With all the complaints about how slow the Bills are moving

No. So far, they have only replaced players they have cut our will lose to FA. They still aren't back to even from the talent they had last year. Our biggest problems were the Lines and neither of those signings will fix that. So, once again, no.

No. So far, they have only replaced players they have cut our will lose to FA. They still aren't back to even from the talent they had last year. Our biggest problems were the Lines and neither of those signings will fix that. So, once again, no.

If thy signed Cato and Coles how can you say the arent back to the talent of last year? Cato is an upgrade over ellis and Coles is an upgrade over everyone not named Evans. I think the Back up Qb takes a hit, but greer and Florence seem comparable. This makes us slightly better than last season if that happened!!! :huh:

No, they haven't signed one friggin' player that's remotely good. They're signing other teams rejects. Totally pathetic.

Football teams are about systems and not all players fit that system case in point JP. However Coles asked ofr his release hpoing to bank he was not a reject of his team and his team would take him back if he didnt. TB has new coaching new system Cato fits better in ours since we run very close to Indys system. Carolina would have had hangartenr back but knows he deserves a starting job. So i disagree with your assement.

If thy signed Cato and Coles how can you say the arent back to the talent of last year? Cato is an upgrade over ellis and Coles is an upgrade over everyone not named Evans. I think the Back up Qb takes a hit, but greer and Florence seem comparable. This makes us slightly better than last season if that happened!!! :rolleyes:

You don't think that Fitz can play better than Losman did last season? I think we have upgraded every position that we've signed a player for so far. I know some will say Greer is better than Florence, but he played good in SD. If he gets back to that form then we've gotten a steal of a player for $3.5 million per season. If we sign Coles, June, and get Waters through a trade? I'd call this a VERY good offseason for the Bills and we still have the draft to go, JMO :huh:

You don't think that Fitz can play better than Losman did last season? I think we have upgraded every position that we've signed a player for so far. I know some will say Greer is better than Florence, but he played good in SD. If he gets back to that form then we've gotten a steal of a player for $3.5 million per season. If we sign Coles, June, and get Waters through a trade? I'd call this a VERY good offseason for the Bills and we still have the draft to go, JMO :huh:

Personally not a JP hater and Jp is definately better than Fitz, But Fitz might do better here than in concinatti because we are a dink and dunk team and hes a dink and dunk and run guy instead of the throe the ball down field that cincinatti wants and Jp is better at.

Personally not a JP hater and Jp is definately better than Fitz, But Fitz might do better here than in concinatti because we are a dink and dunk team and hes a dink and dunk and run guy instead of the throe the ball down field that cincinatti wants and Jp is better at.

Poet, JP was horrible. I don't care what system he plays in, he can not read defenses, can not make quick decisions and his accuracy on short and medium passes is god awful. I have got to believe that Fitzpatrick will be a big upgrade.

Poet, JP was horrible. I don't care what system he plays in, he can not read defenses, can not make quick decisions and his accuracy on short and medium passes is god awful. I have got to believe that Fitzpatrick will be a big upgrade.

Sorry we are going to have to agree to disagree. :huh:

Yes Coles and June would be an upgrade, but once again, not in the places of highest need. If Trent is playing scared, then it won't matter what WR's we have. And if we continuously have to use our LB's to get pressure because our DE's are so inept, then team's with quick slant packages like Arizona will continue to smack us around.

Yes Coles and June would be an upgrade, but once again, not in the places of highest need. If Trent is playing scared, then it won't matter what WR's we have. And if we continuously have to use our LB's to get pressure because our DE's are so inept, then team's with quick slant packages like Arizona will continue to smack us around.

sign Walter Payton, Joe Greene, and Jerry Rice....IN THEIR PRIME? How about that....will that be able to give you a chubby?

Totally agree. Both of these guys would be upgrades but not at our three-to-four biggest needs:

1. DE

2. TE

3. C

4. DT/Guard

Now, if we sign these two guys and pick up a true starting center or DT/Guard, then I feel good knowing that the major holes of DE/TE can be addressed in the first three rounds.

Looking at the other FA signings, if the Bills sign June and Coles will you look favorably on this free agency period?

Those are both ifs. If they do sign both of them, then yes I think you could defintely make a case that we have improved a little. However if we don't sign one or both, then I am not sure how you could say that our team has improved. I would like to see a trade for Waters at guard as well.

Looking at the other FA signings, if the Bills sign June and Coles will you look favorably on this free agency period?

Oh hell no. Florence will be out of here next offseason, as would June and Coles. Veritable band-aids. Hangartner might be as well, depending on the size and structure of his deal. He's a quality backup, but he's going to look like crap going face up against the NT's in the AFC East. How can I say these things? Check out the results from the past three ventures into free agency. They aren't doing anything differently.

not in particular...

so far we have brought in depth and created holes along the way. If we bring in June and Coles then we have added and average WR and LB. thats not spectacular or exciting, but is necessary for a team to hope to be at least average. which based on our track record looks like they set the bar high and hoping for 8-8 this season.. progress baby

not in particular...

so far we have brought in depth and created holes along the way. If we bring in June and Coles then we have added and average WR and LB. thats not spectacular or exciting, but is necessary for a team to hope to be at least average. which based on our track record looks like they set the bar high and hoping for 8-8 this season.. progress baby

I would say that both Coles and June would be upgrades from what we have. To think not is not smart. Both have been productive in their careers.

I would say that both Coles and June would be upgrades from what we have. To think not is not smart. Both have been productive in their careers.

when did i say they wernt upgrades? and if you want to critique me for something stupid thats not smart either...

they are average to slightly above average. and to say that they are an upgrade exemplifies just how horrendous and inferior the "talent" on the current roster really is.

If coles was really all that, teams would be beating down his door. and guess whos interested??? the bungles and the 'ills. that should tell you what type of team coles is an upgrade over their current WR's.

June, is an average LB that can play the cover 2.

Coles is an average to marginally above average WR and suited to be a #2.