For all of you who want Jason Peters RESIGNED

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Peters deserved the Pro Bowl bid this past year you're a) an idiot, and/or b) didn't watch any games this season. He was awful. He watched people go by him, and those blaming it on Dockery's poor play since his release are just fools. Do you remember when Ruben Brown was voted in years after he was any good?? It happens all the time with linemen. You're a complete joke.

That being said, I do think he deserves to be paid more than he is actually being paid. But not $11-12M/year. Joe Thomas got an absurd contract because he was the #3 overall pick. Peters is no Orlando Pace, I'm sorry. Pace almost won the Heisman at left tackle. And I think Matt Light was the better tackle last year, although I think Peters deserves what Light makes and then some. But "some" isn't an extra $6M/year.

Ruben Brown was one of the better linemen in the NFL his entire time here- He was surrounded by subpar talent. Maybe you should look at who was to Joe Thomas' right side two years ago and who was there last year before you go off running your mouth.

"How much the Bills spend in free agency may come down to Jason Peters. Russ Brandon has exchanged proposals with Peters agent, Eugene Parker. According to a source, Parker has told the Bills he expects Peters to be paid as the AFC’s top offensive tackle. Miami’s Jake Long currently holds that distinction after the top pick of 2008 signed a 5-year, $57.5-million dollar deal with $30-million guaranteed. -FOX SPORTS"

Do you really feel jason peters is worth 11.5 mil a year? Im sorry I don think hes worth that much. JAke Long as a rookie was 10 times better than he was. I wouldn pay him more than dockery was paid 8 mil a year dont even think hes worth that much either.

But you tell me is he worth 11.5 mil in your opinion? :huh:

A few things about this....

First, the comment about the "highest paid LT in the game" is to be expected. Seriously, what should he say? His agent is negotiating a contract. Why not shoot for the stars?

In terms of how good he is, he wasn't great last year due to the holdout. Before that, he was great. When looking at Peters, and knowing that he was once a tight end, one has to be amazed by his strength. Seriously, who is stronger? Joe Thomas? I don't think so at all. Peters isn't so tall either, but he is so strong that he shoves DEs out of the play with his very long and strong arms. It is amazing imo.

The things is, he was really still learning how to play LT too. Healthy, he will only get better. Also, did you notice that there were no free agent LTs. Do we really want to be the only team stupid enough to lose our best player at a position which matters so much?

And for those who mention Gandy, I make the case that Arizona was a fluke. How was their regular season record? How did Gandy do in the superbowl? A case could be made that he lost the game. No, one would be better advised to look at past Superbowl teams and look at the list of great, and even HOF LTs.

The Bills need to step up and get a deal done, and we fans need to stop acting like Ralph's wallet is our grandmother's purse.

First, the comment about the "highest paid LT in the game" is to be expected. Seriously, what should he say? His agent is negotiating a contract. Why not shoot for the stars?

In terms of how good he is, he wasn't great last year due to the holdout. Before that, he was great. When looking at Peters, and knowing that he was once a tight end, one has to be amazed by his strength. Seriously, who is stronger? Joe Thomas? I don't think so at all. Peters isn't so tall either, but he is so strong that he shoves DEs out of the play with his very strong arms. It is amazing imo.

The things is, he was really still learning how to play LT too. Healthy, he will only get better. Also, did you notice that there were no free agent LTs. Do we really want to be the only team stupid enough to lose our best player at a position which matters so much?

And for those who mention Gandy, I make the case that Arizona was a fluke. How was their regular season record? How did Gandy do in the superbowl? A case could be made that he lost the game. No, one would be better advised to look at past Superbowl teams and look at the list of great, and even HOF LTs.

The Bills need to step up and get a deal done, and we fans need to stop acting like Ralph's wallet is our grandmother's purse.

Good points Bill from N.Y

In terms of how good he is, he wasn't great last year due to the holdout. Before that, he was great. When looking at Peters, and knowing that he was once a tight end, one has to be amazed by his strength. Seriously, who is stronger? Joe Thomas? I don't think so at all. Peters isn't so tall either, but he is so strong that he shoves DEs out of the play with his very strong arms. It is amazing imo.

It wasn't just Gandy. Pittsburgh also didn't have a pro bowl LT, and they won the game. It is more about coaching and team than one "pro bowl" player. Peters is trying to make him self bigger than the Bills and has no team concept. So screw him. You can get to the Super Bowl and win without a pro bowler on the LT spot. The Bills have bigger needs than retaining Peters who is under contract for 2 more years. Hell bring in a mid-tier LT, trade Peters and get what you can. We have bigger needs and too many teams have shown a star LT isn't the be all to end all, especially at the expense of the team.

In terms of how good he is, he wasn't great last year due to the holdout. Before that, he was great. When looking at Peters, and knowing that he was once a tight end, one has to be amazed by his strength. Seriously, who is stronger? Joe Thomas? I don't think so at all. Peters isn't so tall either, but he is so strong that he shoves DEs out of the play with his very long and strong arms. It is amazing imo.

Amen

This will go back to a postI made when he reported to the team last year. Jason was an undrafted TE, the following year he was converted to LT, The following year the team thattook a risk on him - went to the table and signed him to a more lucrative contract. And then he made the pro-bowl because of his exceptional play- and then holds out on the team that took a risk - whata wonderful payback. As I said in my post lastAug. - trade him for a 4th round pick. If I am his team mate - I want to be the DE lined up across from him - just so I could trash talk his fatass and spit on his hand.

The Bills risked on him, and rewarded him - why did he turn out to be a pro-bowl selection, because the team asked him to change psoitions, he attened every function, the coaches worked with him - and his team mates worked with him. He made the pro-bowl this year on a name - his play sucked at times, and he gave up way to many hits and hurries, had he been in training camp - HONORING the signed contract - we would have seen a different player, possibly 2-3 more W's in the column that counts.

I played a lot of sports in my life including soccer for 30 years - it is a team game. In my career construction engineering - I have to block, I have to catch, I have to run, and I have to dive on the loose ball and get my kidneys smashed doing it, and when I getback to the huddle in the conference room - we high 5 - I play as a team mate, I play for my boss - who pays me, who took a risk when he hired me. Last year my boss asked me in my review- what do you feel is fair, I answered 7%, 3% costof living 4 % on merit. His reply was 15%- you did a good job and put the team before yourself.

As draft day looms, now trade Jason for a second round pick - but please trade him to an AFC East Team, let him go take his self rightous attitude and cause disent and distraction within our division.

It wasn't just Gandy. Pittsburgh also didn't have a pro bowl LT, and they won the game. It is more about coaching and team than one "pro bowl" player. Peters is trying to make him self bigger than the Bills and has no team concept. So screw him. You can get to the Super Bowl and win without a pro bowler on the LT spot. The Bills have bigger needs than retaining Peters who is under contract for 2 more years. Hell bring in a mid-tier LT, trade Peters and get what you can. We have bigger needs and too many teams have shown a star LT isn't the be all to end all, especially at the expense of the team.

VA, I understand your points. I should have also thrown in the issue of the mindset of our team. We need to lock up our big strong players instead of focusing on little defensive backs who stand 30 yards downfield shivering in the cold and winds.

The Steelers do this. They are a big strong team that pounds the football on the ground, and plays a wicked defense. We need to do the same, and you don't get there by trading away your strongest, best football player. That is not the way to win.

"How much the Bills spend in free agency may come down to Jason Peters. Russ Brandon has exchanged proposals with Peters agent, Eugene Parker. According to a source, Parker has told the Bills he expects Peters to be paid as the AFC’s top offensive tackle. Miami’s Jake Long currently holds that distinction after the top pick of 2008 signed a 5-year, $57.5-million dollar deal with $30-million guaranteed. -FOX SPORTS"

Do you really feel jason peters is worth 11.5 mil a year? Im sorry I don think hes worth that much. JAke Long as a rookie was 10 times better than he was. I wouldn pay him more than dockery was paid 8 mil a year dont even think hes worth that much either.

But you tell me is he worth 11.5 mil in your opinion? :huh:

Jason Peters can kiss my butt.

This will go back to a postI made when he reported to the team last year. Jason was an undrafted TE, the following year he was converted to LT, The following year the team thattook a risk on him - went to the table and signed him to a more lucrative contract. And then he made the pro-bowl because of his exceptional play- and then holds out on the team that took a risk - whata wonderful payback. As I said in my post lastAug. - trade him for a 4th round pick. If I am his team mate - I want to be the DE lined up across from him - just so I could trash talk his fatass and spit on his hand.

The Bills risked on him, and rewarded him - why did he turn out to be a pro-bowl selection, because the team asked him to change psoitions, he attened every function, the coaches worked with him - and his team mates worked with him. He made the pro-bowl this year on a name - his play sucked at times, and he gave up way to many hits and hurries, had he been in training camp - HONORING the signed contract - we would have seen a different player, possibly 2-3 more W's in the column that counts.

I played a lot of sports in my life including soccer for 30 years - it is a team game. In my career construction engineering - I have to block, I have to catch, I have to run, and I have to dive on the loose ball and get my kidneys smashed doing it, and when I getback to the huddle in the conference room - we high 5 - I play as a team mate, I play for my boss - who pays me, who took a risk when he hired me. Last year my boss asked me in my review- what do you feel is fair, I answered 7%, 3% costof living 4 % on merit. His reply was 15%- you did a good job and put the team before yourself.

As draft day looms, now trade Jason for a second round pick - but please trade him to an AFC East Team, let him go take his self rightous attitude and cause disent and distraction within our division.

That's all fine and dandy Chas but why did the Bills before the next season started rip up and re-write a contract for Aaron Schobel who had 3 years left on his deal after they gave Kelsay his ridiculous contract?

Then they sign Dockery and leave Peters hanging?

this coming from the man who said Marshawn is the 5th best RB in the AFC east :huh:

VA, I understand your points. I should have also thrown in the issue of the mindset of our team. We need to lock up our big strong players instead of focusing on little defensive backs who stand 30 yards downfield shivering in the cold and winds.

The Steelers do this. They are a big strong team that pounds the football on the ground, and plays a wicked defense. We need to do the same, and you don't get there by trading away your strongest, best football player. That is not the way to win.

Really, do they lock up their LT for 60 million over 5 years, who still had 3 years left on his contract when he started acting like a baby? I honestly don't know, but I seriously doubt it. yet that non-pro bowl LT has a super bowl ring.

That's all fine and dandy Chas but why did the Bills almost immediately rip up and re-write a contract for Aaron Schobel who had 3 years left on his deal after they gave Kelsay his ridiculous contract?

Then they sign Dockery and leave Peters hanging?

it's racial.

Bill, you know the other thing, how many of those offensive linemen from Pittsburgh or Arizona, the two super bowl teams made the Pro Bowl.

None. You don't need pro bowler on the Oline. You need solid guys that work together as a team, act like a team. Not one big old cry baby who wants to get paid more than everyone else, just because.

I'm not saying it's racial but I am saying it's unfair.

In February of 2007, the Bills signed Chris Kelsay to that ridiculous contract.

In August of 2007, before the next season started, the Bills announced the signing of Aaron Schobel to a 7 year, $50 million dollar contract to ensure that he's the highest paid defensive lineman on the team. Schobel's old contract had 3 years left.

In March of 2007 the Bills signed Derrick Dockery to that ridiculous contract (one month after Kelsay signed his ridiculous contract). Peters meanwhile gets no overtures from the Bills to re-work his contract which has 3 years left.

If the Bills would have treated Peters the way they treated Schobel, how much do you think Peters would be signed for right now?

Bill, you know the other thing, how many of those offensive linemen from Pittsburgh or Arizona, the two super bowl teams made the Pro Bowl.

None. You don't need pro bowler on the Oline. You need solid guys that work together as a team, act like a team. Not one big old cry baby who wants to get paid more than everyone else, just because.

Do you disregard the number of all time great LTs who have played in the superbowl? Imo it is no accident.

What qualifies you to make this assessment and argument? Have you read anywhere that anyone in the NFL objected to Peters being selected to the probowl? More importantly, have you heard anything from a knowledgeable source (not people screaming on this board) that Peters is anything less than an elite, and maybe the best LT in the league?

I suppose your vantage point when watching each and every game this season a) was supported by knowledge of the line calls b) provided footage on Peters in isolation and c) allowed you to slow down the video to see if Peters was out of position or in fact played poorly.

I guess the Bills should hire you to assess talent. You seem to know more than they do.

:w00t::huh:

How much does the guy who does the same job as you at any other company make? Do they print it up for you so you can see. What if you found out some guy who sucks at his job is making 3 times more than you and everybody knows you're a better worker. You're tied into a contract that pays you a lot less for the next three years. I think you'd let your boss know about it. Peters got very bad advice from his agent last year but this is a new year. I don't give a crap what anybody says LT is an extremely important part of the offense. Particularly when your QB is brittle.

Jason Peters can kiss my butt.

Fantasy? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's racial but I am saying it's unfair.

In February of 2007, the Bills signed Chris Kelsay to that ridiculous contract.

In August of 2007, before the next season started, the Bills announced the signing of Aaron Schobel to a 7 year, $50 million dollar contract to ensure that he's the highest paid defensive lineman on the team. Schobel's old contract had 3 years left.

In March of 2007 the Bills signed Derrick Dockery to that ridiculous contract (one month after Kelsay signed his ridiculous contract). Peters meanwhile gets no overtures from the Bills to re-work his contract which has 3 years left.

If the Bills would have treated Peters the way they treated Schobel, how much do you think Peters would be signed for right now?

IIRC, Buffalo tore up his first contract and gave him a raise without his publicly asking for it.