a blocker.

With Weaver or Evans in the game, they're a threat to do something, not just block.

..."They (CIN)are also bringing in a pair of restricted free agent fullbacks for visits, Naufahu Tahi of the Vikings and John Kuhn of the Packers.

..."The Bengals have had high regard for the 6-0, 254-pound Tahi for a long time, ever since they signed him as an undrafted free agent out of BYU in 2006. He pushed incumbent Jeremi Johnson until final cuts and ended up on the practice squad. He was released later that season, but surfaced in Minnesota last year and got some quality time blocking time for Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson while making 16 catches for 37 yards."...

Per Geoff Hobson, Cinti Enquirer reporter 03/03/09

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7538

I remember seeing him play in pre-season. He was an unmovable blocker. He had several carries, and was a rhino - one time, multiple defenders jumped on him, but he rumbled several more yards.

He's worth a look, if they are checking out fullbacks.