In hindsight I think that Brady Quinn would have been

And why is that?

He did have 374 pass attempts in 14 games last year. 26 per game. Thats 1 TD in every 34 attempts. You can't blame that kind of production on play calling.

I think the answer is extremely obvious. Remember, my response was to the claim, " A good QB can throw 11 TD's in 3 or 4 games!". While that is true, no QB is likely to put up those numbers in the sputtering train wreck, that is the Bills offense.

A good QB CAN put up those numbers, but that happens, as a rule, on teams with wide open, passing offenses, and/or those with great Red Zone receiving threats. The Bills are neither of those.

I'm not defending Trent here...well, maybe I am, a little bit. I think he has some glaring faults that he needs to improve on. I'm not convinced he can, or will, either. But, it's just too hard to judge the real talent of players on this team. The coaching, scheme and playcalling IS that atrocious...a fuc#ing embarrassment, IMO.

I think the answer is extremely obvious. Remember, my response was to the claim, " A good QB can throw 11 TD's in 3 or 4 games!". While that is true, no QB is likely to put up those numbers in the sputtering train wreck, that is the Bills offense.

A good QB CAN put up those numbers, but that happens, as a rule, on teams with wide open, passing offenses, and/or those with great Red Zone receiving threats. The Bills are neither of those.

I'm not defending Trent here...well, maybe I am, a little bit. I think he has some glaring faults that he needs to improve on. I'm not convinced he can, or will, either. But, it's just too hard to judge the real talent of players on this team. The coaching, scheme and playcalling IS that atrocious...a fuc#ing embarrassment, IMO.

I still haven't heard you address Edwards' durability. A QB can't throw ANY TDs while on the sidelines injured.

I still haven't heard you address Edwards' durability. A QB can't throw ANY TDs while on the sidelines injured.

Oh, that's for sure. I'm not prepared to call Trent "injury prone", but it has me concerned...no doubt.

I happen to think Fitzpatrick may have more upside, for the Bills, than Trent. But, time (and hopefully a professional approach to offense) will tell.