In hindsight I think that Brady Quinn would have been

Quinn is more of a thicker body QB, like Jim Kelly, who might be better suited not only for our climate but also in the kind of offense that Jauron likes to run. I don't think that either QB has a big arm but physically Quinn looks to be a better fit for our type football that we are trying to employ. While Edwards might an intelligent QB I'm still not sold on his durability, he seems a bit frail to me and picturing him wearing that glove still makes me shudder. I know that Quinn landed up injured (against Buffalo) last year but that was just a finger smacking a helmet and that could have happen to any QB.

Does any of this seem reasonable? Comments welcomed.

does it matter?

I think to a degree it does. I'd like to think that our braintrust are capable in our player evaluation. It's free agency time there has been quite a few coaching changes since last season. There's shuffling of players from team to team because the current players weren't the right fit for the new regime. I guess my question would be is do we have the right type of QB for our team? I think that we would have been better served if we had Quinn/Fitzpatrick tandem than an Edwards/Fitzpatrick.

Quinn is more of a thicker body QB, like Jim Kelly, who might be better suited not only for our climate but also in the kind of offense that Jauron likes to run. I don't think that either QB has a big arm but physically Quinn looks to be a better fit for our type football that we are trying to employ. While Edwards might an intelligent QB I'm still not sold on his durability, he seems a bit frail to me and picturing him wearing that glove still makes me shudder. I know that Quinn landed up injured (against Buffalo) last year but that was just a finger smacking a helmet and that could have happen to any QB.

Does any of this seem reasonable? Comments welcomed.

I can easily see Trent not in the plans next offseason. The deck is stacked against this guy having success. His fragility is concern enough, but coupled with bad coaching a climate that is unfavorable to his weak arm and a receiving corps that does not mesh with his strengths he's really not a good fit here and now. I think he will end up having a career like Chris Chandler. He'll bounce around because of injuries and physical limitations(arm/mobility). But eventually, some team with a lot of talent and a favorable climate will pick him up and he'll see some success in the playoffs because I think he does have some special qualities. But overall, the guy is not cutout to carry a franchise long term. I don't know if Quinn is the guy, but I do know that I'd take Cutler in a heartbeat over Edwards, but who wouldn't?

I think to a degree it does. I'd like to think that our braintrust are capable in our player evaluation. It's free agency time there has been quite a few coaching changes since last season. There's shuffling of players from team to team because the current players weren't the right fit for the new regime. I guess my question would be is do we have the right type of QB for our team? I think that we would have been better served if we had Quinn/Fitzpatrick tandem than an Edwards/Fitzpatrick.

Let's put it this way, Trent Edwards performance has been much better than most qb's in their first 20 games. Better qb rating, less Int's, yards per attempt, wins losses and sacks allowed. Considering he is playing for a mediocre team, I would have to say he has played well. Let's see what Quinn and Trent do next year and then let's talk.

My money is on Trent

Not sure where you're going with this. Quinn was a mid-first rounder. Edwards was a late third. Not knowing anything else about two players, I would generally say the much higher pick is a better fit.

I can't really figure out the point of this thread, either.

I can easily see Trent not in the plans next offseason. The deck is stacked against this guy having success. His fragility is concern enough, but coupled with bad coaching a climate that is unfavorable to his weak arm and a receiving corps that does not mesh with his strengths he's really not a good fit here and now. I think he will end up having a career like Chris Chandler. He'll bounce around because of injuries and physical limitations(arm/mobility). But eventually, some team with a lot of talent and a favorable climate will pick him up and he'll see some success in the playoffs because I think he does have some special qualities. But overall, the guy is not cutout to carry a franchise long term. I don't know if Quinn is the guy, but I do know that I'd take Cutler in a heartbeat over Edwards, but who wouldn't?

Thanks for your input, that's what I was wondering, the general consensus on Edwards being the proper fit for us.

Both QBs came out in the same draft and while Buffalo wasn't looking for a QB early in this draft they still made the move when Edwards slipped to them. Under this regime the last few years the Bills' front office moved up or into the early 2nd rd or even late in the 1st. I think that this might have been a good move in this draft so that they could get Quinn.

Edwards is better than Quinn if you ask me, the problem is the fact that they both suck. Quinn just has'nt proved it yet. I would also venture to say that the Bills would easily have won 10 or 11 games last year if we had one of the top 10 QB's in the league. The NFL is a QB league. If you have a good QB you will be in every game. Put a top notch QB in Buffalo and we would really make some noise. I think our WR's are good, O-line good, RB's even better, Defense solid, special teams above average. Yet here we are at 7-9 again!

My finger points to our QB's as the problem over the past several years, and my middle finger points up to any one who who doubts the fact that our QB play has been below Average at best.

Edwards is better than Quinn if you ask me, the problem is the fact that they both suck. Quinn just has'nt proved it yet. I would also venture to say that the Bills would easily have won 10 or 11 games last year if we had one of the top 10 QB's in the league. The NFL is a QB league. If you have a good QB you will be in every game. Put a top notch QB in Buffalo and we would really make some noise. I think our WR's are good, O-line good, RB's even better, Defense solid, special teams above average. Yet here we are at 7-9 again!

My finger points to our QB's as the problem over the past several years, and my middle finger points up to any one who who doubts the fact that our QB play has been below Average at best.

I really don't get everyone's hating on Trent. Look at his numbers. He's doing pretty well for a guy who's only played a little over one season. Not everybody is Matt Ryan and becomes a star over night. Trent has all of the intangibles to be a great player, and he's doing pretty well thus far. Everyone likes to blame the team's struggles on the QB. Trent should be our QB, and will be as long as he can stay healthy.

Let's put it this way, Trent Edwards performance has been much better than most qb's in their first 20 games. Better qb rating, less Int's, yards per attempt, wins losses and sacks allowed. Considering he is playing for a mediocre team, I would have to say he has played well. Let's see what Quinn and Trent do next year and then let's talk.

My money is on Trent

:thumbsup:

:wallbash:

I really don't get everyone's hating on Trent. Look at his numbers. He's doing pretty well for a guy who's only played a little over one season. Not everybody is Matt Ryan and becomes a star over night. Trent has all of the intangibles to be a great player, and he's doing pretty well thus far. Everyone likes to blame the team's struggles on the QB. Trent should be our QB, and will be as long as he can stay healthy.

What is so good about this career stat line???

Cmp-396, Att-643, Yrds-4329, Cmp%-61.6, YPA 6.73, TD-18, Int-18, QB Rating- 79.1

18 TD's in 24 games, now thats hall of fame material.

What are the so called intangibles to be great pozfan?

I am not hating, I like the guy! I just don't think he's THE guy! He dinks and dunks, checks down, is reluctant to go for the big play, Can't get out of the way and keep plays alive (35 Sacks), injury prone, and average arm strength.

Look at Trent's numbers..............10 Td's 11 INT's.............That is not doing pretty well.

Me personally would prefer Quinn but more importantly is that I don't really envision Edwards leading us, mostly due to the fact that the guy can't seem to stay healthy. That is the biggest reason for this post, I think that Quinn is more durable and would be a better fit for our team, offense and climate.

Now here is a realistic Poster, 11 TD's in 14 games last year. Don't you guys who are queer for Edwards get it! A good QB can throw 11 TD's in 3 or 4 games!

Not in the Bills offense, of the past few years.

We get it. You hate every Bills' related move. Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

and what has Quinn proved in the pros? Edwards has twice the resume with a much lesser supporting cast. Let's give him a chance and build around him before running him out too.