OMFG!!! McD's is out of McNuggets! Call 911!

/dev/null

I don't know, I'm kinda on her side for this one. She shouldn't have called three times (that's where I'm not on her side), but if she was cited because she called 911 a single time, then that's wrong (we'll probably never know if the 3 calls is what forced their hand).

How was she supposed to know the number to the local PD?

McD's screwed up, IMHO.

I suppose - but seems to me that McD's tend to reflect the neighborhoods they are located in.

The one I visit for my morning coffee is clean, offers free newspapers, and the help is courteous and accurate.

There is another one in a different direction, that I occasionally patronize. It is less clean. No newspapers, not even a box outside. The customers leave tables in a mess, and only napkins and salt and pepper are available for self-serve - if ketchup, plastic utensils, coffee creamers, jams etc. were left out, the customers would fill their pockets. Outside, take-out bags and wrappers pile up with the wind.

The workers are indifferent at best, and you better check your order. And they get mad while you do so. I never order fries there - workers, and the usual clientele both feeling there is no such thing as too much salt.

It could be that this particular McD's is like this one, and that their customers frequently try to rip them off.

McDonald's statement:

"Satisfying each and every customer that visits our restaurants is very important to us.

Regarding this isolated incident, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In the event that we are unable to fill an order, a customer should be offered the choice of a full refund or alternative menu items. We regret that in this instance, that wasn't the case.

We want to correct our mistake. We will be sending the customer her refund, along with an Arch card for a complimentary meal on us.

We never want to disappoint a McNuggets fan or any McDonald's customer.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority."

Carlos Solorzano

McDonald's Operations Manager Florida Region

McD's has a sense of humor. Maybe they can get away with McD clown being in courtroom as character witness.

He was a character witness for the Hamburgler but he still got the chair. :thumbsup:

It's really no wonder older generations laugh at this generation... :thumbsup:

And the worst part is stupid people breed with one another.

It is wrong that she used 911... Now if she would have whipped out a weapon, then the whole store would have been dialing 911.

Here in Chicago, they have 311 for non-emergency. And I am not defending her, she probably didn't know who to call. The way she worded was screwy, yet she was very calm.

The only thing I can think of this that I can relate to is what happens at my work during the summer and how people use the marine band VHF-FM radio... Channel 16 is for hailing and distress only, Channel 9 is for general pleasure boat and all other misc. conversation. Of course you get all kinds of Yahoos using Channel 16 and not going to a working channel.

Anyway, the brass at McD's have to be scratching thei head over this one! <_<:beer:

There is another one in a different direction, that I occasionally patronize. It is less clean. No newspapers, not even a box outside. The customers leave tables in a mess, and only napkins and salt and pepper are available for self-serve - if ketchup, plastic utensils, coffee creamers, jams etc. were left out, the customers would fill their pockets. Outside, take-out bags and wrappers pile up with the wind.

The workers are indifferent at best, and you better check your order. And they get mad while you do so. I never order fries there - workers, and the usual clientele both feeling there is no such thing as too much salt.

Sounds like the one closest to my house. I've left the drive through (they got one of those new "double lane" setups) after placing my order because the line hadn't moved for over 5 minutes (two complete songs on the radio). I'll drive the 3-4 miles to the next one (driving right by the close one) when I want my McD fix.

why would the operator even waste time by talking to this primative? just hang up so you can do the job we pay you to do.

That is really enligtening DaGimp. :D:thumbdown:

Because it could turn into something... What happens if someone pulls a weapon over this stupid incident?

Kinda like the US Coast Guard taking any mayday/distress call over channel 16 with the utmost seriousness, no matter how bogus it sounds. Even if they don't get a reply (and indirectly suspect that somebody is tampering or playing with a radio) they will keep responding to the call... Even issuing their own pan-pan over 16 for a length off time after the original distress call (bogus or not).

This is a case where the lady called a "mayday" (911) when at the very most should have called a "pan-pan" (and even that is in question, yet somebody need to help getting her money refunded... No?). Maybe she should have issued a "sécurité" and told everyone she knew: "Don't go to McD's, they will not provide a service you want and they will still take/steal your money." Unfortunately she made a mayday call, and when one makes a maydy call, one gets results no matter what the problem is.

Good job on part of the 911 operator.

What I want to find out is, does anyone know if she got her money back? The execs at McD's gotta be scratching their heads over this PR fiasco. What is up with McD's not giving her money back?