Its Starting to Look Like

DE and TE for the first two picks.

- Signed QB, C, and CB.

- Bringing in Peterson and June for LB.

- Talking about trading for Waters at G.

- No way do we draft a WR early again.

- Working on extending Peters.

- Adding a vet RB.

That leaves pass rushing DE and pass catching TE as the team's 2 biggest needs assuming needs above filled, DT could be in there too so DE round 1 and TE round 2 and DT being the wild card.

I agree somewhat........

If Trent Edwards goes down with an injury, our season is over. Granted its going to be hard enough as is with Edwards as the QB, but season will be all but over if Fitzpatrick has to come in. I still would have liked to see Buffalo grab a different QB. The reason they wanted a true backup in Buffalo is to avoid a QB controversy.........to me thats pretty lame!

I agree somewhat........

If Trent Edwards goes down with an injury, our season is over. Granted its going to be hard enough as is with Edwards as the QB, but season will be all but over if Fitzpatrick has to come in. I still would have liked to see Buffalo grab a different QB. The reason they wanted a true backup in Buffalo is to avoid a QB controversy.........to me thats pretty lame!

Agreed, but they won't use the first 2 picks on one.

I agree somewhat........

Tells me they are going make or break with Edwards this year. He either steps up this year, or we draft a QB in round 1 in 2010 in top 15 or acquire one via trade/FA.

Ayup NYC.

Although I do wonder what will happen if a star falls into the Bills' laps. Do they pass on a guy like Curry, Crabtree or Smith if they tumble?

I my opinion you do because somebody is going to want to trade up for one of those players.........

I want a DE and a TE of course.....but I still think this is the draft to also take a center high even though we have addressed it in free agency.....if we can get another 2nd round pick somehow some way that would be great.

I'm usually more optimistic but consider me completely underwhelmed.

Fitzgerald - An awful choice for a backup QB. If anything we desperately need someone with experience who can help guide Edwards when he has his 3-4 defense panic attacks.

Florence - 6+million? For what? 15 games started, 3 passes defensed, 0 INTs. This seems like a Kelsay signing all over again - sign a mediocre backup to above average pay. Please, even the Jaguars considered him woeful this past year.

Hangardner - I actually like this move but not if we also lose Preston - we're back to zero depth and a questionable interior again.

I guess if we get Coles and Kendall or Walters and lock up Peters and Jackson, I'll see forward progress. But right now, net-net, we are treading water while our competition pulls further ahead.

I know as fans we generally over-value whoever we sign and that seems to be the case with these mostly 3rd tier free agents. My only solace now is Jauron can't survive another losing season but who knows what that outcome will bring in the future.

2010 or bust!

Fitzgerald - An awful choice for a backup QB. If anything we desperately need someone with experience who can help guide Edwards when he has his 3-4 defense panic attacks.

Florence - 6+million? For what? 15 games started, 3 passes defensed, 0 INTs. This seems like a Kelsay signing all over again - sign a mediocre backup to above average pay. Please, even the Jaguars considered him woeful this past year.

Hangardner - I actually like this move but not if we also lose Preston - we're back to zero depth and a questionable interior again.

I guess if we get Coles and Kendall or Walters and lock up Peters and Jackson, I'll see forward progress. But right now, net-net, we are treading water while our competition pulls further ahead.

I know as fans we generally over-value whoever we sign and that seems to be the case with these mostly 3rd tier free agents. My only solace now is Jauron can't survive another losing season but who knows what that outcome will bring in the future.

2010 or bust!

I didn't say I liked what the Bills have done, I said this is what it looks like they are going to do. :huh:

2010 or bust!

Regarding Florence - I see from Two Bills Drive

He started 46 games last 4 seasons. He also had 10 interceptions in his last 3 years at SD. Also he only started 8 games last year. It appears to me he is a good pick up for the cost.

Regarding Florence - I see from Two Bills Drive

He started 46 games last 4 seasons. He also had 10 interceptions in his last 3 years at SD. Also he only started 8 games last year. It appears to me he is a good pick up for the cost.

15 games played - couldn't crack the starting lineup for a somewhat depleted Jags secondary - plus locker room problems from paying someone too much who was essentially a backup ... gee, you think that might happen here?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jaguars/2009-02-11-porter-cut_N.htm?csp=34

The Jacksonville Jaguars essentially acknowledged two failed free agent acquisitions Wednesday by releasing receiver Jerry Porter and cornerback Drayton Florence. The Jaguars paid more than $23 million for Porter and Florence to step into starting roles last year, but both failed to make an impact on the field and may have been even less impressive in the locker room. Teammates privately blamed them for chemistry issues that plagued Jacksonville (5-11) all season.

"In going through our personnel evaluations and roster analysis we are making decisions that we believe will help improve our team for the 2009 season and beyond," Jaguars general manager Gene Smith said.

Florence signed a six-year, $36 million deal with about $12 million guaranteed. He also got $1 million in salary last season, but couldn't win a starting job. He spent most of the season playing in nickel and dime situations, and giving that much money to a backup raised eyebrows around the locker room.

"Obviously, I endorsed them or we wouldn't have done them, so I'm not going to go back and second guess what was done," team owner Wayne Weaver said last month. "We just have to learn from our mistakes and move on."

Weaver parted ways with personnel chief James "Shack" Harris in December, partly because of the two failed free agent signings. Cutting them will save the club about $8.3 million in salary in 2009. Florence was scheduled to make $1.9 million in base salary with a $2.5 million roster bonus. Porter was due to make $1.9 million in base salary with a $2 million roster bonus.

DE and TE for the first two picks.

- Signed QB, C, and CB.

- Bringing in Peterson and June for LB.

- Talking about trading for Waters at G.

- No way do we draft a WR early again.

- Working on extending Peters.

- Adding a vet RB.

That leaves pass rushing DE and pass catching TE as the team's 2 biggest needs assuming needs above filled, DT could be in there too so DE round 1 and TE round 2 and DT being the wild card.

DE and TE will most likely be the first 2 picks IMO. I also believe that they might end up taking a 2nd DE in the draft in the first 4 rounds. I also believe that we will take a Center or Guard if they're the best player available after we address DE and TE.

You are correct sir. But I don't think Mr. Waters is a Bill just yet. Otherwise guard becomes a bigger priority in the draft as awe don't have ANYONE to play it. I would be fine with Derek as a starter.

I think by going after Waters they plan to go after an experienced player, not draft.

Florence - 6+million? For what? 15 games started, 3 passes defensed, 0 INTs. This seems like a Kelsay signing all over again - sign a mediocre backup to above average pay.

$3.3mil/year for 2 years is not above average pay.

That would be average FA nickel money wouldn't it?